Semi-live Pre-opening cruise Symphony of the Seas

I'm coming into this late, and by the time I read my own message I may find the answer, but on a -pre cruise like this, do they tell you upfront about anything that might not be done yet, work in progress, or opening soon items?

Other than some generic messages, unlikely. I was on the first sailing on Adventure out of dry dock and I saw no mention of the ongoing work on decks 11 and 12 (new cabins being added/finished).

Ouch. Hopefully they're just gouging for the first sailings. 42.90 plus an up charge for certain items is high

If you believe the new RCI app, the same price is shown all the way to the May 27 sailing (the last one listed).

I am currently on board and confirm no cost for laser tag and the times have varied throughout the cruise, some mornings, some afternoons and yesterday if was at 7pm

For what its worth, if my memory is correct, the escape room was no charge on Harmony at first. If it is successful, they'll likely start charging before the Caribbean runs. Speculation on my part.

Thanks for the answers!

The french onion soup is right up my alley, and my wife loves osso buco so much she once asked for seconds of it... on an airplane, so the Symphony version is bound to be a hit.

Thanks for the tips, and for the El Loco Fresh update. So, you liked it? Have you stopped by there other than in the morning?

Regarding my suggested Bloody Caesar inquiry, I am aware that my holy grail may be your tilting-at-windmills, but if you do happen by Hooked, I'm thinking they may offer the drink, as they may be the only place on the boat with the spare clam juice to work with.

If you're looking for a tapas place in the gothic quarter of Barcelona, check out El Xampanyet!

For what its worth, if my memory is correct, the escape room was no charge on Harmony at first.

Not sure what to make of it but the Escape room is not listed in the RCI app - and there's a lot of detail in the app (including the room on the deck plan with the app activity logo).

Not sure what to make of it but the Escape room is not listed in the RCI app - and there's a lot of detail in the app (including the room on the deck plan with the app activity logo).

It’s not ready yet. Hopefully will be soon.

Corn hole set up in front of TVs and couches where people are drinking, I see no possible problem here. :evilsmile:

Agree 100%. I also love anything hockey, but the air hockey tables are going to be loud.

I understand how the Bristro works during the day but I am a little confused how it works for dinner ! Is it self serve or is it order at table ?
Good morning Fielddreamer!!!

First response after our return to Barcelona. Still so early, Shane is asleep! [emoji16]

The bistro is a self serve restaurant/Mediterranean Buffet as they describe. They have you sit first and get drink orders, then you are free.to grab some food!! And it was absolutely delicious! Unfortunately, Shane's phone has all the photos, so I don't have to post for you. But he will get some more up for you!

Macon

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Love the review and photos. What is the restaurant across from Johnny Rocket's with all the wood? Also, is El Loco Fresh like Sabor? Is it a sit down restaurant or fast food? Thanks.
Morning Depplep!

Across from Johnny Rockets is Playmakers Sports bar and Arcade!!! It takes up the whole length of the boardwalk!

As for El Loco Fresh, it is a buffet style Mexican food stop, and it is rather tasty at that! This is our first Big Big BIG SHIP, and I'm not as smart as my husband on all the eating places, so unfortunately I'm not sure the type of restaurant Sabor is. [emoji848]

Macon

[emoji112] hello again! Fab review (we met on the MSC boards!)..

Can you check the sauna / steam room please? Is it mixed? Is there a charge? Is there one...??

What is the “other” RCI app? I’ve only got royal IQ?

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great to hear from you again Little Britain!

We've followed your reviews on the MSC boards too!!

Shane has all the photos of the Thermal area. It is a limited area where they only accept 45 guests for the duration of the cruise. Only one sauna and one steam room, separate rooms of course. About 10 or so heated loungers and 2 showers. It is a lot smaller than the MSC Meraviglia thermal arwa, but more exclusive. When Shane wakes up I'll be sure to ask him to post pictures!!!

There is an upcharge for the Thermal. If I remember correctly, it was $179 for two people for the whole cruise. I don't know if that was a lower price for only 5 days as opposed to 7, but surely we will find out come this Saturday when new blood hops aboard the ship!

As for the other app, it is called the Royal Caribbean App!

Hope this all helps and hope to hear from you again!!

Macon

Any idea on pricing for Hooked?
Fabulous you ask Colesc15!!

Yesterday was Shane's birthday!!!! (Happy Birthday Shane!!) And he decided he wanted to try hoked for lunch. It came out to $19 per person and then the 20% VAT added to that. It was absolutely delicious and totally worth it. As for dinner pricing, I could not tell you as we were surprised the price for lunch was $19 when we thought the entire time lunch was supposed to be priced at $27, or so we thought.

By the way, absolutely fabulous and some of the freshest seasfood yet!!

Macon

While on Harmony last year, the many of the "ceiling" sections in the Solarium were ripping, and the crew would have to cut them off as they made quite a loud flapping noise. This did not appear to be an issue on Oasis. how are they on Symphony?
Since she is new, I don't foresee that being an issue. We had quite a breezy trip as well. So, Im not sure if they altered it and have those panels on top of the solaruim as glass or the plastic as it is on the other ships.

Macon

I thought I read somewhere that Symphony had 3 main dinning rooms with different theme/decor but basically the same food. Did I dream this? I only see mention of one main dinning room on the deck plans that encompass 3 floors.
That would be the one!! There is only one main dining room that encompasses 3 floors as you stated in the end of your post. There are loads of other inclusive dining venues though with different menu options!!

Macon

Have you all eaten in the Solarium Bistro for dinner? Is that still free? It shows as no charge on my Cruise Planner, but wanted to confirm. Thanks!
Solarium Bistro is Free!! And delicious. And cozy! All around, fabulous place to watch outside of loud noises.

Macon

Amazing review! Thanks so much! Read every single bit. We will be cruising on the Symphony in July and I was wondering what was the best way to communicate between your "team members" if you didn't purchase the voom package. I will be traveling with 2 teenagers and want to keep track ;).

Also, didn't recognize the power socket shape in the photo you posted. Is it American ? Do they have a European electricity plug option?

Thanks again for this incredible post!