deposits for cruises

JMorris271

Are initial deposits ever refundable if the cruise is canceled 6 weeks after booking? I was thinking it's not but others say it is. I

cant get through to MSC for some reason to ask them because of an excess cookie issue on my PC.

/

/

As long as you are not booked with a non refundable deposit , and not yet at Final Payment , deposit should be refunded on every cruise line I know of.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This seems to only be true for US cruisers also. Not other nationalities.

The question asks about cancelling 6 weeks after booking, not 6 weeks before sailing. For all we know the cruise could have been booked 2 years in advance. The threshold for cancellation is the time frame before sailing. So - not nearly enough information to give a credible answer.

The question asks about cancelling 6 weeks after booking, not 6 weeks before sailing. For all we know the cruise could have been booked 2 years in advance. The threshold for cancellation is the time frame before sailing. So - not nearly enough information to give a credible answer.

MCC's answer was an accurate credible answer for a US booking - the OP can read it and determine whether or not they can cancel and get their deposit back based on whether or not they are past the final payment date and whether they have a refundable or non-refundable deposit.

Read carefully before booking - this is a significant amount of money. All of the fine print! Some promotions have non-refundable deposits.

All cruise lines have a cancellation schedule where the closer it is to sailing date the higher the cancellation penalty.

You sound like you are a first timer and it can be very easy to make an expensive newbie mistake. Ask questions before booking.

Our MSC cruise to Northern Europe was booked in Nov. 2017 with the deposit paid then.

Full payment is due April 24 for the July cruise.

I thought I had read on the web page that the deposit was non refundable in any time frame.. Apparently this is not the case and I will be getting a refund. I am ok with that. MY bad.

The reason this occurred is we changed our mind on doing a B2B RT from Coph to St Petersburg and then a Coph to Norway with on the same ship with MSC

After canceling MSC, we booked a 14 day RT from Ams to Norway with Holl American.

The bummer of this all is that we are stuck with air travel from the US to COPH and had to book additional flights RT to AMS and back to COPH all because my DW wants more time in AMS.

Newbies, we are not. Spontaneous, absolutely. And that does not come cheap.

Edited by JMorris271
Provide more info