Rice Milk, Almond Milk, Lactose-Free Milk

Z-Bird

We will be sailing on the Reflection in just over 2 weeks and wondered if anyone knows if rice milk, almond milk, or lactose-free milk are available on board? I believe soy milk is available but can't drink that. Thanks!

We will be sailing on the Reflection in just over 2 weeks and wondered if anyone knows if rice milk, almond milk, or lactose-free milk are available on board? I believe soy milk is available but can't drink that. Thanks!

I have gotten Lactose Free milk at Cafe al Bacio....

Steve

Do we need to let Celebrity know before we cruise if we need a non dairy beverage? I know when we cruised on Disney we could let them know in advance so they had soy milk available.

their special needs department does allow you to request the products. i have never done so as i consider it a treat more than a requirement.

Steve

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I am lactose intolerant so always ask for almond milk. I have been able to get it at dinner or breakfast in Blu (I'm sure the MDR has it also) and at Café al Bacio (never asked for it in the buffet so can't comment). I have had different experiences regarding sweetened or unsweetened. Last year most of it was sweetened. Recently (have been on a couple of cruises/ships) it has been unsweetened thank goodness. I have seen soy milk, but never cashew or rice, but then again I never inquired about those.

Caution - if you cannot tolerate any milk and ask for any kind of non-dairy milk with your latte, make sure you watch them make it. On my last cruise they kept getting ready to pour the almond milk into the pitcher that had just contained regular milk, which coated the sides of it. Kind of defeats the purpose. I felt like a pain in the you-know-what, but I had to keep asking them to rinse the pitcher - at least for the first few days.

As advised, be very careful. I did notify the special needs department of my dietary restrictions, along with the waitstaff at every single meal.

I had a fantastic experience on the Silhouette and a dismal expereince on the Summit. The Summit staff needs some serious training in this area.

Our assigned dining was Liminae and I actually felt more comfortable eating at the buffet and the Cafe Spa!

• 3 months later...

I don't think, technically, that there is such a thing. There is sorbet, which has no dairy, but it isn't ice cream. I have occasionally seen sorbet on Celebrity as a between-course palate cleanser, but not as a regular dessert offering. I have never seen ice-cream substitutes made with almond milk or soy milk on Celebrity.

I don't think, technically, that there is such a thing. There is sorbet, which has no dairy, but it isn't ice cream. I have occasionally seen sorbet on Celebrity as a between-course palate cleanser, but not as a regular dessert offering. I have never seen ice-cream substitutes made with almond milk or soy milk on Celebrity.

They have coconut and other non-dairy milk ice cream on land. I have seen cashew and almond, I'm sure there are others. I haven't looked as right now I'm not eating anything with added sugar. But when I'm on the cruise it would be nice to enjoy a treat. I also can't have wheat so I think getting any treats will be hard onboard.

We eat dairy free due to an allergy and eat a variety of coconut and almond based not dairy frozen desserts on land. We haven't seen them offered on Celebrity but there was a good selection of dairy free sorbet.

Sent from while daydreaming I am in Luminae