Oasis of the seas is it as beautiful as the videos and pictures

Oasis of the seas look beautiful on the videos I've seen.. some say you can get lost on it... But I think that should be some of the fun.. I'm cruising her in February 2019 for my wife and I 10th anniversary.. just hoping I made a good choice..any advice out there? We are doing the western cruise

Oasis of the seas look beautiful on the videos I've seen.. some say you can get lost on it... But I think that should be some of the fun.. I'm cruising her in February 2019 for my wife and I 10th anniversary.. just hoping I made a good choice..any advice out there? We are doing the western cruise

Make all possible pre-cruise entertainment reservations.

She is going in for a major dry dock refurbishment in 2109. A exact date has not been announced but it will be before she changes her home port to Miami. Keep an eye out for the dry dock date as you may not want to sail within a few weeks of dry dock. You may want to look into Allure or go with Symphony which is a new build first sailing out of Florida in Dec. 2018. After saying all this.. go with Symphony.. Happy cruising

She is going in for a major dry dock refurbishment in 2109. A exact date has not been announced but it will be before she changes her home port to Miami. Keep an eye out for the dry dock date as you may not want to sail within a few weeks of dry dock. You may want to look into Allure or go with Symphony which is a new build first sailing out of Florida in Dec. 2018. After saying all this.. go with Symphony.. Happy cruising

I am pretty sure I meant to say 2019 for dry dock.

Is that right.. want to have a good time.. first time going on a mega ship

Unfortunately yes. Our experience was that there was lots of wear and tear, service in the MDR was bad, and getting a high chair for our LO was often a Herculean effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have done that itinerary twice now, once on Allure, once on Oasis. Labadee is most relax being a private "island". It's nice not having to be concerned about appearing too touristy. I personally found it most enjoyable because of the reason that you can let your guard down a bit more. (Relative to Cozumel or Jamaica, ofc never entirely let your guard down in any port). Playa Mia in Cozumel was a great excursion, mostly because I enjoyed the open bar. Went out and explored towards Montego Bay in Jamaica when I first went in 2011 as a big group, but when we returned on the Allure in 2014 we stayed within the port gates because we didn't feel super safe. The ship itself is in fact gorgeous, yes I sailed Oasis in 2011 when it was the crown jewel and evidently there are signs of age now. It will spoil you. I personally I can't go back to a ship that doesn't have such an abundance of open air areas and ofc, Central park. Enjoy your vacation

DH and I cruised on Oasis last year and will again next February 24th for the Eastern itinerary!! We loved the Oasis!!:hearteyes: On this class, we try to book the last AFT boardwalk rooms and enjoy sitting on our balcony and watching the aqua shows from there!!:cool: Central Park and the Boardwalk are absolutely wonderful! This time, we have the farthest AFT balcony on Deck 8, which is in close proximity to the Central Park cafe, where they make tasty specialty coffees and have freshly baked pastries and sweets; fabulous options for lunch as well!!;p I really think your DW will be in heaven on earth!!:halo: Are you cruising the week before us?

Edited by SilkySal
spelling

Yes..cruising Feb 3- 10 western.. on deck 9 interior.. we thought about allure but it's a further drive to the port

We prefer porting out of PC too and, if you want real convenience, park right there at the terminal next to the ship!;) It's a bit more than the off-site parking but really convenient! We were in our car and gone in minutes! Of course, if you're flying, you have other options.

Sadly, Oasis will be leaving PC and begin porting from FLL soon after this cruise. She will be replaced by the Harmony later on, and we are booked on Harmony in October, 2019. So, if you like leaving from PC and enjoy the Oasis, you may want to give Harmony a look-see!!:cool:

Edited by SilkySal
delete

Wow! Hate to hear that... I want my wife to enjoy herself..if it's worn badly she will notice it

I was just on the Oasis last month (for the 5th time) and I did not notice any major wear and tear. Yes some very minor things here and there but certainly not one thing that impacted our cruise.

In fact we are booked to sail her again April 29th and again on Aug. 26 and we cannot wait!!!

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

Thanks Scott... I must say I've read a lot of reviews about the Oasis.. most have been positive some not so good... The most complaint have been about the food at the buffet (food included in the price) I've read that the speciality food is good if you are willing to pay extra for it.. but the buffet at times was subpar.. im sure it's how each view things...what was your experience Scott?..I think you pay enough for the cruise itself ...you should only pay for specialty restaurant if that what you just want to do.. but not because the buffet food is bad

You’ll enjoy if you keep your expectations low.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can't understand why people make such posts. We were on Oasis last month and she was certainly not worn down. We had a great cruise and our expectations were anything but low. We had wonderful service from our cabin steward, MDR staff and various bar staff. Aqua theater show was great as was the headliner show. We also enjoyed our final stop in the Jazz club each night. Our balcony room was spotless and automatically tidied itself each time we left the room. I would suggest you stop worrying and start looking forward to a great cruise. You and your wife will have a wonderful time.

Hi (y):tropical-drink:

We have just returned last week of Feb from the Oasis of seas. First of all it was our first time on a ship this big. Close to 6400 cruiser's on board. Yes , yes , we totally enjoyed our cruise on the Oasis, Also for that many on board we waited in line very few times. Oasis is beautiful huge ship lots to do. Sometimes to much that you just can't do it all. This is a big hint book all your shows and excursion , dinning before you go. You will probably get lost a few times exploring is fun and surprising what you will find at times. . just do what you can. Our TA told us it is a two cruise ship. "ABSOUTELY right ." Eastern Caribbean is great Labadee our choice to go back. Port Canaveral is our favourite . Radisson inn with shuttle to port was excellent 10:30 on ship 11:10. We will be back next year for the other half of our cruise. Happy cruising:D.

kruise kat ,kruise runner