Allure Balcony vs. JS- Upgrade or No?

Next time I think everyone needs to know the exact date of the sailng and ship and the category you booked and what you paid. Then we all can advise you better when someone offers you a upgrade to a different category cabin to decide if it was worth it or not.

To many unknowns when you first asked the question. Every week is different when it comes to prices.

Jimbo:)

Great point! Thanks for the advice!!! This newbie needs all the help she can get. 😊

We're fans of the JS so if it had been a $500 upsell, I would have jumped on it. Those ocean view balcony rooms are very small and the bathroom is tiny. In the future, if you decide to book a JS, look for one on the hump. The balcony is much larger since there are 2 loungers and a table with 2 chairs. It's the perfect place for breakfast or lunch especially if you choose deck 8 since the Park Cafe is easily accessible. Enjoy your cruise on Allure. She's our favorite ship.

Next time I think everyone needs to know the exact date of the sailng and ship and the category you booked and what you paid. Then we all can advise you better when someone offers you a upgrade to a different category cabin to decide if it was worth it or not.

To many unknowns when you first asked the question. Every week is different when it comes to prices.

True...it's hard to give advice without details.

But you do the most legwork in terms of cabin choices: you're a cabin savant.

I would...

The JS is usually about 2x size with kitchenette. Only if you feel you need the xtra space. I would find out actual room number offered and compare it to your balcony location.

500 is not bad upgrade. Keep in mind if you do, will pay twice in gratuities.

If by kitchenette you mean "coffee maker" than you're correct. Otherwise you're not even close.

You won't pay twice in gratuities. Suite gratuities are 17.50 per person, per day.

I would...

The JS is usually about 2x size with kitchenette. Only if you feel you need the xtra space. I would find out actual room number offered and compare it to your balcony location.

500 is not bad upgrade. Keep in mind if you do, will pay twice in gratuities.

Who are you and what have you been smoking?!?!?!? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

It wouldn't be worth it for us to do that in that I never take a bath. I take showers daily and have found, in the past, it's not easy for me to get into the tub to take a shower. We have had JS several times, but didn't pay $500 more for the cabin.

I think the extra space is nice, but I don't feel it's worth $500 more.

If by kitchenette you mean "coffee maker" than you're correct. Otherwise you're not even close.

You won't pay twice in gratuities. Suite gratuities are 17.50 per person, per day.

Junior suite tips are same as balcony and lower cabins.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would do a $500 (per cabin, not per person) upgrade from a regular balcony to a JS in a heartbeat. It's about 1.5x the size. I hate shuffling sideways past the bed. Love the larger closet and balcony.

mac_tlc