Can i carry water on board

john kaz

No drinks of any kind can be brought onboard. Except wine which is subject to a per bottle corkage fee.

What about having little bottles of liquor in your regular suitcase? Will they search there too? Or do they just look in your carry on?

Sailed in January on the Getaway. FYI drink packages also do not include water. I pre-ordered bottled water on the NCL website before the cruise which was in our cabin on arrival. These are the large size bottles. If you want to bring water with you to the pool or to walk around with pack a smaller bottle to refill.

What about having little bottles of liquor in your regular suitcase? Will they search there too? Or do they just look in your carry on?

Smuggling liquor is highly frowned upon. With that said, last summer embarking in Rome on the Epic, I had a bottle of whiskey that was for a friend, it was in my carry on and went through two scanners and they did not pick up on it. I was not hiding it, and was fully prepared to hand it over to them since I had no intention of drinking it with the hope I would get it back. I don't know how NCL is stateside, but at least it Rome it was a non-issue (and I felt terribly terribly guilty about it).

no little bottles of anything that you would drink are allowed and yes, they will Xray your luggage. We had it happen to us once. We had spent a couple of days in New Orleans prior to sailing and had purchased a couple of small bottles of bourbon to drink in our hotel room. We only drank one, forgot about the other and we got notified. Hubby went to the naughty room, got our luggage and never bothered with claiming the booze at the end of the cruise.

Will NCL let us carry on a case of water? And if so, will they take it to our room for us?? thanks John

mmmm ... it will be your 3rd time on the Escape and surely you should know the answer. :confused:

The ban commenced in July 2016.

Smuggling liquor is highly frowned upon. With that said, last summer embarking in Rome on the Epic, I had a bottle of whiskey that was for a friend, it was in my carry on and went through two scanners and they did not pick up on it. I was not hiding it, and was fully prepared to hand it over to them since I had no intention of drinking it with the hope I would get it back. I don't know how NCL is stateside, but at least it Rome it was a non-issue (and I felt terribly terribly guilty about it).

I wasn't thinking I would "smuggle" it in, I was just curious if it's allowed. I was on Princess in Hawaii once and didn't realize they would take away little bottles I bought at a store on land. I only bought two of the sample size bottles and then a half liter of something that I didn't think they had on the ship, and they took it and said I could get it at end of cruise. Needless to say, the didn't have it at claim time when I got off the ship, so one of the crew must have enjoyed drinking it. That's really odd that they don't include bottled water in the drinking package, as it's probably one of the cheaper options if you were to buy single servings of any type of drink. I am hoping their "tap" water is safe to drink in Europe. As for the person complaining that this question was asked before... I'm sure a lot of questions are repeatedly asked on here... sometimes it's very timely and difficult to find answers to a question you have, or just plain easier to post and hope you get an answer. I don't see the harm.

I wasn't thinking I would "smuggle" it in, I was just curious if it's allowed. I was on Princess in Hawaii once and didn't realize they would take away little bottles I bought at a store on land. I only bought two of the sample size bottles and then a half liter of something that I didn't think they had on the ship, and they took it and said I could get it at end of cruise. Needless to say, the didn't have it at claim time when I got off the ship, so one of the crew must have enjoyed drinking it. That's really odd that they don't include bottled water in the drinking package, as it's probably one of the cheaper options if you were to buy single servings of any type of drink. I am hoping their "tap" water is safe to drink in Europe. As for the person complaining that this question was asked before... I'm sure a lot of questions are repeatedly asked on here... sometimes it's very timely and difficult to find answers to a question you have, or just plain easier to post and hope you get an answer. I don't see the harm.

I saw a lot of people complaining about the price of the water that NCL sells, it's massively cheaper per bottle for about the same size as you would buy in Europe (in Paris, for a liter it was anywhere from 4 to 7 euros, on sale it was 2,50 per bottle if you bought a few at a time) so I think relatively speaking, not a huge deal, my daughter and I each drank a bottle of water a day, and I'd refill mine in the buffet and that was more than enough. We drank tap water across Europe and didn't die, so I would assume it's safe, ships water is potable (obviously they cook with it) so maybe just bring those brita water bottles and then you'd be golden.

I would throw the little bottles in your bag, and worse comes to worse you lose them. I feel like the bottle prices on the ship were really not that insane, and cheaper than CCL and RCCL.

I saw a lot of people complaining about the price of the water that NCL sells, it's massively cheaper per bottle for about the same size as you would buy in Europe (in Paris, for a liter it was anywhere from 4 to 7 euros, on sale it was 2,50 per bottle if you bought a few at a time) so I think relatively speaking, not a huge deal, my daughter and I each drank a bottle of water a day, and I'd refill mine in the buffet and that was more than enough. We drank tap water across Europe and didn't die, so I would assume it's safe, ships water is potable (obviously they cook with it) so maybe just bring those brita water bottles and then you'd be golden.

I would throw the little bottles in your bag, and worse comes to worse you lose them. I feel like the bottle prices on the ship were really not that insane, and cheaper than CCL and RCCL.

actually what we do or did until water was included with platinum plus cruisers, we just brought a couple of empty bottles and used them, filling them from the tap. The water is very good and no need to hassle with bringing a bunch of water on board.