Cigars from Cuba

Kruzkrazy

supposedly limit is $100 worth of cigars per person

used to be $100. Revised rules now state quantities deemed needed for "personal use." This per the Obama exec order and did not change in the Nov 2017 revision. See the FAQ (number 34)

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Documents/cuba_faqs_new.pdf

CBP recognizes this "personal use" as 200 cigarettes or 100 cigars for most countries/territories.

Just my experience in December 2017 after disembarking the Insignia Cuba cruise: I could have had a suitcase full of Cuban cigars with me since the U.S. customs agent never asked about what I was bringing into the U.S. From Cuba. We in fact had only one package of 5 cigars which cost around $50. Prices for cigars ranged from about $3 to $25 EACH. And, BTW, the official Cuban government store ( where you buy the cigars) took U.S. $$$ as payment! Just our experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Then you will have to pay duties on them. Limit there is $800. :)

When we got back to Miami, customs not only didn't check anyone or their luggage, they didn't even ask about what we brought back! There are rules about the number of cigars and rum, but it didn't seem like they cared. I was ready to tell them (just had 1 liter of rum and 5 cigars for a son-in-law) but they just told me to go through.

When we got back to Miami, customs not only didn't check anyone or their luggage, they didn't even ask about what we brought back! There are rules about the number of cigars and rum, but it didn't seem like they cared. I was ready to tell them (just had 1 liter of rum and 5 cigars for a son-in-law) but they just told me to go through.

Ditto for us on the cruise after yours.

Why is it most people despise cigars, until they go to Cuba, then they're all in?

I can't stand the smell of cigars, cigarettes or pipes! But one of my sons-in-law asked me to bring some back for his boss....no big deal for me. Maybe he's buttering up the boss for a raise. :')

You no longer do customs forms by air or sea. I have been to Havana three times and onky was asked once and thst was by air. No one really cares what you do or bring ack.

Also as far as I know we no longer have the $800 limit. Just shop to you drop.