Booking

camper49

I have been watching the rates for Epic....January 2019. Due to illness we had to cancel our January 2018 Epic cruise. So the 2019 rate was $160 more with no OBC .Noticed last week that they added $140 OBC. Waited a few more days ...decided to go for it! And wouldn't you know the rate is up another $140 and the OBC is gone!

Should of booked in the first place! Thinking maybe the rates may drop?

I have been watching the rates for Epic....January 2019. Due to illness we had to cancel our January 2018 Epic cruise. So the 2019 rate was $160 more with no OBC .Noticed last week that they added $140 OBC. Waited a few more days ...decided to go for it! And wouldn't you know the rate is up another $140 and the OBC is gone!

Should of booked in the first place!

Thinking maybe the rates may drop?

They might or they might go up again. No telling. Just keep your eye out for a better deal. Personally I just book at a rate I'm happy with and don't look back. That would drive me nuts if I kept checking and would take away from the cruise enjoyment.

They might or they might go up again. No telling. Just keep your eye out for a better deal. Personally I just book at a rate I'm happy with and don't look back. That would drive me nuts if I kept checking and would take away from the cruise enjoyment.

I totally agree! I should of just booked and not look back. Going to book anyhow and now will look back !

But that doesn’t mean they can’t book now and if better rate/promo appears before final payment they can just cancel and rebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm referring to booking after final payment.

I'm referring to booking after final payment.

Early booking and late booking are two completely different trains of thought. Yes, sometimes there are better deals to be had if you wait until after final payment, and sometimes there’s not. For me, knowing the trip is booked and the room is assigned and being able to book flights, hotels, excursions, etc is worth potentially missing a price drop after final payment. For others it’s not. It sounds as though OP has already picked out the cruise they want. Sitting back for 6 months waiting to see if there’s a price drop after final payment would drive me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But OP is talking about January 2019. Nothing to do with after final payment.

You don't want to seem to let this go so I will explain further. Ninety-nine percent of the time I will wait to book until after final payment so I will get the best deal there is. The rest of you who want to book earlier and feel you need to, go right ahead.

You don't want to seem to let this go so I will explain further. Ninety-nine percent of the time I will wait to book until after final payment so I will get the best deal there is. The rest of you who want to book earlier and feel you need to, go right ahead.

What is there to let go? I was merely pointing out that the OP was talking about not cruising until January 2019 and was asking whether they should buy now or wait and see if the prices go down. Of which many people indicated that it doesn’t matter if they buy now because if the price does go down they can just cancel/rebook if before final payment.

It is fine if you like to wait until after final payment to make a booking but that’s not the norm nor does it always mean a cheaper cruise. Many times it is more expensive especially on peak times/high demand itineraries or new ships. Mostly, booking last minute is reserved for people who are flexible enough with their schedule and also flexible with the itinerary. For most of us we need to schedule vacation far in advance, plan for airfare and hotels (of which can very well be more expensive the closer one gets to travel), as well as we get a better pick of the cabins etc.

In the end it’s all about making sure the OP understands all of their options. And I think they now do.