Can you change out complimentary bottles of "champagne"?

Econom405

If you're in a suite, talk to your butler and see what he can do. We just got back from our first-ever cruise today, during which our butler brought us another bottle of the sparkling wine when he noticed we had opened ours, said that not everyone wants them. The steward tracked my husband down on the second day and gave him a bottle of merlot. We found the sparkling wine drinkable but just fine for mimosas while the merlot tasted like nail polish remover. LOL

Mimosas, it will be....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The sample size is too small to draw that conclusion. A large percentage of the sparking wine is consumed on every cruise.

agree completely/ I am sure most of us find a use for the bubbly. And as for some other type of gift, I think everyone needs to remember it is just a gift, not meant to win people over and it free for heaven's sake.

It is also based on personal experience on several recent NCL cruises, in discussion with several of my shipmates...

As far as being consumed....well you're probably correct there....some people are happy to receive anything complimentary....

that is exactly my point: most are happy with a gift, it doesn't make a difference what the gift it. There are a lot of uses for the bubbly, take it to the M&G as I mentioned we know several who do that. Have the cabin steward open it for you and have mimosas in your cabin some morning while watching the world go by. Give it to someone else. Saying you are judging by talking to your shipmates, is like doing a poll. It depends on how the subject is presented, the answers one will get.

We just take all our wine home and give it to friends. There appears to be enough alcohol on the ships already.

do you put it in your luggage and fly home or do you drive? I ask,because we were going to do this but both our daughters, both X airline employs mentioned the possibility due to the carbination (spelling) they could explode That quickly changed by mind. We have purchased other liquor and brought it home in our luggage.

It should be in your cabin. If you don't receive it by second day I would ask your cabin steward.

Lately we've seen someone from the Lats Dept go around delivering them so that may be a better option.

do you put it in your luggage and fly home or do you drive? I ask,because we were going to do this but both our daughters, both X airline employs mentioned the possibility due to the carbination (spelling) they could explode That quickly changed by mind. We have purchased other liquor and brought it home in our luggage.

Flew 3 times, no explosions yet

Edited by mugtech
spelling

They are baggage handlers ?

I've flown with at least 40 bottles, no breakage, but I don't care either. everything can be washed. :)