What happens to Escape Apr 20 & Apr 21

TrpngBilly

I'm actually surprised they didn't try to fill the ship up on a one way trip from FL to NYC.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The crew loves taking a well deserved break and enjoy the ship for themselves for a few days. Plus, I would not doubt thorough sanitization taking place as well before she reaches her new home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The crew loves taking a well deserved break and enjoy the ship for themselves for a few days. Plus, I would not doubt thorough sanitization taking place as well before she reaches her new home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well that is nice for the crew. I have no problem with that but knowing how these cruise lines operate I'm still surprised they didn't you and get revenue from the move.

I'm actually surprised they didn't try to fill the ship up on a one way trip from FL to NYC.

it is common for a ship to sail empty between US ports. Carnival does the same thing when it reposition a ship from FL to NY

Foreign flag ships are not allowed to sail between two US ports with passengers without a stop in a distant foreign port.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That is a really, really dumb rule unless someone can tell me a good reason it's in place? It sounds really stupid.

Some silly comments here. Do you think that NCL doesn't want to maximize profits every single day if they can? Laws are laws and that's just the way it is. NCL, Carnival, RCCL, all abide by those laws and take advantage of not having passengers onboard by doing extra cleaning, maintenance and THANKFULLY, a few extra hours off for the crew.

Seems like a loss of revenue in my opinion. Wouldn't be hard to add a Nassau stop- at the least. :)

nassau is not a distant foreign port. the only distant foreign port that count for these laws is the ABC islands.

The Jones Act. Thats the reason.
Jones Act deals with cargo

Pvsa deals with Passengers

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/23/~/the-jones-act-%26-the-passenger-vessel-services-act

The Passenger Vessel Services Act, (PVSA), 46 U.S.C. § 55103 (b), places the same restrictions on the coastwise movement of people. It is this act that prohibits commercial vessels such as cruise ships from allowing passengers to board at one U.S. port and debark at another U.S. port.

The applicable CBP regulation regarding penalties for violating the PVSA is found in 19 CFR § 4.80(b)(2), which provides that "[t]he penalty imposed for the unlawful transportation of passengers between coastwise points is $300 for each passenger so transported and landed as adjusted by the Federal Civil Penalties Inflation Adjustment Act of 1990), see Federal Register.

Jones Act deals with cargo

Pvsa deals with Passengers

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/23/~/the-jones-act-%26-the-passenger-vessel-services-act

The Passenger Vessel Services Act, (PVSA), 46 U.S.C. § 55103 (b), places the same restrictions on the coastwise movement of people. It is this act that prohibits commercial vessels such as cruise ships from allowing passengers to board at one U.S. port and debark at another U.S. port.

The applicable CBP regulation regarding penalties for violating the PVSA is found in 19 CFR § 4.80(b)(2), which provides that "[t]he penalty imposed for the unlawful transportation of passengers between coastwise points is $300 for each passenger so transported and landed as adjusted by the Federal Civil Penalties Inflation Adjustment Act of 1990), see Federal Register.

Makes zero sense but it's a law. A dumb law is still a law.

Makes zero sense but it's a law. A dumb law is still a law.

the only way around this law is to build and register a cruise ship here in the US similar to what NCL did with the Pride of America ship