Assigned Dining times

Tjcalley

;pWe booked our cruise last month for an April sailing on the Magic. The only time open for the dining room was late dining (8:15) and we are waitlisted for the anytime dining. Normally we wouldn’t care but we have a 2 year old and 8:15 is a little late for us to eat.

Can we go to the ATD and wait for a table or is that strictly only for people that get ATD?

Anyone been in this situation before? I tired doing a search on here but a lot of the threads are random ;p

You might try emailing the Maitre 'D on the Magic (today if possible) and explain just what you said above, especially about your small child. If at all possible, they will do their best to accommodate you. Here is the email:

mcmaitred@carnival.com

The "mc" is the designation for Magic; the rest is the same for all Carnival ships, just the first 2 letters change for the specific ship. For future cruises!

I wish you a fabulous cruise!

Very good. Just remember to give them a couple of days to respond. I've only needed to contact them beforehand a couple of times, but they have gotten back to me, usually within a day or so.

Thank you! That’s good to know. I will update with their response :)

Just so you know, the Maitre'Ds are not required or expected to reply to guest emails. You might not know until you get on the ship.

But, as already answered, if you have 8:15 dinner, that is your assigned time. You can try to change onboard if that doesn't work for you, but showing up at ATD won't get you seated.

As others suggested, go straight to your assigned dining room when you board your ship. As a Diabetic, I also can't handle the late dining time and need to have it changed next week on the Valor. With a 2 year old, you may also want to consider eating on the Lido deck if your little one is fidgetty. You will be sitting in the MDR for a good 90+ minutes, which sometimes can be way beyond the patience of a toddler. Having cruised so many times, we don't always feel obligated to eat in the MDR.

You might try emailing the Maitre 'D on the Magic (today if possible) and explain just what you said above, especially about your small child. If at all possible, they will do their best to accommodate you. Here is the email:

mcmaitred@carnival.com

The "mc" is the designation for Magic; the rest is the same for all Carnival ships, just the first 2 letters change for the specific ship. For future cruises!

I wish you a fabulous cruise!

I would see the Maitre'd in person. As someone said they are not required to respond. It is also a lot harder to say no to someone's face then an email. Don't forget to bring your 2 year old with you for the sympathy affect.

As others suggested, go straight to your assigned dining room when you board your ship. As a Diabetic, I also can't handle the late dining time and need to have it changed next week on the Valor. With a 2 year old, you may also want to consider eating on the Lido deck if your little one is fidgetty. You will be sitting in the MDR for a good 90+ minutes, which sometimes can be way beyond the patience of a toddler. Having cruised so many times, we don't always feel obligated to eat in the MDR.

We cruised last year and my son did surprisingly well for the 2 hour dinner. We will play it be ear! Thank you so much

• 2 weeks later...

I received a confirmation email from Carnival that my request was accepted and changed to YTD! They responded in about 12 days and i never emailed asking for updates. I logged into my cruise manager and it changed in there as well

You don't have to spend 90+ minutes in the MDR if you don't want to. A lot of families like to eat and move on rather than sit around. Especially with a 2 year old. I know we like to eat and get out and our youngest is 6. 60 minutes in the MDR max.

I received a confirmation email from Carnival that my request was accepted and changed to YTD! They responded in about 12 days and i never emailed asking for updates. I logged into my cruise manager and it changed in there as well

I'm so glad they could take care of it now, instead of you having to worry about it until you got on the ship. They really do try to accommodate if at all possible. So, check this off your list. And have a great time!

Oh, and it is a good thing to periodically check your booking info in your CCL cruise manager for your booking. I do it just for my peace of mind, just to make sure I didn't dream that I booked a cruise! ;p:D

Oh, and it is a good thing to periodically check your booking info in your CCL cruise manager for your booking. I do it just for my peace of mind, just to make sure I didn't dream that I booked a cruise! ;p:D

I am so tickled to see someone else does this.

And to the OP, glad you got your preferred dining. Happy sailing.

I'm so glad they could take care of it now, instead of you having to worry about it until you got on the ship. They really do try to accommodate if at all possible. So, check this off your list. And have a great time!

Thanks! I hate to admit it but I check my booking almost daily 😳

I will be sailing on the Horizon on October 6, 2018 with 8 other people. When I made the reservations for everyone with my TA, my father-in-law and his wife were waitlisted and the rest of us were confirmed for early dining. I contacted my TA when I saw the reservation and she said that Carnival would make sure that my father-in-law and wife were seated with the rest of us and that the reservation would be changed before we sailed. I know we have 6 more months to go but this disturbs me because I made the reservations shortly after they opened for the Horizon.

Has anyone had that problem?

Elaine