Hair Braids

Both of my cabin mates want to get their hair braided while in one of our ports (Roatan, Belize, Cozumel). Has anyone done this, and if so, which port do you think would be best?

I think it takes a while. So make sure to budget your time. Maybe someone else can tell you more on that.

Two of my GDs had their hair braided in Cozumel earlier this month while we were at Paradise Beach. The braiders were next door and charged one $60 (whole head, waist length hair) and the other $50 (shorter hair). It does take some time, probably close to an hour. I don't think it matters much which port you choose, as long as you negotiate price and have adequate time.

Both of my cabin mates want to get their hair braided while in one of our ports (Roatan, Belize, Cozumel). Has anyone done this, and if so, which port do you think would be best?

My Grand Daughter had braids done - looked very nice and she showed them off when she got home. Then upon removing discovered her fine hair broke along the hair line and it took months to grow out so there wasn't a frizzy hairline.

If I really wanted braids, I think I’d visit an ethnic hair salon before leaving home. To be perfectly honest, I’ve never seen a non-ethnic woman who looked decent in braids with the possible exception of Bo Derek.

I just had some braids done in the Bahamas and they look great. I didn’t burn in the exposed areas. I didn’t get my whole head done but even just the one side looked wonderful. And it is more ethnic then going to a salon before leaving

Sent from my iPhone using Forums