Can you transfer a PCC booking to a TA?

bennybear

Just wondering about transferring bookings from a PCC to a TA. I think I have read about others doing this, but when I asked the PCC they did not seem at all interested in even taking the initial booking.

I like to organize things myself first before I transfer. Are the PCC s that much superior to the reservation agents?

If you book initially with a PCC you can transfer to a TA as long as it’s prior to final payment. The PCC gets credit for the booking. Any questions after the transfer is done with the TA. I don’t believe one can say that a PCC is anymore superior to a TA but if you’re interested in any Upsells you may have a better chance with the PCC. All perks with the HAL PCC transfer plus you may get OBC from the TA. Happy sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can depend on the TA, if you get upsell notifications. I transfer from my PCC, after getting everything set up the way I want, to a big box store TA. They don't seem to forward notifications, at least, they haven't the few times I've done it. In my case I'm usually happy with what we've booked.

The answer is yes. One time when our PCC called us (just to do a "reach out marketing call") I asked her exactly this question. She told me absolutely and even encouraged the practice if we could save money. My next question (to the PCC) was "if I can save money booking elsewhere, why should I even bother dealing with you?") She did not have a good answer.

Hank

The first time I received an upsell offer was the first time I had booked through the PCC. Not once did I have one forwarded from the TA. Among a list of other annoyances.

You need a better TA ;). Sorry, but TA's get upsell offers and a proactive one gets them before they come out. I've had them ;)

The answer is yes. One time when our PCC called us (just to do a "reach out marketing call") I asked her exactly this question. She told me absolutely and even encouraged the practice if we could save money. My next question (to the PCC) was "if I can save money booking elsewhere, why should I even bother dealing with you?") She did not have a good answer.

Hank

Because some PCC's are really good. If you hit one, you'll want to use them. And frankly, your question is not one I would have asked, but each to their own. They don't mind you transferring so why rub salt in the wound?

I booked with a very knowledgeable PCC. For once I was a bit high maintenance debating on collectors cruise or B2B, wanted flight ease and some help . PCC was fabulous.

Made the transfer with no issue and saved my dollars, but I do have to confess, it was nice to be able to make a few payments on line, keep an eye on my OBC, etc.

I'd do it again as long as my PCC doesn't mind.

We have a great PCC and he has no problem with us transferring our cruise to a TA, but we never do as we want him to get both the credit for the booking as well as the commission when we make the final payment. He has proven to be invaluable many times getting us perks, upsells and rebates an average TA would not have been able to achieve. However, if we ever decided to do it, we would transfer it shortly after we booked the cruise and make the TA earn their commission.

But when folks have their HAL PCC work the booking, possibly re-faring the cruise 2-3 times depending on how early they book it and how many promotions come along, and then transfer it to a TA right before final payment to get their perks for the transfer thus eliminating the PCC from getting the commission from the booking, that's just not right. But it's not their fault, we blame HAL for allowing this practice to continue unlike most other cruise lines where between 30 to 60 days is the maximum time you have to transfer the cruise to a TA after booking it.

As a side note, did you know a Celebrity PCC doesn't even get credit for booking the cruise if the person transfers the booking within 60 days? Just thought I'd throw that in since I was on a roll.

Edited by Ken the cruiser