Koningsdam and Veendam Port Everglades Sail-Aways March 7, 2018

Boytjie

I wonder how had it would be to get to those benches from the Embassy Suites.

I might be mistaken, but I believe I read on the boards that they are on private property - condo owners.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Copper, do you know if they're setting up a training center in Thailand?

Roy

I have not heard that Roy! The group I met on Oosterdam, incl. a very competent asst. dining room mngr. by the name of Sisi, never missed a beat and stepped right in

I might be mistaken, but I believe I read on the boards that they are on private property - condo owners.

Correct Your Honor! How's the tundra today?

Big ol' car carrier outbound with tugs

Correct Your Honor! How's the tundra today?

A little chilly; we had a major amount of snow - check my pic on FB. It'll give you an idea what we're dealing with. At least we don't have to deal with the cyclone snow and nor'Easters that the poor folk out East get slammed with.

Smooth Sailing !:) :) :)

A little chilly; we had a major amount of snow - check my pic on FB. It'll give you an idea what we're dealing with. At least we don't have to deal with the cyclone snow and nor'Easters that the poor folk out East get slammed with.

Smooth Sailing !:) :) :)

Hang in there! Spring time is coming! :D

FLL cam stuck on the beach and surf

Would be nice to have some Thai servers on Koningsdam in May.

Not sure if they made it to K-dam yet; they're coming though! Very friendly people, just like the Indonesians with very loooooong first and surnames! ;)

I would think Veendam will have two captains on the bridge; her own, Capt. Pieter Bant (brand new promotion and well-deserved!) and the traveling master, Capt. Albert Schoonderbeek

I had the opportunity to meet Captain Schoonderbeek on last fall's trans-Atlantic - what a lovely man! Strange thing was, he knew exactly where Saskatoon and Regina were!

I would think Veendam will have two captains on the bridge; her own, Capt. Pieter Bant :) (brand new promotion and well-deserved!) and the traveling master, Capt. Albert Schoonderbeek

But not for long with Capt Albert - one more [this one?] and then he is off to Eurodam.

I had the opportunity to meet Captain Schoonderbeek on last fall's trans-Atlantic - what a lovely man! Strange thing was, he knew exactly where Saskatoon and Regina were!

Plus a walking HAL history book! Do you have his book?

OK bonus quiz for the free cruise to Saskatoon: Who can name the nationalities of the current HAL captains? Hint, most are from the Netherlands

Thank goodness I don't know - no Cruise to Saskatoon for this CC member. :D