Semi-live Pre-opening cruise Symphony of the Seas

"Next, our cabin! As stated time before, we were booked into a Central Park Balcony as one of the exclusive double-wide balconies next to the living wall. "

Anyone know which of the Central Balconies have the double wide balcony?

"Next, our cabin! As stated time before, we were booked into a Central Park Balcony as one of the exclusive double-wide balconies next to the living wall. "

Anyone know which of the Central Balconies have the double wide balcony?

Cabins with xx229 or xx629 are the ones with double wide balconies. These will be from decks 10-14.

Macon

Great review! We've booked B2B on Symphony next Feb./ Mar. Some of our family needs Gluten Free foods and was wondering if the Windjammer has a dedicated GF section. I know the MDR has GF choices marked on the menu but was hoping for a GF section in WJ. We were on Adventure in Feb. and there wasn't one on there but you could request items.

I'll take rack my my memory hard for $800

Great review! We've booked B2B on Symphony next Feb./ Mar. Some of our family needs Gluten Free foods and was wondering if the Windjammer has a dedicated GF section. I know the MDR has GF choices marked on the menu but was hoping for a GF section in WJ. We were on Adventure in Feb. and there wasn't one on there but you could request items.
What is, I think there was one?

Honestly I can't remember if there was a designated area for gluten free options as its not a section I am used to searching for. That said. I really feel like there was either a gluten free section at the Solarium Bistro, or they had options that were. Park cafe I'm sure had a few options labeled GF as well. I hope that helps, but do apologize for not having a more solid answer.

While I'm here I wanted to share with you the next viral YouTube sensation of bare bones video editing of our walk-throughs of Central Park both during the day and at night. Definitely not professional quality, but it's good enough for government work.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply and thanks for posting the video but I expected to see more people wandering around.
The day time portion of the video was taken shortly after we boarded. Central Park was very high on my places I want to see after boarding. I would presume that we were there just before 11 as Park Cafe hadn't opened yet. As for the night portion, it was later in the night, I believe shortly after the big balloon drop party, so many guests were still down below. Plus it was decently windy, so lots of people didn't want to be out and about. Truth be told though, Central Park rarely felt busy, and I don't know if that's because our cruise was only 2/3 full.

Hi Macon and Shane,

Really enjoying the thread, and the memories.

Thanks so much for organising the cabin crawl, and for being such good company on board.

Let's do it again sometime!

Donal and Eimear.

Donal and Eimear!!

So happy to hear from you guys! We have an absolute blast being with everyone on the ship as well, especially with the cabin crawl. It's also great you guys were able to find our thread. :) We hope to meet up again with you guys in the future on another cruise. If you so happen to want or be in the area, we will be doing the Jewel out of Rome next June! Would be great to see some familiar faces on the ship.

Even if not, may just have to plan a cruise together to be sure we see each other all again!! Hope your travels back home were safe and sound! Enjoy your next cruise on the Rhapsody! Wish we could catch that one too.

For everyone else following along, I would like to present yet another beautifully crafted and edited short of the Bionic Bar. Watch the excitement as Sock Em whips up a Sex on the Beach for Macon. As a an unanticipated bonus also catch a glimpse of Rock Em making Shane a Clone Me. Be sure to check out that technique on the shake part....

Macon and Shane, can you move your Jewel date to 6/30 please...then I can buy you a beer and say thanks for all your amazing information...!?

LB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LB,

If the 6/30 sailing was a Greek Isles cruise we would switch it in a heartbeat!! However, it isn't and the Greek Isles are our goal for this cruise. :( Makes me very sad we won't be on the same cruise, but hopefully we will have the chance to meet up in the future!

Macon

P.S. That beer sounds fabulous! Save it for when we do get a chance to meet up!

I just heard about "Wow Bands". Without sounding stupid, I thought they were musical bands. Dos the Symphony use these Wow bands? If so, did you like them better than sea pass cards? I liked being able to put my sea pass card in my wallet. Thanks!

I just heard about "Wow Bands". Without sounding stupid, I thought they were musical bands. Dos the Symphony use these Wow bands? If so, did you like them better than sea pass cards? I liked being able to put my sea pass card in my wallet. Thanks!

When a ship has WOW bands, it still can use SeaPass cards. It's not an either/or thing. In fact, even if you have a WOW band, you still must use the SeaPass card to get on and off the ship.

Symphony certainly had WOW bands and we had planned on getting them, but were so distracted by everything else we forgot. I did talk with another guest who was in suite and received them said while they prefered the seapass card out of habit, it was super useful for their kid. Another benefit was that if they left their seapass in the slot by the door, least they could get back into their room. I still want to try it out and will have to do so next time I get on a ship with it.

Hope that helps a little

Editing to confirm what Host Clarea said above as he beat me to it. You can still carry around the seapass card which I would say makes paying the bar tabs easier and is a requirement for getting off and on the ship.

Shane

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...