Embarkation time

cornflake girl

Does anyone know when your embarkation time appears on your eticket? We sail on Oceana in just over 2 weeks and it doesn’t say. We booked cruise only so not sure if that’s why...

I do not think it will appear on your e-ticket because it is a fly-cruise. I think most people will have a flight time with a check in for flight advised as x hours before flight. As flights arrive they will transfer to ship as soon as transfer vehicles are provided. Independent flyers will make their own way to ship from airport and embark during the available time whenever they get there.

Regards John

I do not think it will appear on your e-ticket because it is a fly-cruise. I think most people will have a flight time with a check in for flight advised as x hours before flight. As flights arrive they will transfer to ship as soon as transfer vehicles are provided. Independent flyers will make their own way to ship from airport and embark during the available time whenever they get there.

Regards John

Thank you for your super quick response John. I don’t suppose you know what time embarkation starts?

Thank you for your super quick response John. I don’t suppose you know what time embarkation starts?

I suspect, but do not actually know, it will be much the same as at Southampton, as it is a changeover day - noon onwards. I do not think there will be an early rush like at Southampton as people have no way of getting there extra early, they just arrive when the charter flights land. Someone may post accurate information in a bit.

Regards John

We did this independently in October on the repositioning cruise. I'm sure we had a time on our e-ticket but I know I phoned P&O about a different query and asked then and it was either 12 or 1pm that we could get there, have a feeling it was 12.

We took a taxi from our hotel and he dropped us at the cruise port and gave us directions so we hauled our cases to where he said following signs To The Ships to be told very firmly that was just for guests already on board and check in was somewhere else. Very hot and bothered by the time we hauled every thing back again. Of course it was clearly marked with big P&O flags but we were just looking in the wrong direction. So if you are coming down the hill from Valetta with the water on your left then the check in is on the right in the cliff. You go in, do all the check in then go through a tunnel under the road and are then on the harbour/port side. Do not follow the signs to the ship but if your taxi stops in the layby outside the cruise port then look behind you on the other side of the road and you will see it.

Hope that helps - of course you may get a taxi driver who is actually aware where the check in is!

We did this independently in October on the repositioning cruise. I'm sure we had a time on our e-ticket but I know I phoned P&O about a different query and asked then and it was either 12 or 1pm that we could get there, have a feeling it was 12.

We took a taxi from our hotel and he dropped us at the cruise port and gave us directions so we hauled our cases to where he said following signs To The Ships to be told very firmly that was just for guests already on board and check in was somewhere else. Very hot and bothered by the time we hauled every thing back again. Of course it was clearly marked with big P&O flags but we were just looking in the wrong direction. So if you are coming down the hill from Valetta with the water on your left then the check in is on the right in the cliff. You go in, do all the check in then go through a tunnel under the road and are then on the harbour/port side. Do not follow the signs to the ship but if your taxi stops in the layby outside the cruise port then look behind you on the other side of the road and you will see it.

Hope that helps - of course you may get a taxi driver who is actually aware where the check in is!

Thank you for such an informative response. I’ve taken a screenshot of his to take it with me to ensure that we go to the right place.

I have done two fly cruises with P&O. One in Med and the other from Barbados. In both cases flights organised by P&O were part of the package. Process was so easy and stress free that I would never consider doing this independently.

When we did a fly cruise on Oceana which left from Genoa the coach driver took us from the airport to the ship (P&O flight) and managed also to take us to the wrong entry to the ship. He too took us to where the passengers already on board could return to the ship, through security etc. So we all had to get back on the bus and go out of the terminal, round a one way system and then return to a different check in area. Admittedly this wasn't Malta but don't assume the coach/taxi driver knows where they are going!

I have done two fly cruises with P&O. One in Med and the other from Barbados. In both cases flights organised by P&O were part of the package. Process was so easy and stress free that I would never consider doing this independently.

We love to travel independently, that’s the fun but for us. P&O only gave us the option to stay one night either side of the cruise in Malta and we wanted to stay longer.

When we did a fly cruise on Oceana which left from Genoa the coach driver took us from the airport to the ship (P&O flight) and managed also to take us to the wrong entry to the ship. He too took us to where the passengers already on board could return to the ship, through security etc. So we all had to get back on the bus and go out of the terminal, round a one way system and then return to a different check in area. Admittedly this wasn't Malta but don't assume the coach/taxi driver knows where they are going!

Sounds awful!