Allure of the Seas - Hooking up TV to IPAD.

Sailing in a couple weeks on Allure of the Seas. Very excited for first time in CLS. Has anyone hooked their ipad up via an HDMI cable/Apple TV, etc. I did see the wonderful video a fellow CC member posted but wondering if this is applicable to Allure since it's an older ship.

Thank you for any and all advice!

Sailing in a couple weeks on Allure of the Seas. Very excited for first time in CLS. Has anyone hooked their ipad up via an HDMI cable/Apple TV, etc. I did see the wonderful video a fellow CC member posted but wondering if this is applicable to Allure since it's an older ship.

If you cannot figure out how to select the alternate input, try channel 3. I've seen some of the TVs programmed to use the HDMI input when channel 3 is selected.

• 2 months later...

I found on the Allure the button on the cabin remote that looks like a TV with rabbit ears coming out the top would change the inputs. I have never taken a remote with me. I have either gotten the TV to change by using the buttons on the TV itself or the cabin remote. We have been in three OS with TV's in the living room and bedroom. We have been on the Oasis twice and Allure once. Only this most recent trip on Oasis was I not able to access the HDMI ports on the TV in the living room. But I could in the bedroom.

What kind of cable or adapter is everyone using for iPad's to the tv. I need to get a new one as I upgraded my iPad but need a new cable or adapter. My old one is the 30 pin style.

You need a Lightning to HDMI adapter for the iPad side, and and HDMI to HDMI cable to go from the adapter in the iPad to the TV.

You need a Lightning to HDMI adapter for the iPad side, and and HDMI to HDMI cable to go from the adapter in the iPad to the TV.

Seems that everyone that I pull up on Amazon says it won't work for Netflix, Hulu and Amazon. Can't understand why that would be though.

Seems that everyone that I pull up on Amazon says it won't work for Netflix, Hulu and Amazon. Can't understand why that would be though.

I know that some streaming services see the ship's internet IP address as being out of their service area.

It's not the adapter that blocks access. I have used mine and watched Netflix with no issue in hotels and on ships. The only time I had an issue has been in Mexico at a condo. Doing research that's not the adapter it's Netflix or whomever you are streaming from that blocks out of country access. There's a couple of work arounds but I haven't tried them yet.

But, get the Apple product. I had a cheap knock off that wouldn't work. I bought the Apple product and it works great. Plus you want the adapter that has a charger input plug so when you are watching something your device won't go dead mid-stream. I think I paid about $80 for mine.

On Harmony the HDMI ports were physically inaccessible on the downstairs TV in our CLS because the TV is slight recessed into the wall. I don't remember if was the same on our Allure.

Picking up a universal remote I think is a good idea. You can download shows with both netflix and amazon. I have used the adapters with no issue but cannot recall if I was watching netflix or not I have Dish and with there Anywhere app I can download most shows and steam anything from my DVR it worked really well on the Allure during our TA a few years ago.