Semi-live Pre-opening cruise Symphony of the Seas

I have never heard of one either so I googled it.

I’ll be skipping a try with this drink. No offense. I don’t like bloody Mary’s either.

A Caesar is a cocktail created and primarily consumed in Canada. It typically contains vodka, a caesar mix (a blend of tomato juice and clam broth), hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce, and is served with ice in a large, celery salt-rimmed glass, typically garnished with a stalk of celery and wedge of lime. What distinguishes it from a Bloody Mary is the inclusion of clam broth. The cocktail may also be contrasted with the Michelada, which has similar flavouring ingredients but uses beer instead of vodka.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A caesar is one of my favourite drinks! I like them spicy. I initially was really happy to find on the oasis and allure they stocked clamato, but sadly it ended up being inconsistent (one day they don't have it, then they do, then the run out, then a few days later they've got a few more cans). IMO they need to order more in.

Tried a bloody mary once and it was completely disappointing. Gotta have that clam juice.

And for our final act, we had dinner at Wonderland. This meal was on the house for us being the lucky first two paying guests onboard. So I have always wanted to try Wonderland since its debut, but Macon was a bit hesitant since she can be a picky eater. But we went with it as its something entirely different.

ebdd6ad829243fecab3d2f428bee78e8.jpgLets take a trip down this rabbit hole

5e2540d26f9eefa5d42a05b3585f9317.jpgI was going to do a B-52s Love Shack, but I can't sing the captions for you

3aaa9039dcfe0741a2e40be624ea2274.jpgView from the bar. What a wonderful view

b159057bafdc3de56c17be0cc411ea43.jpgMenu

875f638ede5eb827cac396f94ec9bc80.jpgJust kidding, you have to "paint" your menu. So I just Bob Rossed me some happy little menu options

326d986d2cb4c18bccb036f598828b99.jpgTa-Da! I'm not a great artist so the image will be faint. I really gotta work on making my art more bold.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

And for our final act, we had dinner at Wonderland. This meal was on the house for us being the lucky first two paying guests onboard. So I have always wanted to try Wonderland since its debut, but Macon was a bit hesitant since she can be a picky eater. But we went with it as its something entirely different.

ebdd6ad829243fecab3d2f428bee78e8.jpgLets take a trip down this rabbit hole

5e2540d26f9eefa5d42a05b3585f9317.jpgI was going to do a B-52s Love Shack, but I can't sing the captions for you

3aaa9039dcfe0741a2e40be624ea2274.jpgView from the bar. What a wonderful view

b159057bafdc3de56c17be0cc411ea43.jpgMenu

875f638ede5eb827cac396f94ec9bc80.jpgJust kidding, you have to "paint" your menu. So I just Bob Rossed me some happy little menu options

326d986d2cb4c18bccb036f598828b99.jpgTa-Da! I'm not a great artist so the image will be faint. I really gotta work on making my art more bold.

You deserved your good fortune at Wonderland and thanks for the great photos and excellent review.

As we dive deeper into Wonderland...

Your server comes by and asks a serious of questions about your food preferences and will bring out your meal as they best guess. Or you can pick and choose as you desire, but where's the fun in that?

ccb6c7c8f696aa086b7196d132c02aad.jpgWhat the fork is going on here

fd584379cd94e12fcf31b17e068fbc76.jpg I'll be spoon fed some soap if I don't watch my punnage

6c3a861a872ce864998cb8f587859d35.jpgAnd one flew into the cuckoo's nest. Everything else went up in the smoke. This was smoke covered egg filled with something over a bed of fried noodles

feb3cb6b9e398fcc594b67890b36fd0f.jpgThis little shrimpy is late for tea. We have a shrimp wrapped in the same fried noodles as the birds nest and a semi spicy cream(?) in the cup

3e435062bcc71508538ef58529b24b1a.jpgSo I wanted to get crazy. So I asked for something fun. So they brought me a Cheshire Drink. As it just disappears with a smile

d0fcf0ab2587cdd5dc9b9c3288bd3120.jpgAppetizers round three and four. In the foreground was a mini waffle come with wasabi in the bottom, shrimp and topped with avocado. Told to eat bottom up. Behind it was a shot of tomato water.

Sounds interesting. It’s the tomato juice that turns me away. I just can’t do it. [emoji19]

Sounds right up your alley Vividharp

More appetizers! This is madness!

