MDR question

rnr4thatsme

Hi there! I know I can order multiple appetizers, but say I wanted two appetizers, one as a main course. Would they bring it out when the others I'm with are getting their main course? I don't want to be a problem for the wait staff. I was just looking at some of the menus online here and thought there are some nights when I think I would rather just have 2 appetizers as opposed to an appetizer and a main. Save room for dessert!

At times I’ve ordered two entrees as appetizer and main, other times I’ve ordered 5 appetizers. I always let the waiter know that they can serve in any order.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, it's fine to do what you suggest. If you want one to be served as an entree, just tell the waiter when you order. If you don't he may try to talk you into an entree in addition as he may think you forgot to order one.

Additionally, for those ordering multiple appetizers, keep in mind the others at your table, at least in our experience, don't get their entrees until you have been served all your appetizers. That might not be a problem if you are only dining with your family, but it could be a pain to others who have to sit there while you eat all you ordered.

We have had to wait while someone ordered several appetizers, a couple of entrees and we wanted to go to a show, so we didn't get dessert as the food was served by course. That was the last time we requested a large table. I realize people can order as much as they want and I don't care how much they eat, but I do think they shouldn't delay everyone else at the table.

I totally expect to get flamed, but it is my opinion based on my experience.

Sometimes I have had multiple appetizers brought out all at once, but probably never told them otherwise.

You can have as many appetizers and/or entrees as you like. Some entrees can even be served as appetizers in smaller portions.

Yes, they can. I've also had a main course as an appetizer (usually a smaller portion). You can have it any way you want as long as you let your waiter know. They will be more than happy to accommodate.

Agreed (y) The staff wants to make you happy

You can have it any way you want as long as you let your waiter know. They will be more than happy to accommodate.

This ^^ is what we always do!

We usually order 2 apps, (soup/salad etc.) and tell the waiters to bring them at the same time, and not to delay bringing the entrees for the others at the table. :)

"I don't want to be a problem for the wait staff." seriously? they work for you

Just because they are working for you doesn't mean you should be demanding, difficult or rude. I think the poster was making sure that he/she would not be one of "those people"....

One night I wasn't that hungry and did just that. I told the server I wasn' hungry enough for an entree and just wanted the appetizer, but he brought me 2. Nice of him, but it defeated the purpose.

" I don't want to be a problem for the wait staff." seriously? they work for you

One of “those” eekk. They work hard and it’s nice of the OP to inquire.

I’m on vacation so if I think they are really busy I just take it as it comes. I also always do anytime dining.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi there! I know I can order multiple appetizers, but say I wanted two appetizers, one as a main course. Would they bring it out when the others I'm with are getting their main course? I don't want to be a problem for the wait staff. I was just looking at some of the menus online here and thought there are some nights when I think I would rather just have 2 appetizers as opposed to an appetizer and a main. Save room for dessert!

Just let them know what you want.

Yes, it's fine to do what you suggest. If you want one to be served as an entree, just tell the waiter when you order. If you don't he may try to talk you into an entree in addition as he may think you forgot to order one.

I've done this in the past..and I always tell the waiter that none of the entree's look good to me so just bring out (insert thing here) when he brings my husband's entree'. I've made a meal out of entrees when none of them looked good to me or I just wasn't feeling up to eating a whole lot of food because I was so exhausted or whatever.

One night I wasn't that hungry and did just that. I told the server I wasn' hungry enough for an entree and just wanted the appetizer, but he brought me 2. Nice of him, but it defeated the purpose.

During our last cruise, our headwaiter Bojan would sometimes bring out an additional entree we didn't ask for because he thought DH would like it and we usually at least tried it, no matter what it was. And he was usually right...we usually really liked whatever he brought out. :D

Ordering an extra appetizer equates to this, seriously?]

Ordering an extra appetizer courteously with a smile is more than appropriate and acceptable. Ordering it with your attitude of “you work for me” is rude and condescending. If you can’t see the difference, that’s a YOU problem. Whomever your server is, they have my condolences

During our last cruise, our headwaiter Bojan would sometimes bring out an additional entree we didn't ask for because he thought DH would like it and we usually at least tried it, no matter what it was. And he was usually right...we usually really liked whatever he brought out. :D

Hehe, our head waitress Elizabeth on the Ecstasy last year (Who by the way was Awesome!) wanted to make sure I always had plenty to eat! I would be like "Hmmm, I can't decide between this and that" and she'd respond with "I bring you both!" :D

Just because they are working for you doesn't mean you should be demanding, difficult or rude. I think the poster was making sure that he/she would not be one of "those people"....

My DH does not like sauces on his entrees. He's always polite and smiling when he requests his entrees "his way". It often becomes a joke between he and the servers as the cruise progresses.

Requesting what you'd like does not have to be "demanding, difficult or rude"