Guaranteed OV on Ruby Not Assigned and sail tomorrow

rwstout

Has anyone done a guaranteed room and not been assigned until they got to port? I am platinum and never have had this happen to me before just wondering what others experience have been? Am I in for an upgrade?

Has anyone done a guaranteed room and not been assigned until they got to port? I am platinum and never have had this happen to me before just wondering what others experience have been? Am I in for an upgrade?

if you dont have your cabin number when you leave home print off your luggage tags and before handing the bags over to the porters check with them as they have the manifest and they'll put the cabin number on the tags and you'll get your luggage delivered to your room

Soothe your nerves with this conventional wisdom...

The closer to boarding a guarantee gets without an assigned stateroom,

the more likely the upgrade fairy will visit. :D Good luck!

This sounds stupid, but remember it involves the princess IT department...

On one sailing, we were not assigned a guarantee until the afternoon before.

Or, more correctly, I was never assigned a room, however Mrs. Pablo received an

assignment the afternoon before sailing.

Seems crazy that we would have to check both... (diffferent last names)

Soothe your nerves with this conventional wisdom...

The closer to boarding a guarantee gets without an assigned stateroom,

the more likely the upgrade fairy will visit. :D Good luck!

Well, our 10 days holiday sailing on Royal last December worked the EXACT OPPOSITE. We booked the cruise as inside guarantee, payment was due in full the next day as usual. We had not even made payment yet, Princess assigned us cabin to a balcony. I had no clue because I normally did not check cabin assignment until a few days before sailing. My cruise agent called and asked me, "Did you read the email?" I said, "what email?" as we just came home when she called. It was the Princess upgrade email she forwarded.

Fast forward to 3 months later, now on our 25 days to Europe and continue, on Crown Princess, sails Apr 3rd - we finally got our cabin assigned - and it was from an ID to an IA... meh. I actually prefer at ID Aft, much easier to get up to Lido and come down to MDR then at the Midship!

I don’t know how you guys book a guaranteed cabin. It would make me crazy not knowing until the last day.

Sometimes a GTY is all that is available. One GTY we had was not assigned until 24 hours before embarkation while we were in flight on the way to the embarkation city. (By the way, we were assigned the exact same cabin category we had the GTY for.)

I don’t know how you guys book a guaranteed cabin. It would make me crazy not knowing until the last day.

Good luck!!! I hope you get a good upgrade.

Tony

I'll tell you exactly why Tony. We JUST booked a southbound Alaska last week purchasing an OV GTY. Through a TA I won't mention, we just beat our lowest ever 7 day cruise in any style room by $150pp. It was truly shocking. On top of that they gave us a generous credit and picked up the gratuities. Now we'll probably get an obstructed view but we plan to be up top most of the time anyway. And we're onboard seeing the same sights and eating the same food and enjoying the same excursions as folks who paid multiples of what we just paid.

The key is being able to strike when the iron gets hot. We went from learning about the possibility to arranging vacation at work, to booking everything including airfare, etc. in 24 hours. Crazy.

Our all time record? Decided we had a window to sail Thursday night. Booked everything from scratch Friday. Flew to San Juan Saturday. Sailed Sunday. Upon arriving in our cabin, the steward had the names of the folks that had just cancelled creating the opening for us. Later in the week, I saw his service sheet with the name crossed out and our name written in ink. :cool: