Azamara pricing

MrMojoRisin

Hope I am not breaching rules in this next question: as mentioned I have a booking on Azamara for next year (our first one), we have since found another quote which is essentially the same but with much more obc with another ta. I have asked our ta if they can increase their obc, if not and I want to transfer it do I need to cancel get the deposit refunded and pay new deposit with new ta?

Also with extra obc, how much are specialty restaurants? What other treats do people like to spend their obc on?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hope I am not breaching rules in this next question: as mentioned I have a booking on Azamara for next year (our first one), we have since found another quote which is essentially the same but with much more obc with another ta. I have asked our ta if they can increase their obc, if not and I want to transfer it do I need to cancel get the deposit refunded and pay new deposit with new ta?

Also with extra obc, how much are specialty restaurants? What other treats do people like to spend their obc on?

Firstly whether you can transfer probably depends on the contract you have with your TA. I don’t think Azamara would mind.

Speciality restaurants are $30pp, but you can get packages too. Have a look here https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/sites/default/files/pdfs/specialty_dining_flyer_070516.pdf

If you haven’t got free WiFi on your booking, then you can spent OBC on that too https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/booked-guests/onboard-packages/internet-packages

There’s always the spa, the shops (tho’ limited stock) and if you like drinks that are not on the included list, you can always treat yourselves (tho’ we are happy with the included drinks).

Since posting this just 2 days ago Azamara in their infinite wisdom have increased the price by 6% so the with the same TA it now comes to £547pppn despite having not sold any cabins in this grade!

OK I officially give in!!! Today the price has FALLEN by 7% and is now below the price of the 4th March on Azamara’s website. Our TA’s price is now £513pppn.

Having checked on the cruise for a month now there were no changes then this rapid change - why? No wonder people get confused about pricing, how do travel agents keep up with it all?

OK I officially give in!!! Today the price has FALLEN by 7% and is now below the price of the 4th March on Azamara’s website. Our TA’s price is now £513pppn.

Having checked on the cruise for a month now there were no changes then this rapid change - why? No wonder people get confused about pricing, how do travel agents keep up with it all?

Doesn’t it make your head spin? Prompted by your post I checked the price of a Quest cruise at the end of June I’m looking at and that has dropped in price too by just under 10% since I checked a week or ten days ago. It went up before going back down again.

Phil

Doesn’t it make your head spin? Prompted by your post I checked the price of a Quest cruise at the end of June I’m looking at and that has dropped in price too by just under 10% since I checked a week or ten days ago. It went up before going back down again.

Phil

Can only think it’s some computer generated algorithm that monitors the interest in a cruise and adjust the prices according, which is mad.

If prices rise because a cruise is popular and sells well I understand but not random price changes.

We had a look at a few cruises, being Australian we don’t get the air (nothing substituted for it either). Gratuities are included if you book in Australia however the drinks in olife is apparently only at meals. Also we like to have a good time onboard (why we like Celebrity and the sound of Azamara) whereas feedback about O is that it can be very quiet and reserved.

If you take the O Life booze perk, it can be upgraded to premium (all booze all day) for $20 USD/person/day.

As to "quiet and reserved," it depends on the particular cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can only think it’s some computer generated algorithm that monitors the interest in a cruise and adjust the prices according, which is mad.

I've been told by my son to stop looking at flight deals, as interest raises the prices, especially if using an iPad, as opposed to a lap top, as they assume monied people own iPads.:evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:

I've been told by my son to stop looking at flight deals, as interest raises the prices, especially if using an iPad, as opposed to a lap top, as they assume monied people own iPads.:evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:

I always browse for hotels, flights etc using private setting does that make any difference or can they still track you?

I always browse for hotels, flights etc using private setting does that make any difference or can they still track you?

It’s all to do with “cookies” so they know who is looking, if you regularly clean cookies off then it messes with their system. I would bow to greater knowledge but I think even in the private setting cookies can be left on your device.

teamflames - You can also spend your OBC on shore excursions. We've always DIY until this upcoming cruise where we are taking an AZ shore excursion. Mainly because our OBC could only be used for shore excursions.

We've never had a huge sum of OBC, but always seemed to somehow spend every last penny!!! For a treat, a pedicure at the spa is wonderful, especially after a lot of walking.

teamflames - You can also spend your OBC on shore excursions. We've always DIY until this upcoming cruise where we are taking an AZ shore excursion. Mainly because our OBC could only be used for shore excursions.

