Project Runway?

BlueHerons

I wonder who will be going home tonight...

I think it will be Laura. I like her designs but they all look the same to me. I really don't like Jeffrey's designs. He is very talented but I would never wear any of his clothing. :p

I really love Michael and his designs.

Well, let's see. Black and White Challenge and had to use every scrap of fabric they bought.

I loved Laura's dress tonight and was glad to see her finally win one. It was definitely beautiful and elegant and a true cocktail dress. I liked the details at the hem and how she made a handbag with the extra fabric.

I also liked Michael's dress. He really is a great designer, knows how to flatter a woman (well, minus last week's dress).

I was surprised how they brought back both Angela and Vincent and neither of them really pulled off anything that said they should've been back in the game. I was glad to see them out again.

Uli's didn't look like a cocktail dress to me. It really did look like everything else she's designed, except shorter. She really knows how to use a print, but I want to see her do something else.

Kayne's dress was better than some of his recent efforts, but not great. I really liked the front of the dress. The back looked like he had a good start on an idea but wasn't able to complete it, plus he really didn't have any white to fit with the Black and White challenge.

Jeffrey's outfit looked flat out cheap. When I saw it on the runway I thought back to the comment Michael made about Kayne's outfit and thought that applied more to Jeffrey's outfit. That was not a cocktail outfit at all. Maybe without the leggings it might have worked, but all it said to me was costume, or to be worn to a club or a rock concert, or what a working girl wears out on the street.

Hi All!

I've been watching the show, and then found the Olympus Fashion Week website. Some designers have shown already and PR is scheduled for tomorrow at 9:00am.

What I'm wondering is if the website is going to post the photos like they have from the other designers. I'll include the web address, as of right now, there are no photos listed.

I wonder if BravoTV has anything to say about whether pics get posted from a show that won't air till the middle of October!!!

http://www.olympusfashionweek.com/spring2007/designers/project_runway/index.html

Cruising Sept. 21 on the Holiday!! One week and counting!!

That sucked!

I think it was bogus and so contrived that they brought back Angela and Vincent. It contributed to an already low moral for the designers who have worked so hard to be in the final five.

I have in the past expected more from Project Runway.

Angela: Laughable. I was shocked she thought she had a chance to win.

Michael: Really liked the dress, loved the look.

Vincent: Lawd have mercy.

Uli: Very cute and I would wear it in a heartbeat.

Laura: Loved the dress.

Jeffry: Loved his look. I thought the leggings gave it a 'thumb your nose, go to hell' look.

Kanye: Very talented but in a one dimensional way.

Well it looks like Jeffery, the Santino of this season, is still in the game. Kayne was my fav of this year. Sad to see him go. Michael is a class act. He has such manners and doesn't talk about people.... at least that's what the editing shows.....

I hate that people keep calling Jeffry the Santino of this season. Two very talented and different designers.

Hi ya'll:)

Blue Herons, I agree with your comment....when I saw

Angela and Vincent I thought "Oh My God":eek:

and again, I am no fashion maven but I knew neither

one of them was going to win.

I thought Laura's dress came out beautifully too.

And besides having a wonderful eye for fashion, I think

Michael was brought up with some manners. Not that it

has anything to do winning or losing, but it is just a

part of his entire personality and I for one, think

it is a fantastic quality.

I don't think he is faking it and I would consider

him "good people".

I know it is a tv show and they are looking for ratings~

I guess they always have to have a variety of personas....

but I think he has class and I hope he wins:)

him "good people".

I couldn't agree more, Lois R...he was so gracious congratulating Laura when she won last night's competition. And so secure in his own skills that he had no problems helping Kayne learn how to walk on the runway a few weeks back.

It's easy to pull for someone like that. I, too, hope he wins...hopefully he'll continue doing great in the next few episodes.

Hi ya'll:)

him "good people".

Lois, in the south we refer to that as being, "his momma raised him right" LOL!

I agree totally, he is a gentleman.

I am glad Laura received her much deserved win. She has consistently been in the top three and has not won yet. Her dress was beautiful last night and she deserved the win. I loved Michael's dress too. I was about as enthused to see Angela and Vincent back as were the remaining designers. They seemed very dejected by the prospect of competing against those two again. It didn't seem quite fair. I hope this is not an element of the show that they intend to use again next season. It didn't seem fair despite the fact that the odds were heavily weighted against Angela and Vincent because they had to win the challenge to stay in the competition.

The front runner is still Michael. Laura is in second place right now. It will all come down to their collections at Fashion Week. Of course, last season the front runner, Daniel, lost to Chloe on the basis of their collections at Fashion Week. Past performance counts for nothing when it comes to the final show. Uli and Jeffrey probably won't win because they stay in their niche too much. Jeffrey is in his rock 'n roll niche and Uli is in her tropical wear niche. Their businesses should do well from the exposure they have received on the show (as will Kayne's business). They all deserve it. They are very talented. I think this is the most talented group of the three seasons.

