Looking for a Paid Upsell

lvz2cruz

We are booked in an OV on a cruise next month through an online TA.

We usually book verandah cabins, but if we are docked certain ways in Bermuda they are useless the three days and two nights there. I was not willing to gamble the $500 when we booked.

Now my online TA shows concierge guarantees for $19 per person more than our OV. They supposedly have "live pricing". I called, hoping to pay to upgrade. She called Celebrity and they quoted $255 per person.

I did a dummy booking online on the X site and it shows it would cost me exactly $300 more than what I paid--over $200 less than what they quoted to my TA. I'm wondering if she was given correct information.

It would make sense to me to let me pay the $19 difference per person. They have made me a happy customer and they can sell my OV to someone else.

We have done this before though on a different line.

Do I just let it go and trust my TA was given correct info or who would I contact? I know X cannot talk to me and I don't want to bother TA again if her info was correct. Sadly though, too often three calls to X get three different answers. Would an email to Captain's Club get me correct info?

Thanks.

We usually book verandah cabins, but if we are docked certain ways in Bermuda they are useless the three days and two nights there. I was not willing to gamble the $500 when we booked.

Now my online TA shows concierge guarantees for $19 per person more than our OV. They supposedly have "live pricing". I called, hoping to pay to upgrade. She called Celebrity and they quoted $255 per person.

I did a dummy booking online on the X site and it shows it would cost me exactly $300 more than what I paid--over $200 less than what they quoted to my TA. I'm wondering if she was given correct information.

It would make sense to me to let me pay the $19 difference per person. They have made me a happy customer and they can sell my OV to someone else.

Do I just let it go and trust my TA was given correct info or who would I contact? I know X cannot talk to me and I don't want to bother TA again if her info was correct. Sadly though, too often three calls to X get three different answers. Would an email to Captain's Club get me correct info?

Thanks.

Hard to tell from your discussion whether or not you actually had your TA book the upgrade. If you did, and now you are unsure what you were charged or if it was in fact upgraded, ask your TA to email you a copy of Celebrity's official revised statement showing which cabin class (hopefully Concierge Guarantee) you have and what you were charged.

If they have not yet booked the upgrade, then tell your TA that you authorize them to charge you an additional $19 per person for the upgrade and ask them to email you a copy of the official revised Celebrity statement.

Hard to tell from your discussion whether or not you actually had your TA book the upgrade. If you did, and now you are unsure what you were charged or if it in fact was upgraded, ask your TA to email you a copy of Celebrity's official statement showing which cabin class (hopefully Concierge Guarantee) you have and what you were charged.

If they have not, then tell your TA that you authorize them to charge you an additional $19 per person for the upgrade and to email you a copy of the official Celebrity statement.

I am still in the OV.

I was hoping to pay the $19 difference. That is how it works in HAL, the other line we cruise often.

I'm confused why the TA said it would be over $500 and the website shows $300.

It would have been easier if I booked directly. I would just call again and probably get a different answer. I don't want to waste TA time though.

We'll have a great time in our OV. A verandah for a tiny bit more would be so nice though.....

I am still in the OV.

I was hoping to pay the $19 difference. That is how it works in HAL, the other line we cruise often.

It would have been easier if I booked directly. I would just call again and probably get a different answer. I don't want to waste TA time though.

We'll have a great time in our OV. A verandah for a tiny bit more would be so nice though.....

As someone mentioned above, sometimes the great prices you see are for new bookings only. Also make sure your TA asked about the GTY rooms, as they are cheaper than when you choose your own room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am still in the OV.

I've seen price drops on Celebrity and called my TA and only paid the difference. In some cases they are not combinable with certain perks, but I've had the choice to upgrade and keep or lose perks depending on the situation. The last time I did it, there was a price drop of $400 in a concierge cabin and I'd lose $100 in OBC, or for the same price ($400 less) I could upgrade to Aqua Class and keep all of my OBC. No brainer! I don't know if you used a large volume TA or a small local one. Many times the large volume TA's have more clout with the cruise lines (not just Celebrity) than do small local ones and have go-to people at the cruise lines with whom they deal on a regular basis. They also do enough business with them to know when they're being given correct (or incorrect) information.

Thanks.

Ran into same issue when tried to upgrade on our RF April 2018 TA

As others mentioned it turned out the lower price when I tried a dummy booking was $300 lower than what TA was quoted

Dummy booking was only good for new bookings (not upgrades), so realistically what I found was the TA's offer was best deal I could get. Glad I grabbed it when I did, 24 hours later, no longer available when a friend tried to get his TA to get it for him

Perks stayed the same

I have had my TA call before and they come back with a different price then what I could book it online for. They then go back to Celebrity and they check the prices again and come back with the correct pricing. I've once called in to check a price on an upgrade about a month out and was surprised that celebrity came back with an even lower price than they showed online. It felt like we had won the lottery. Good luck.

As someone mentioned above, sometimes the great prices you see are for new bookings only. Also make sure your TA asked about the GTY rooms, as they are cheaper than when you choose your own room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think they didn't ask for guarantee. That would explain the price difference .