55591dc831095513558e0824bfc8072f.jpgYou put the lime over the tuna and cover it in ice....Okay. I've lost it. Got completely bonkers. Song parodies just don't work in text. Allora as they say in Italy. They presented us with a hollowed out lime, filled with tuna, covered in ice and flying fish roe. The only dish we didn't care for.

8e9f6db135d72c41a1b1ebe5f8a746bf.jpgSomethings fishy with these appetizers. We had tuna with a different tuna rolled over Greek yogurt and covered in blacked scallions.

1e1784c362ff7533fd2732e7ac04503e.jpgSome ambience

Finally. Main courses. Although this point in time, we need a visit to TicToc to turn back to a time when we were less full

58cb2b3aa808f200639f0da7971c6d64.jpgTime to pig out on this pork belly with fried pork rinds

b5498412e37d0a8d4d3a05791c2c25e6.jpgNo need to ask Wendy, as I found the beef

32f9419016301e2cd2d4a2cdfe4e01e3.jpgBut the best catch was this Branzino fillet with a toasted garlic bread with rice. Best thing up to this point

All three main dishes came with their own gravy. They are a must have, as they make the meals go from fabulous to mouthgasm.

5b5c58666fd407633fcce0e212e09612.jpgBefore we get to desert, I'd like to present to you the bar menu. It'll be $13

aa4f0581db2ce1f22e0a4e49792db460.jpgPlus a 18% service charge. And if you don't have a prepaid package, the Spaniards would also like a little "Value Added" donation.

7dab457ba9c2bb1a1697eb1dd84e2699.jpgAh Lewis Carroll's greatest work!

6cd8ad09e1e473bf0a6e413041374549.jpgAlice's Adventures On The Kid's Menu!

500da120c7abac91f2eee384a61ff1e0.jpgNow to the sweet stuff. The amazing chocolate covered peanut butter ice-cream thing covered in melted caramel goodness. And got it all to myself as Macon dislikes peanut butter. Sucks to suck nerd

7be9cfb8b656ad723e32a18df09415d1.jpgAnd bonus desert as it was also my birthday that day. Macaroon muahrooms on a marshmallow stem with chocolate dirt.

As we dive deeper into Wonderland...

Your server comes by and asks a serious of questions about your food preferences and will bring out your meal as they best guess. Or you can pick and choose as you desire, but where's the fun in that?

ccb6c7c8f696aa086b7196d132c02aad.jpgWhat the fork is going on here

fd584379cd94e12fcf31b17e068fbc76.jpg I'll be spoon fed some soap if I don't watch my punnage

6c3a861a872ce864998cb8f587859d35.jpgAnd one flew into the cuckoo's nest. Everything else went up in the smoke. This was smoke covered egg filled with something over a bed of fried noodles

feb3cb6b9e398fcc594b67890b36fd0f.jpgThis little shrimpy is late for tea. We have a shrimp wrapped in the same fried noodles as the birds nest and a semi spicy cream(?) in the cup

3e435062bcc71508538ef58529b24b1a.jpgSo I wanted to get crazy. So I asked for something fun. So they brought me a Cheshire Drink. As it just disappears with a smile

d0fcf0ab2587cdd5dc9b9c3288bd3120.jpgAppetizers round three and four. In the foreground was a mini waffle come with wasabi in the bottom, shrimp and topped with avocado. Told to eat bottom up. Behind it was a shot of tomato water.

Sounds right up your alley Vividharp

Hahaha! Soon as I read tomato water I was like yuck! And saw your comment.

5b5c58666fd407633fcce0e212e09612.jpgBefore we get to desert, I'd like to present to you the bar menu. It'll be $13

aa4f0581db2ce1f22e0a4e49792db460.jpgPlus a 18% service charge. And if you don't have a prepaid package, the Spaniards would also like a little "Value Added" donation.

7dab457ba9c2bb1a1697eb1dd84e2699.jpgAh Lewis Carroll's greatest work!

6cd8ad09e1e473bf0a6e413041374549.jpgAlice's Adventures On The Kid's Menu!

