Moving a non-refundable deposit

ggroup

Good idea. You can always change it to non-refundable before final payment date if the price is right at that time

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

I was hoping to do this, but they got rid of the non-refundable/refundable option as of final payment day (yesterday). The price for my cabin went up by $200/person instead of down.

My final payment date isn’t for 2 more weeks (because I was grandfathered into the 75 day rule), so now I’m just hoping for a last minute drop. But if not, oh well, I like my price, I just thought I might benefit from a last minute drop and switch.

Last week the non-refundable rate would have only saved me $50 after losing some on board credit, so I could have saved something, it just wasn’t enough for me to switch to non-refundable that soon.

So my lesson to the OP is to switch later, but not too much later. I could have saved $265 3 weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure if I misunderstood but once you book a non refundable deposit, you can't change it to a refundable deposit, correct? I had a cruise booked under the non refundable deposit and when I moved it to another date, I asked to change it to refundable. I was told I could not do that.

Not sure if I misunderstood but once you book a non refundable deposit, you can't change it to a refundable deposit, correct? I had a cruise booked under the non refundable deposit and when I moved it to another date, I asked to change it to refundable. I was told I could not do that.

That's correct - you can't change non refundable to refundable

Don't be surprised if RCI starts charging everyone a $100pp change fee, refundable or not.

Changing back to a refundable should be possible if you get a FCC for a different ship or date.

Similar to the old Next Cruise Certificate - you could transfer to another sailing but if cancelled you lost the NCC.