Hair dryers

Gravedigger

From Carnival's website:

Hair Dryers

A 1250-watt hair dryer is provided in all staterooms and suites (either in the bathroom or on the desk/vanity) on the following ships: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Dream, Carnival Elation, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Legend, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Magic, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Pride, Carnival Spirit, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Sunshine, Carnival Triumph, Carnival Valor, Carnival Victory and Carnival Vista.

A 1250-watt hair dryer is provided only in the Grand Suites and Extended Balcony Suites on the following ships: Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Imagination and Carnival Inspiration.

A hair dryer is not provided on the Carnival Sensation.

Note: Personal grooming devices such as hair dryers, flat irons, curling irons and shavers are allowed on board when used with proper caution. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

I remember there being a normal-looking hairdryer in my grand suite(U104) on the Sensation in February 2016. I say normal-looking because the "hairdryer" on the Triumph looked like an ancient vacuum cleaner mounted on the wall.

I would bring your own hair dryer, if it's that important to you. I've TRIED drying my hair with the en suite hair dryer but they're all but worthless if you've got thick hair or long hair or (like in my case) thick, long hair. If you've got baby fine hair you're probably fine. But if I tried to dry my hair (which currently is almost shoulder length), it would take FOREEEEEEEEEEVER.

Yes, but as the previous poster said, very thick or very long hair will take a while to dry. Mine is long, but fine, so the provided hair dryer works ok. My daughter brought her own when we sailed, as she has long, thick hair.

Hi, String!! Been in the DFW area since the early 60s!

RWolver, I manage to get a ponytail elastic around it to hold it down. It has to be a pretty springy one, though, to be large enough to get around the barrel, yet still tight enough on the handle to hold down the button.

Not sure about others, but aboard the Conquest a couple years ago, the hair dryer was wired inside the desk somewhere and kept in the desk drawer. Meaning you had to use it right there. It worked well enough for my wife, but I've always heard it's the luck of the draw.

Don't worry John Heald is on the case of crappy hair dryers...lol

I swear this guy gets 95% of his info off this site, he might as well just show his face and answer questions on here.

No, please, he can stay where he's at. So in the last couple weeks, I know of at least three topics he's gotten from here, including this now. A lot of people here follow him there, so every time he takes topics from here just to boost his own content, I wish someone from here would call him out. He has his little minions scanning CC everyday.

I would bring your own hair dryer, if it's that important to you. I've TRIED drying my hair with the en suite hair dryer but they're all but worthless if you've got thick hair or long hair or (like in my case) thick, long hair. If you've got baby fine hair you're probably fine. But if I tried to dry my hair (which currently is almost shoulder length), it would take FOREEEEEEEEEEVER.

Concur with those that say it suck for long, thick hair! I bring my own too. I have mid back, super thick hair and I would spend the entire afternoon just trying to dry it with one of theirs. I have a nice travel size, high power one I travel with. Wasn't expensive and doesn't take up much room and works as good as my big one at home.