2019/2020 Cruises

Geoffa30

I know we have 1 this August and i am like is it time yet...I would feel satisfied if we could get those fab sheets showing the west coast cruises coming april 19th....no one yet had them?...would certainly scratch my cruise itch..lol

Hi Sue...whereabouts in san diego

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

OMG that cabin wad awesome!!!! Man the lottery gods or publishers clearance house need 2 help me out..

We had splurged on a mini suite, which is our budget, and then about three weeks before the cruise, were offered an upgrade to a full for $1800. I jumped at it.

Been filming in 4K for about two years now..post production of vacations is kind of a hobby/love affair.

Glad you liked it!

Oh...oh thats right she is a smaller ship. I was thinking low # front of the ship. Dh and i just drooled on my phone watching the cabin tour..

Hopefully you guys watched on a large tv! Be sure to read the item description in the pull-down.

If you email me, I’ll send you a link to a blog I keep[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have just recently started cruising in earnest as DH retired last summer and we're no longer relegated to all of the holiday or shorter cruises to save vacation time. I've been wondering when people feel it is the best time to book to get the best rate. I know last minute deals can pop up but, otherwise, is it when the cruises are first offered? When they are first offered, is it typical that deposits are refundable? Still learning the ropes about "serial cruising" and appreciate any insight. Need to stock up on more FCD's asap!!

Someone else has made some good comments on this so I will just add our experience.

A lot of the pricing is based on how well the class of room is selling. Resently we received a 4K discount each on a long cruise for a mini as these were not filling. Likewise, we booked a cruise in 2015 for 2017 first day it came available. That price never came down. During subsequent sales, price was 3 to 8 hundred more per person.

For us we prefer a certain location on the ship and the only way to get this is to book early. If you do book late, keep checking for rooms becoming available. Especialy getting close to final payment date.

Hi Rabbit, How do you find the huge discounts on the long cruises? Was it on a cruise you already had booked? Or do you have to just keep looking at cruises? I'm retired now so length of time is not an issue.

Lynn

We were booked and someone on our cruise thread indicated we should check as they saved quite a bit. Our 15.7K room for 60 nights dropped to 11.7K even though we had bought under 3 for free, the latest ssle also included free grats. We lost a free dinner and $75 in OBC. THE SAVING IN CHEAPER INSURANCE MORE THAN MADE UP FOR IT.

Someone else has made some good comments on this so I will just add our experience.

A lot of the pricing is based on how well the class of room is selling. Resently we received a 4K discount each on a long cruise for a mini as these were not filling. Likewise, we booked a cruise in 2015 for 2017 first day it came available. That price never came down. During subsequent sales, price was 3 to 8 hundred more per person.

For us we prefer a certain location on the ship and the only way to get this is to book early. If you do book late, keep checking for rooms becoming available. Especialy getting close to final payment date.

Thx. We also have a preferred location and now have a lot more flexibility for longer trips so I'd like to book when is makes the most sense which sounds like close to the release date. Only holding one FCD each right now and can't stock up again until June 2nd!

Hi Rabbit, How do you find the huge discounts on the long cruises? Was it on a cruise you already had booked? Or do you have to just keep looking at cruises? I'm retired now so length of time is not an issue.

Lynn

I should add that you should keep checking the princess site. Another CC member I know checks nearly every day on the EZee air price and posts when he has found a better rate. He has saved enough to go in days earlier.

Always check the first day of a start of a annual sale (3 for free, sip and sail) just in case they had not yet increased the room rate.

The 3 for Free is my favorite promo. I'm on the Princess site nearly everyday to compare cruise and flight changes. My flight fron San Diego to LA doesn't change much. Right now my Hawaii cruise is more than $200 more than I paid for with the current promo. I got the $300 OBC and I come out better than the free gratuities current promo. But when 3/Free comes out, I'll ckeck that out and compare all the final figures.

Lynn

Thx. We also have a preferred location and now have a lot more flexibility for longer trips so I'd like to book when is makes the most sense which sounds like close to the release date. Only holding one FCD each right now and can't stock up again until June 2nd!

We recently had to cancel a cruise for an injury. As such, FCDs ran out even though we kept 4 on the books. As you, we can not restock until June. Will now increase it to 6.

The 3 for Free is my favorite promo. I'm on the Princess site nearly everyday to compare cruise and flight changes. My flight fron San Diego to LA doesn't change much. Right now my Hawaii cruise is more than $200 more than I paid for with the current promo. I got the $300 OBC and I come out better than the free gratuities current promo. But when 3/Free comes out, I'll ckeck that out and compare all the final figures.

Lynn

We only need 1 flight for all the cruises we have booked and it will not be available for another 4 months, but still check for changes in rates.

Lynn

A flight to LAX?? With respect.. [emoji4], the check in to SAN, the wait, that 21-min segment, the baggage claim and the drive on I405 to lovely romantic San Pedro is worth it? [emoji848]

UBER would be appx $155, and far far quicker with personalized door-to-door! Time has a value!

A flight to LAX?? With respect.. [emoji4], the check in to SAN, the wait, that 21-min segment, the baggage claim and the drive on I405 to lovely romantic San Pedro is worth it? [emoji848]

UBER would be appx $155, and far far quicker with personalized door-to-door! Time has a value!

Yes, it is a crazy amount to pay for a 20 minute flight! But I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with a long Uber ride with a stranger! Still lots of time and options to consider. :)

Lynn