We've never had a huge sum of OBC, but always seemed to somehow spend every last penny!!! For a treat, a pedicure at the spa is wonderful, especially after a lot of walking.

Loosely connected to pricing, but the new photographers onboard are really good, not in your face and do great casual shots often catching you unawares which makes for great natural photos. And even better the pricing is around $5-6 a photo so we have bought whereas before we never bought any

Loosely connected to pricing, but the new photographers onboard are really good, not in your face and do great casual shots often catching you unawares which makes for great natural photos. And even better the pricing is around $5-6 a photo so we have bought whereas before we never bought any

Thanks for that tip. Didn't know about that.

I guess the answer is that travel agents can't keep up with it all. I have a fantastic travel agent who works for a company that frequently has group space and great refundable OBC offers. I figure it's MY job to monitor price changes.

As you said, prices sometimes go down and then back up the next day. I check prices on my booked cruises once a day. If I find a change that will benefit me, I let my TA know and get a price adjustment. I also post the information on my roll calls so that others can take advantage of the change. Roll calls can be a great source for price and promotion changes.

Our UK agent has a price drop alert system you can sign up to. It is computer generated so I am assuming there is some software that all the large agencies use to monitor prices so not as hard as it might appear.

I guess the answer is that travel agents can't keep up with it all. I have a fantastic travel agent who works for a company that frequently has group space and great refundable OBC offers. I figure it's MY job to monitor price changes.

As you said, prices sometimes go down and then back up the next day. I check prices on my booked cruises once a day. If I find a change that will benefit me, I let my TA know and get a price adjustment. I also post the information on my roll calls so that others can take advantage of the change. Roll calls can be a great source for price and promotion changes.

Unfortunately here in the UK we don’t have the benefit of price drops, the price we pay is the price we’re stuck with which makes it more challenging. Unless we are prepared to cancel lose our deposit of £250pp and rebook.

Does anyone know what the position is on price drops where you have an onboard booking made in 2016 that has LCV discounts on it. There has been quite a price drop so I am now "behind" for my category of cabin before the discount is applied. I had the early booking OBC of $400 plus OBC for booking onboard. Would I lose both and my onboard discount if I asked for todays pricing - I am UK based and final payment is due in 10 days. Doing the maths its now about £800 different before discount so its getting close to being worth asking for a reprice

Did you book on a Celebrity ship or through an Australian travel agent? Price guaranty is only available if booked in US$, either on board or with TA. Which is why we book on board and transfer to US agent. As my SIL is American, I can use her US home address. The Future Cruise people even use Google Earth to check the address is a legitimate house!

Booking with an Australian TA, you are subject to their contracts, which could be loss of a large deposit if you cancel to book with a different agency. Plus a cancellation charge from the wholesaler. Original TA can still ring and try for a price drop though. So few of our TAs give OBC unfortunately, as it isn't a kick back from the cruise lines.

Does anyone know what the position is on price drops where you have an onboard booking made in 2016 that has LCV discounts on it. There has been quite a price drop so I am now "behind" for my category of cabin before the discount is applied. I had the early booking OBC of $400 plus OBC for booking onboard. Would I lose both and my onboard discount if I asked for todays pricing - I am UK based and final payment is due in 10 days. Doing the maths its now about £800 different before discount so its getting close to being worth asking for a reprice

Things change on a regular basis but for the booking we made in January 2016 we were allowed to change to a different cruise and retain all of our OBC and discounts.

Things change on a regular basis but for the booking we made in January 2016 we were allowed to change to a different cruise and retain all of our OBC and discounts.

Thanks. I want to keep the booking but not it’s price if I can!

Yet another reason to consider Oceania- no photogs.

Actually the point of my post was to highlight how unobtrusive the photographers were - there are only posed photos if you go and ask them, the rest are done with distance lenses at events like White nights and the Azamazing evenings. I would never be considering an alternative cruise line on the basis of the current Azamara photographer approach. I met one guest the last night who did not even realise there were any onboard

Actually the point of my post was to highlight how unobtrusive the photographers were - there are only posed photos if you go and ask them, the rest are done with distance lenses at events like White nights and the Azamazing evenings. I would never be considering an alternative cruise line on the basis of the current Azamara photographer approach. I met one guest the last night who did not even realise there were any onboard

Thanks for the clarification. Now, if Azamara would only do something about the food.