500da120c7abac91f2eee384a61ff1e0.jpgNow to the sweet stuff. The amazing chocolate covered peanut butter ice-cream thing covered in melted caramel goodness. And got it all to myself as Macon dislikes peanut butter. Sucks to suck nerd

7be9cfb8b656ad723e32a18df09415d1.jpgAnd bonus desert as it was also my birthday that day. Macaroon muahrooms on a marshmallow stem with chocolate dirt.

It all looks amazing! Can’t wait to try it and new things!

Do you have copies the Compass? Did they offer a Stay Late option for disembarking in Rome and Barcelona like they usually do on European cruises?

Did you take wine to dinner - did you get charged corkage?

Thanks

LB

So many questions....But it's great because I have so many answers

1.I have all of our compasses, and will get them up shortly.

2. They did have a late stay option, bookable through the Excursions desk. We did not inquire about it so I cant quote the cost. I'll check to see if the excursion pamphlet in Day 1 compass has it.

3. We did take a wine to dinner, but it was to Wonderland where our entire experience was comped, so no idea if they would have charged a corkage fee otherwise. That was the only dinner we brought our own wine to, our other bottle somehow managed to find it's way back home with us.

You’re hilarious :D

Thank you for these pictures and reviews. We are going to sail Symphony next July!

Appreciate you following along and enjoying my punnery. Macon reads over my shoulder or from her electronic device of choice and I usually get a lot of head shakes or groans, so knowing I made at least one other person laugh makes it worth it.

Hahaha! Soon as I read tomato water I was like yuck! And saw your comment.

It all looks amazing! Can’t wait to try it and new things!

Vividheart, once I saw your comment on the discussion about the Bloody Cesears I knew you would most appreciate that particular item. And absolutely try new things, as if you dont like it, they will bring something else out. And then there is always the Windjammer if you get desperate

Sent from my ASUS Chromebook C202SA using Tapatalk

Curious where you're from? I've never heard anyone but Americans refer to a caesar as a "bloody caesar" and I'm wondering if maybe it's even a regional thing in canada

I’m from the states. Went to school with Canadians who introduced me to the Caesar. To avoid unwanted delivery of romaine salads with croutons, orders should be made in the lower 48 as Bloody Caesar. American appropriation rears it’s ugly head once more.

Shane, you keep providing answers, and I have so many questions...

If you were to order your perfect meal at a specialty restaurant for 7 people, what/where should it be? Assume you happy to share.

If you could party one place from 10pm-1am on board, where would it be?

I’m from the states. Went to school with Canadians who introduced me to the Caesar. To avoid unwanted delivery of romaine salads with croutons, orders should be made in the lower 48 as Bloody Caesar. American appropriation rears it’s ugly head once more.

Shane, you keep providing answers, and I have so many questions...

If you were to order your perfect meal at a specialty restaurant for 7 people, what/where should it be? Assume you happy to share.

If you could party one place from 10pm-1am on board, where would it be?

Yassssss more questions to answer!!!!

I read somewhere that if a bartender gives you a weird look when ordering a Caesar/Bloody Caesar you just tell them make a Bloody Mary and stab it a bunch of times. It was on the internet so it has to be true

Speciality dinner for 7 people would be Wonderland hands down. Especially if you are okay with sharing as all the servings are like Tapas style anyways. Macon would also suggest Izumi Hibachi, mostly because thats her favorite meal whereever she goes, partly because those tables seat 8 and it is always a fun show show with great food.

Night time party place would have to be Dazzles. While we are not normally late nighters, the entrance to Dazzles was conviently close to our room, so we would pop in and hang out for a bit. The Great Ideas party band often played in there at night, and I think they would have the DJ come in from time to time. It makes the most sense for the night club, being that its a pretty large and open space. Boleros was also the other popular spot, full of all kinds of make you wanna dance music thats not from the club.

Shane and Macon

So many questions....But it's great because I have so many answers

1.I have all of our compasses, and will get them up shortly.

2. They did have a late stay option, bookable through the Excursions desk. We did not inquire about it so I cant quote the cost. I'll check to see if the excursion pamphlet in Day 1 compass has it.

3. We did take a wine to dinner, but it was to Wonderland where our entire experience was comped, so no idea if they would have charged a corkage fee otherwise. That was the only dinner we brought our own wine to, our other bottle somehow managed to find it's way back.

Thanks!! Usually they advertise it on the front page of the Compass too.....do they do it in both Rome and Barcelona or just one port?

