Question about key for staterooms on deckplans?

Oooops, that should read key-symbols, not like the actual cabin key to get in the door!!!

On the deckplans, most verandah cabins have a hollow circle symbol, which should designate the small pull-out for a third passenger, right?

What if there is NO symbol at all shown on the verandah stateroom.

NON-pullout?

Oooops, that should read key-symbols, not like the actual cabin key to get in the door!!!

On the deckplans, most verandah cabins have a hollow circle symbol, which should designate the small pull-out for a third passenger, right?

What if there is NO symbol at all shown on the verandah stateroom.

NON-pullout?

Symbols are only on the rooms to which they apply.

Of course, I know that....

I am wondering if it is a NON pull-out little sofa in the verandah staterooms that do not have any symbol.

What does it mean if there is no symbol. Assuming all verandah cabins (Koningsdam / Nieuw Statendam) do have the little sofa.

I am wondering if that would be preferable for any reason, if there are only two of us?

I am wondering if it is a NON pull-out little sofa in the verandah staterooms that do not have any symbol.

What does it mean if there is no symbol. Assuming all verandah cabins (Koningsdam / Nieuw Statendam) do have the little sofa.

I am wondering if that would be preferable for any reason, if there are only two of us?

Most of the sofas are large loveseat size - if I remember correctly.

Having the little sofa doesn't absolutely equal a pull out bed. Not all cabins are approved for more than 2 pax.

Curious is good. I'm like that myself!

The HAL site says balconies on the Pinncale class have a "sitting area". In my experience with HAL, this means a love seat or sofa.

Triples and quads have a pullout, the others do not. I have found that pullouts are firmer to sit on and less likely to sag than regular sofas/love seats.

So, this might be a NON-pull out little sofa....

Probably doesn't matter... but just wondering if it makes a difference. Sometimes the pull-outs don't 'sit' well???

No biggie. but, I am just curious!

I think on the newest 7 ships only the Insides lack a sofa or love seat.

I think on the newest 7 ships only the Insides lack a sofa or love seat.

My inside on the newly refurbished Nieuw Amsterdam had a very nice new sofa. L-shaped that fit in the corner. I don't know about any of the other inside cabins.

My inside on the newly refurbished Nieuw Amsterdam had a very nice new sofa. L-shaped that fit in the corner. I don't know about any of the other inside cabins.

Those insides are very different from other insides, outsides and balconies. Most cabins are long and narrow with no room for the L-shaped sofa.

And, I am aware that It could even be an actual pull-out. Like somebody said, even if the cabin is a max-2.

The different cabin capacities are there to meet policy and total ship capacity. So, an unnecessary pull-out would not be surprising.

I am just curious if there are differences.

And, I am aware that It could even be an actual pull-out. Like somebody said, even if the cabin is a max-2.

The different cabin capacities are there to meet policy and total ship capacity. So, an unnecessary pull-out would not be surprising.

I am just curious if there are differences.

Good to be asking about these notation differences. I just recently learned when there is a symbol for connecting cabins, even if you don't want connecting cabins, there can be one less closet where the connecting door is added - closet space is always something I dearly do want. So I now pay attention to those little symbols too.

• 5 months later...
The "new and improved" HAL site omits the symbol key in the on-line diagrams! Click on the button that says "PDF All Decks" and you can see them. Here it is for the Nieuw Statendam: https://www.hollandamerica.com/content/dam/hal/inventory-assets/ships/pdf-files/ns.pdf

Thanks. Kind of important information.