Stockholder Credit

cheeseclan

Very interesting thread!

To receive the Stockholder Credit, would both DH and I each need to own shares?

The OBC is issued per stateroom occupied by at least one passenger who owns at

least 100 Carnival shares. I believe it's issued per segment if you're doing B2B.

For the last mumble years, CCL has renewed the benefit, one year at a time, at their

annual stockholders meeting. It is the same across all 9 (10?) Carnival brands: you

get the same on Princess as you do on Carnival or Seabourn.

The other thing to know is that it isn't always US$100. It's issued in the currency of

the regional CLL subsidiary that is currently controlling the ship ( US$, AU$, £, € ),

and varies by the length of the cruise.

It ranges from AU$50 (US$38) to US$250. The Aussies are thriftier than Scots. ;)

BTW, if you didn't know, Princess (but not HAL) offers the same OBC amounts to

US/CDN/UK veterans, (up to 2/stateroom) over and above the shareholder OBC.

The OBC is issued per stateroom occupied by at least one passenger who owns at

least 100 Carnival shares. I believe it's issued per segment if you're doing B2B.

For the last mumble years, CCL has renewed the benefit, one year at a time, at their

annual stockholders meeting. It is the same across all 9 (10?) Carnival brands: you

get the same on Princess as you do on Carnival or Seabourn.

The other thing to know is that it isn't always US$100. It's issued in the currency of

the regional CLL subsidiary that is currently controlling the ship ( US$, AU$, £, € ),

and varies by the length of the cruise.

It ranges from AU$50 (US$38) to US$250. The Aussies are thriftier than Scots. ;)

BTW, if you didn't know, Princess (but not HAL) offers the same OBC amounts to

US/CDN/UK veterans, (up to 2/stateroom) over and above the shareholder OBC.

Ok, thank you. This is very helpful information.

We are not shareholders, but that may be something we can look at.

We are not veterans, but we do have the utmost respect and gratitude for our Canadian veterans.

Yes it's weird. When I cruise on HAL or P&O I email my shareholder details through but Princess still demand snail mail or fax (which I don't have access to). Wonder why this is when they are part of the same parent company?

The OBC is issued per stateroom occupied by at least one passenger who owns atleast 100 Carnival shares. I believe it's issued per segment if you're doing B2B.

It depends how you booked the cruise. If booked as a single booking with a single booking number, you get it one time, based on the total number of days in the two segments. If booked as two bookings with two different booking numbers, you will get it for each segment with the amounts being based on the days in each segment.

A 14 day cruise as a single booking gets you $250 stockholder OBC.

Two seven day cruises booked separately get you $100 for each segment, a total of $200.

• Like 1

My iphone has an app called Tiny Scanner. It is free for 2 pages. You may email or fax documents with this app. Take a picture of the document you wish to send, check it for size and brightness, and then move on to choose in what form you want to send the document, and then to who.

It depends how you booked the cruise. If booked as a single booking with a single booking number, you get it one time, based on the total number of days in the two segments. If booked as two bookings with two different booking numbers, you will get it for each segment with the amounts being based on the days in each segment.

A 14 day cruise as a single booking gets you $250 stockholder OBC.

Two seven day cruises booked separately get you $100 for each segment, a total of $200.

Thanks for clearing up B2B's.

BTW, those OBC amounts are accurate only for North American-based cruises.

The UK-based amounts are £150 (≈ US$210) and £120 (≈ US$168).

Etc.

I found that bit out when my "$100 OBC" out of Sydney was AU$100 ≈ US$75.

My iphone has an app called Tiny Scanner. It is free for 2 pages. You may email or fax documents with this app. Take a picture of the document you wish to send, check it for size and brightness, and then move on to choose in what form you want to send the document, and then to who.

Thanks for this, I'll give it a try.

Apparently someone got bit by an email attachment with a virus, and at least

Princess and HAL no longer open any attachments. Can't really blame them.

The fax/snail mail requirements originate with CCL, not Princess/HAL. It seems there are regulations (and liabilities) regarding transmission of finanacial data in an unsecured manner (non-encrypted emails).

I can see potential lawsuits if someone's data was used for identity theft when they emailed their shareholder data to the cruise line.

So, to me, CCL is doing a cya by requiring fax or snail mail data submittal. OTOH, it is clear that not all of the CCL family is adhering to the fax/snail mail policy. Very strange.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update for UK shareholders and Princess cruisers.

Princess UK will only post shareholder benefits within 90 days of the cruise departing. She has nicely said that (seen as how it is a B2B) she has it highlighted to be able to post benefits at the 90 day mark.

Guess my question (and I will ask it on the hoop la site) is why does Princess have different rules for different countries? Surely it is easier for everyone if they are the same the world wide.

Princess UK will only post shareholder benefits within 90 days of the cruise departing. She has nicely said that (seen as how it is a B2B) she has it highlighted to be able to post benefits at the 90 day mark.

Guess my question (and I will ask it on the hoop la site) is why does Princess have different rules for different countries? Surely it is easier for everyone if they are the same the world wide.

I bet you mean they'll post the OBC 90 days before sailing, rather than they'll mail

you a check within 3 months after you sail. ;p

AFAIK, the actual rule is that the documentation has to be *dated* less than 90

days from the date of sailing so ex-stockholders can't cheat. It seems each

management node gets in the habit of making more and more "reasonable

exceptions" --like was made for you-- until Miami makes them tighten up again.

Why are there regional operations? Things like Brussels and its Package Holiday

Directive.

Based on the Princess shareholder credit request form, the procedure is the same in the US & the UK and the 90 day before sailing requirement for a proof of ownership was eliminated. :confused:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=412579&d=1512944674

I wonder if the person who received your request is wrong or if it’s a miscommunication between Princess HQ & staff in the UK.

