SHOCKED at the price difference !

I usually always sail in a JS category and have normally had no problems changing cabin location's within that JS category.

What a shock when I called to change my true aft cabin on the Vision (since I had read so many negatives about the vibration affecting those true afts) to a bit more forward going from a J3 to a J4 still an aft and was quoted at more than $1,000.00 to go from cabin #8590 to #8576.

Perhaps some can understand this....but really....the difference between those two cabin's on Vision :eek::eek::eek:

Can be due to price rise over time due to supply and demand. Also can be due to different maximum occupancy.

I just booked this on Feb 19th for a May 2019 cruise....There are only two of us and cabin #8590 had a sofa bed and #8576 doesn't. Just can't get over the shock.

I just booked this on Feb 19th for a May 2019 cruise....There are only two of us and cabin #8590 had a sofa bed and #8576 doesn't. Just can't get over the shock.

Then it's probably the supply and demand thing. The prices were likely much closer when the cruise was first released. What is the sailing date?

Then it's probably the supply and demand thing. The prices were likely much closer when the cruise was first released. What is the sailing date?

My sail date is May 18, 2019 Vision out of Barcelona..12 night Med and Greek Isles.

I would usually tend to avoid Vision (because of the JS locations) but this looks like a great itinerary for our 43rd wedding anniversary trip.

The vibration issues on Vision in the aft JS are really only while they are pulling up and pulling away from the pier. (side thrusters) It is like Magic Fingers if you are still in bed. :D And we used to pay 50 cents for that bed massage.

We also thought it was sort of fun to watch the champagne glasses vibrate across the coffee table. We caught them before they fell and put them back in the bucket. :p

We were in 8088. Other than ports, the rest of the 10 day cruise it did not vibrate at all, and we really enjoyed the balcony. :D

My sail date is May 18, 2019 Vision out of Barcelona..12 night Med and Greek Isles.

I would usually tend to avoid Vision (because of the JS locations) but this looks like a great itinerary for our 43rd wedding anniversary trip.

That does seem extreme being over a year out. But what a great way to spend your anniversary. Enjoy!

The vibration issues on Vision in the aft JS are really only while they are pulling up and pulling away from the pier. (thrusters) It is like Magic Fingers if you are still in bed. :D And we used to pay 50 cents for that bed massage.

We also thought it was sort of fun to watch the champagne glasses vibrate across the coffee table. We caught them before they fell and put them back in the bucket. :p

The rest of the 10 day cruise it did not vibrate at all, and we really enjoyed the balcony. :D

OMG yes. We had an aft JS on Splendour years ago. Pulling into our first port I thought the ship was falling apart it was vibrating so bad!

Can be due to price rise over time due to supply and demand. Also can be due to different maximum occupancy.

Very true. I am also thinking these may be price increases that come before a "super sale"? Tax time is approaching so will the "We pay your taxes" sales. ;)

We've sailed 5 times in the aft of a Vision ship- the only time the vibration is really bad is when the ship is really flying. We were sailing from Rome to Sicily and were a few hours behind. After that, it was ok.

Too bad you can get 8088 or 8588- those are the best cabins ever. HUGE balcony. Worth getting room service dinner out there when leaving some of the ports in the Med.

Price is a funny thing, though...

The vibration issues on Vision in the aft JS are really only while they are pulling up and pulling away from the pier. (side thrusters) It is like Magic Fingers if you are still in bed. :D And we used to pay 50 cents for that bed massage.

We were in 8088. Other than ports, the rest of the 10 day cruise it did not vibrate at all, and we really enjoyed the balcony. :D

Alrighty...I'm going to trust you Coralc on this ;) .... I moved us back to #8590.

We've sailed 5 times in the aft of a Vision ship- the only time the vibration is really bad is when the ship is really flying. We were sailing from Rome to Sicily and were a few hours behind. After that, it was ok.

Too bad you can get 8088 or 8588- those are the best cabins ever. HUGE balcony. Worth getting room service dinner out there when leaving some of the ports in the Med.

Price is a funny thing, though...

I have also enjoyed those corner true afts but on the Radiance class...I've only sailed mid-ship on Vision.

I still have plenty of time before I sail and of course will continue to check.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

I think others will confirm Ash. And many congratulations on your upcoming anniversary! It sounds like a great cruise! :D I wouldn't pay $1,000 just to move away from the true aft.

~Patti :)

We like Vision. We will be in 8544 in February. Afts were already gone.

Edited by Coralc

Alrighty...I'm going to trust you Coralc on this ;) .... I moved us back to #8590.

Good choice! The huge balcony is worth any vibration you might feel. I've done aft JS's on Vision and Rhapsody and will ALWAYS grab one if available! The massive balcony is worth it!

Good choice! The huge balcony is worth any vibration you might feel. I've done aft JS's on Vision and Rhapsody and will ALWAYS grab one if available! The massive balcony is worth it!

Thank you so much .. I think we'll do just fine...I do love those afts and think with this itinerary we'll be glad we stayed put.