I can't believe the season is nearly over and it is only September. Are they going to do another competition in the spring or must we wait a year?

I loved Michaels dress last night! He has great taste! I think he will win PR this season.

I liked Laura's dress but if it wouldn't have been for her model giving her tips on how to make it more "youthful" I think she would have gone home tonight.

I love Uli but her dresses are all the same.

Am I the only one that thinks that Jeffrey's looks are really out there?? I can't believe he won the couture challenge and am surprised he is still around. Last nights look was ok for a streetwalker not a dress.

Kayne... Poor kayne.. :(

I am so glad to see Angela and Vincent go. I would have rather seen Allison. Angela and her rosettes (sp?) were cute at first and then it was bizarre.

And Vincent :eek: I still have nightmares about that garbage challenge... *chills*

Lois, in the south we refer to that as being, "his momma raised him right" LOL!

I agree totally, he is a gentleman.

"His momma raised him right" is exactly what I was thinking. Michael is truly a class act.

I hate that people keep calling Jeffry the Santino of this season. Two very talented and different designers.

I agree with you. I may not like everything Jeffrey has put out, but he definitely sticks to his point of view, which is a completely different aesthetic than Santinos was.

I didn't like the twist but was expecting something like that since they've been trumpeting all season about the hidden benefits of winning challenges.

The look on Jeffrey's face when Angela came out at the party was priceless. I do like him, he's certainly less snarky when Angela isn't around though. His outfit? Well I agree with the poster who said it looked sorta "working girl".

Gosh, I loved, loved, loved Laura's dress. Where can I buy one? I thought it was one of the best things she has done on the show so far, and I was really rooting for her after it was obvious how much she took the previous week's comments to heart and how hard she worked to get it right this week.

Michael's dress was okay -- I was a *tad* underwhelmed. Yes, it looked good on his model, but in terms of overall appeal, it looked a little unfinished to me.

Uli's dress -- hmm, not one of her better efforts.

I hated to see Kayne go, but more do to his funny comments and personality than his designs. As others have said, I'm sure his business will thrive.

I'm off to check out the Olympus fashion show photos. If I recall, they did post some of the shots from last year's contestants.

This show was interesting. And I think it brought home who the more talented designers are. I think Jeffery won over Kayne because he is a stronger designer.

But Jeffery is riding a line right now. Laura gets faulted for designing to old, Jeffery designs for Rave parties. The judges have to demand of Jeffery what they demanded of her. Design what is you but out of your comfort zone.

Welcome home ..where did you cruise and what ship?

And did you have a wonderful time? I hope so!

Thanks for asking! We were on the Crown Priness. And, of course we had a good time -- it was a cruise:D

My heart went out to Laura. She is obviously someone who always expects to succeed. She took her bashing last week harder than anyone else has so far. Maybe that shows an underlying insecurity? But she sure did pull it out this week.

I can so see Uli having her own line. And people would buy it like crazy. It would be a niche market, but a nice market.

It's always interesting to see the difference between these quick turn-arounds and when the designers have real time to think and plan a collection. That's when Laura will really shine -- she has so much self-discipline. I think Michael will shine, too. He's inventive and pushes himself. Not so sure about Jeffry. A collection of his clothes might be sensory overload.

Hi SeaBunny....:)

"of course we had a good time -- it was a cruise":D

I always have a good time as well....but I have read

many...too many folks who seem to NOT have it ( a good time).

Maybe they are in the minority...but sometimes I

gotta wonder:eek:

Anyway...glad you had fun:) and sorry I got

off topic a bit.

I was thrilled that Laura won. Her dress was lovely and showed that she can do other looks. Micheal's dress was a close second - and not as great as Laura's, so I agree with the judges.

Jeffrey's was just horrible. Cheap looking and not the "tongue 'n cheek" he was aiming for. The models legs looked like sausages, the dress silhouette was simply ugly - their was nothing good about it.

I guess I'm the only one that liked Vincent's dress. I liked it alot. The problem was that his fit model had an accident so he had to use a larger model at the last minute so it was waaay too short and bursting at the seams. Also, the fabric guy gave him too much so he was stuck making an ugly cape that he did not care to make. But the dress itself, IMHO was very pretty. If he had time to remake it in the right size, it would have worked.

I thought Kayne's dress looked like it came from a cheap store and not up to his skill level. Or perhaps he simply can't make a cocktail dress?

I'm not down on Uli and her "one look" or on Laura's either. Both are masters of what they do. Many many designers have "signatures". All Mary McFadden gowns have Fortuny pleats and when Carolina Herrera started out 20 years ago, all her dress sleeves had a "dimpled shoulder". Vera Wang has only clean lines and I can't ever remember seeing her do a print or a ruffle. And a Chanel suit is recognizable by just about everyone who knows even just a little about fashion.

Angela is simply not a clothing designer. She's a crafts person and should stick to crafty "right from the farm" looks.