Princess Bridge Cams

toeloop

When I need a little pick me up, I visit the bridge cams to see a view of the ocean or a port where I have been, or would like to go. I also like to track my ship the week before I sail. Its part of my cruise countdown. I think the next time the ship is there, I will be on it. Instead of getting a moment of relaxation and happiness, I get frustrated. The cams are either stuck on a wrong day or the picture is so bad, that you can't make much of anything out. It's been nighttime at the regal pool for at least 3 days now, the crown is still in Port Everglades from yesterday and it seems the Royal has now taken up residence in St. Thomas. I guess I will have to find other cams for my little escapes.

I agree, I've seen the webcams for their ships to sometimes be a week old!

If they're not going to keep them current, they should not use them at all.

It gives the impression they are not maintaining the ships equipment.

Bad form

I believe that Princess hires their IT team from the group of people who are fired from Walmart because they couldn't make it as greeters. I'm constantly amazed at the poor quality of IT.

I watch the sail away parade every Saturday and Sunday when possible. Sometimes I forget to turn on the audio and miss the Royal and Regal playing their horn and to listen to the water . Yesterday I remembered to turn the audio on, but there were children having an argument in the background as the Crown left the port, so I turned the audio off.

I watch the sail away parade every Saturday and Sunday when possible. Sometimes I forget to turn on the audio and miss the Royal and Regal playing their horn and to listen to the water . Yesterday I remembered to turn the audio on, but there were children having an argument in the background as the Crown left the port, so I turned the audio off.

Last sunday was busy, 7 ships, just 4 today - Regal, Eurodam, Allure OTS, and Costa Deliziosa.

We board Regal next sunday, I'll wave to you !!

I believe that Princess hires their IT team from the group of people who are fired from Walmart because they couldn't make it as greeters. I'm constantly amazed at the poor quality of IT.

LOLOLOL!!! Too funny. And, too accurate!! Wish they'd get their web cams in gear!

When I need a little pick me up, I visit the bridge cams to see a view of the ocean or a port where I have been, or would like to go. I also like to track my ship the week before I sail. Its part of my cruise countdown. I think the next time the ship is there, I will be on it. Instead of getting a moment of relaxation and happiness, I get frustrated. The cams are either stuck on a wrong day or the picture is so bad, that you can't make much of anything out. It's been nighttime at the regal pool for at least 3 days now, the crown is still in Port Everglades from yesterday and it seems the Royal has now taken up residence in St. Thomas. I guess I will have to find other cams for my little escapes.

You must have too much idle time on your hands. :D Take up an exercise program, or do needlepoint, while you wait to go on your next cruise. ;)

Good luck, and enjoy your next cruise. ;)

I am self employed. I work one on one with children and teenagers. I also work with several special needs children. I work 7 days a week. I go to PT 3 times a week as I am recovering from a major ankle surgery. I don't have much idle time to pick up a "hobby". But taking 5 minute breaks to relax and think about something else is very helpful to me during my day. Having idle time would be a dream come true.

Thank you. I will enjoy my long awaited cruise.

Yes I totally agree with all the above. Why can't Princess keep the live! webcams working.

Be nice to have a detailed proper response to this ongoing problem.

Is it controlled at a main center? or on the ships themselves?

Yes I know it depends on the Satellite's on any given day. They used to be a lot more reliable than they are now. Maybe it's a cost cutting factor?

This problem with the ships’ webcams started last September. I’m shocked that it hasn’t yet been fixed.

Is it the web cams or is it the signal transmission back to HQ?

These are the same web cams that show the view from the bridge on the in-cabin TV. So the question is are they working when you are on the ship and in your cabin?

Is it the web cams or is it the signal transmission back to HQ?

These are the same web cams that show the view from the bridge on the in-cabin TV. So the question is are they working when you are on the ship and in your cabin?

I can't remember the front of the ship tv channel being wrong like what we get by clicking in to the bridge cam site.