Based on previous discussions, sometimes rules & regulations in different countries results in different procedures.

I bet you mean they'll post the OBC 90 days before sailing, rather than they'll mail

you a check within 3 months after you sail. ;p

AFAIK, the actual rule is that the documentation has to be *dated* less than 90

days from the date of sailing so ex-stockholders can't cheat. It seems each

management node gets in the habit of making more and more "reasonable

exceptions" --like was made for you-- until Miami makes them tighten up again.

Why are there regional operations? Things like Brussels and its Package Holiday

Directive.

Based on that request form, the 90 day requirement was removed last year & is the actual rule which many of us can attest to as being true.

I have SOBC issued for future cruises as late as November 2019 which was recently issued. Princess said the change was made because it’s now required to pre-pay by OBC or chargecard for tours.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Based on that request form, the 90 day requirement was removed last year & is the actual rule that many of us can attest to that fact.

I have SOBC issued for future cruises as late as November 2019 which was recently issued. Princess said the change was made because it’s now required to pre-pay by OBC or chargecard for tours.

New data on the "90 days", thank you.

I had had to resubmit SOBC docs for my Oct cruise on the Ruby last autumn.

As for using OBC to book excursions pre-boarding? That's not true over on the

HAL side, but that might be just their ...wondrous new website.

New data on the "90 days", thank you.

I had had to resubmit SOBC docs for my Oct cruise on the Ruby last autumn.

As for using OBC to book excursions pre-boarding? That's not true over on the

HAL side, but that might be just their ...wondrous new website.

Hopefully people don’t try to scam the system by getting SOBC issued & then selling their CCL shares. Nor do people have it issued early who are not committed to a cruise. If such things become a problem, then the procedure could revert to a 90 day requirement. Then we won’t have our SOBC available for tour payments as early to have the best selection & as a hedge against increased tour prices.

Apparently the Carnival Corporation cruise lines set their own policies for the CCL shareholder credit...thanks for the HAL information.

There has been a change since last October. You can now use OBC to pre-pay for shore excursions. Should you cancel an excursion, the money goes back where it came from.

What is annoying is that Princess posts the shareholder OBC only to the first passenger in the cabin even though our shares are in a JOINT account. So we didn't want to reserve one of our shorex because I would have had to prepay for hubby's shorex and then would have excess OBC leftover because we also have complimentary gratuities under the 3 for Free promo. So I will wait to book our least favorite shorex onboard where the OBCs are combined for both of us in the cabin.

What is annoying is that Princess posts the shareholder OBC only to the first passenger in the cabin even though our shares are in a JOINT account. So we didn't want to reserve one of our shorex because I would have had to prepay for hubby's shorex and then would have excess OBC leftover because we also have complimentary gratuities under the 3 for Free promo. So I will wait to book our least favorite shorex onboard where the OBCs are combined for both of us in the cabin.

I’ve experienced the same issue due to my name being first on our reservation for jointly owned CCL shares:

1. Faxed their request form with my wife’s name listed to Booking Support.
  2. Called them (800-872-6779 x-30317) when not issued to her & they immediately transferred shareholder credit to my wife.

I’ve faxed that form in her name on numerous cruises & recently this was the first time SOBC was correctly issued to my wife. Either they’ve changed the system or the agent knew how to issue SOBC to her.

It’s not required to use their request form but our recent request was correctly issued to my wife.

I’ve experienced the same issue due to my name being first on our reservation for jointly owned CCL shares:

1. Faxed their request form with my wife’s name listed to Booking Support.
  2. Called them (800-872-6779 x-30317) when not issued to her & they immediately transferred shareholder credit to my wife.

I’ve faxed that form in her name on numerous cruises & recently this was the first time SOBC was correctly issued to my wife. Either they’ve changed the system or the agent knew how to issue SOBC to her.

It’s not required to use their request form but our recent request was correctly issued to my wife.

Our problem is that I wanted the OBC split 50-50 so we could each book and pay for a shorex with OBC. Spoke to two different CSRs who said that could not be done.

On a different cruise, I just booked hubby's shorex with my name. I will either just have him use my ticket (they have never checked in our 28 cruises) or will exchange it onboard.

Our problem is that I wanted the OBC split 50-50 so we could each book and pay for a shorex with OBC. Spoke to two different CSRs who said that could not be done.

On a different cruise, I just booked hubby's shorex with my name. I will either just have him use my ticket (they have never checked in our 28 cruises) or will exchange it onboard.

Thanks for the clarification & sorry about misunderstanding your situation. I receive the same amount of military credit so having shareholder in my wife’s name results in a 50-50 split for us.

Thanks for the clarification & sorry about misunderstanding your situation. I receive the same amount of military credit so having shareholder in my wife’s name results in a 50-50 split for us.

That makes sense. Thank you for serving our country.

Splitting the OBC cannot be done, but the CSR should be able to work with you over the phone to pay for the excursions using a combination of both of your already posted OBCs.

Hopefully people don’t try to scam the system by getting SOBC issued & then selling their CCL shares. Nor do people have it issued early who are not committed to a cruise.

I suspect (which means I do not have any proof) the number of people who buy the stock to get OBC for a single cruise and then sell the stock immediately is very low. Even with the 90 day rule that had been in place, a quick buy, get OBC and then sell was possible.

For those who cancel a cruise, when the cruiser is cancelled any OBC associated with it is also cancelled. All Princess is out is the cost of the couple of minutes spent allocating the OBC in the first place.

Just had the quickest posting of our SHB. Faxed it in on Sunday and received confirmation and posting on our statement on Monday!!!

Grego,

Was the confirmation an email, phone call, or that you checked the "payments and Credits" section on your booking info?

I'm asking because I mailed our info in and am wondering how to expect notification.

thanks for any info

-Jerie