Captain's Table?

lara68

Instead of the Captains Table I believe in most cases what they do is invite people to specialty restaurants to dine with the Captain or officers. I am not Zenith and don't sail in high level suites so I have not been invited to any of these - perhaps those who have can confirm this.

THe MDR CAptain’s Table has been replaced by dinners in one of the Specialty restaurants, hosted by various officers. There could be one hosted by the Staff Captain, Chief Engineer, on the same or different nights etc. It allows the officers to interact with more passengers and is not limited to the formal nights.

Instead of the Captains Table I believe in most cases what they do is invite people to specialty restaurants to dine with the Captain or officers. I am not Zenith and don't sail in high level suites so I have not been invited to any of these - perhaps those who have can confirm this.

We have been fortunate to be invited a number of times and have accepted three times. Very enjoyable! The last time was in November we were actually sailing in an inside on that cruise, the Captains Club host invited us on nearly every occasion and I believe we have been Elite at the times we were asked to attend. Now they seem to invite about eight people who sit with one or two senior officers and they hold the dinner in one of the speciality restaurants.The first time we went it was in the MDR at the Captains table.Dianne

Zenith or high level suites has absolutely nothing to do with being invited, a special lunch in Blu takes place almost every cruise on every ship to cater for that. (Penthouse & Royal Suites along with any Zenith members)

Officers tables still take place, and still full tables so I'm not sure that too many people actually decline the invites. :rolleyes:

We've been lucky enough to be invited to dine with one (or two) of the ship's officers 5 times in the last few years. The Captain's Club Hostess sends out the invitations. The first time we were invited was on the Infinity and the guests included suite, zenith and elite (+) passengers. This was held at the Captain's table at the head of the restaurant and was a very elegant affair. We were kind of nervous but our end of the table included some great conversationalists that our angst was quickly quelled. The food, wine and service was impeccable! After that invitation, every time we've been invited, the dinner has been held in various specialty restaurants, including once in Luminae. All the meals have been superb and the officers have been most gracious. The start times have ranged anywhere from 6:30 - 8:00 PM, with meeting up in either Cellar Masters or the Gastro Bar before hand for a glass of champagne and introductions of our tablemates by the Captain's Circle Hostess before meeting up with the officer(s).

I absolutely love these invites and I actually have a favorite time, only because the officers that we joined were just a blast! Others we've met don't like them and told us they turn down the invitations .... guess that leaves room open for the non-suite / non-Zenith passengers to enjoy. Their loss / our gain! :)