Fabulous review as always xxx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While the presentation was beautiful, with the exception of dessert, my DH would eat nothing served. Guess we will skip.

I admit the menu sounds a bit weird and I thought I wouldn't like it but I have now been 3 times (maybe 4..) and it is superb.

The eggs alone are worth a visit!

You must have a hard time cooking if he doesn't eat eggs, avocado, tuna, shrimp, chicken, beef, fish, pork.....?

We are going to be in a junior suite on the Symphony in May 2019. I wonder if the night stands next to the beds have outlets near them yet or it's the standard one set of outlets for the entire room? We both use CPAPs and the nightly setting up the extension chords is an irritation that could be easily resolved. If they can't do wall outlets why not use lamps with built in outlets like some hotels have? Thanks!

While the presentation was beautiful, with the exception of dessert, my DH would eat nothing served. Guess we will skip.

Might I recommend checking out the full menu they display outside the restaurant, as there was plenty of other options that may pique his interest. If not, maybe go in for a tasty beverage of your choice at the bar, as the setting is wonderful and is a least worth a stop. And if not, have no fear as there was plenty of other awesome looking places to try.

We are going to be in a junior suite on the Symphony in May 2019. I wonder if the night stands next to the beds have outlets near them yet or it's the standard one set of outlets for the entire room? We both use CPAPs and the nightly setting up the extension chords is an irritation that could be easily resolved. If they can't do wall outlets why not use lamps with built in outlets like some hotels have? Thanks!

While we briefly peeked into a JS across the hall, neither of us can recall if there was sockets next to the bed. We do know that there was one socket on one side of our bed. I did see a YouTube video of 9626 and it appears to have actual lamps rather than the wall mounted lights we had. So presumably they could have the outlets built in, or you could just swap out the lamps for the CPAPs. Hopefully by the time you get on there will be better video and/or pictures. Hope this helps. I'll post a link below

So just dawned on me that I never finished our last night on board. So yeah, let's (sadly) wrap it up...

6fbb46911a97632df5141abf02484d00.jpgBecause dinner part 2! As if we didn't need a wheelbarrow to take us out of Wonderland..

Any guess as to what Macon ordered?

a9a4b5db39d91d091f90d6f286a1a0fc.jpgIf you guessed French Onion soup you won!

90a67b9f75dec5bf15685bcd830d2bbd.jpgI myself felt like I hadn't enough sweets yet so I got myself yet another slice of cake. It was my birthday so I was gonna have my cakes and eat them too

49a4dbdbe93679e234623026e948f634.jpgTime to walk off all that food, and walk under the Big Wonder for the first time since boarding day. For a "Big" Wonder, this clearance was kind of tight. I'm roughly 5'10 for reference

54d4e0840eade8fb6c7cc4aa9aff5214.jpgEduardo our cabin steward left us a not so funny joke on our bed. And I thought my jokes were bad.

8d9417ce2db3d6933d60144e1f22d406.jpgAnd a laundry price sheet for those who may be interested. If it is crooked, maintenance is on strike because they rather be on vacation. Management is in total agreement.

So just dawned on me that I never finished our last night on board. So yeah, let's (sadly) wrap it up...

6fbb46911a97632df5141abf02484d00.jpgBecause dinner part 2! As if we didn't need a wheelbarrow to take us out of Wonderland..

90a67b9f75dec5bf15685bcd830d2bbd.jpgI myself felt like I hadn't enough sweets yet so I got myself yet another slice of cake. It was my birthday so I was gonna have my cakes and eat them too

49a4dbdbe93679e234623026e948f634.jpgTime to walk off all that food, and walk under the Big Wonder for the first time since boarding day. For a "Big" Wonder, this clearance was kind of tight. I'm roughly 5'10 for reference

54d4e0840eade8fb6c7cc4aa9aff5214.jpgEduardo our cabin steward left us a not so funny joke on our bed. And I thought my jokes were bad.

8d9417ce2db3d6933d60144e1f22d406.jpgAnd a laundry price sheet for those who may be interested. If it is crooked, maintenance is on strike because they rather be on vacation. Management is in total agreement.

Happy birthday and thanks for a very entertaining thread and fabulous photos.

I don’t personally know a single person that dry cleans and presses their underwear or socks. 🤦*♀️