Electrical Outlets

daveandchristie

Thanks. Mainly concerned about recharging phones, etc.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

look on amazon or at walmart for "RAVPOWER" or similar multiple usb chargers. I bring one that i plug in at the desk and it can charge up to 6 usb devices, bring enough usb cords. we charge 2 phones, 2 tablets and a kindle overnight, no surge protector, haven't had one taken away.

This is from the Princess FAQs regarding “What to Pack / Prohibited Items”:

“Electrical devices such as small fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords without surge protectors are allowed onboard when used with proper caution. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.”

Here is the link to the page the above paragraph is from; you’ll find it near the bottom of the page:

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/bring.jsp

I was glad to find this a few days ago as I had a small plastic electric fan (no surge protection) held at the Seattle port as they said it wasn’t allowed; I was able to retrieve it after the cruise.

There is an outlet at the desk that has two plugs that you can use. We sometimes take a Belkin wall mount swivel multi-plug outlet (without a surge protector) that gives us 3 plugs plus the one that is not used.

If that is going a bit overboard, there is an additional outlet behind the TV.

Do any ships have 3 prong outlets or are they all 2 prong? I just bought multi usb with 3 outlets that is said to be made for cruises but it does have 3 prongs

Emerald and Ruby have a pair of Type 'B' (3-prong, 117v, 15A, "North American")

outlets by the desk. They are a tad closely spaced, so you might not be able to use

both if you have a wide plug. There's also another pair behind the TV(s).

Uhhhm... There is such a thing as a Type 'B' / Type 'A' (2 blade) adapter -- AKA

"cheater plug". Figuring out how to hook up the green grounding tab or wire on

the Type 'A' side is left as an ...exercise for the student. :eek:

Do any ships have 3 prong outlets or are they all 2 prong? I just bought multi usb with 3 outlets that is said to be made for cruises but it does have 3 prongs

The outlet at the desk is for 3-prong.

The outlet in the bathroom is for 2-prong.

Caribill, thanks for info, and Howard thanks for the pics! Nice to have another use for my nail clippers ��!

Thanks!

These night lights are very handy and I carry them where ever we go

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K8B2MPM/ref=sxr_rr_xsim_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3513574162&pd_rd_wg=Wd73m&pf_rd_r=5CE3XJ5BQF3B224CSSXN&pf_rd_s=desktop-rhs-carousels&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B00K8B2MPM&pd_rd_w=aJbfd&pf_rd_i=night+light&pd_rd_r=754b578f-483a-42ae-82f9-942a926d5929&ie=UTF8&qid=1523562660&sr=1

We also gave them to our grandchildren for the bathroom, hallway and bedrooms.

Anyone who wakes up in the middle of the night to pee will find them quite useful

Howard

Sailing soon on the Crown. They note one outlet in a balcony room. From photos it looks like one above the sink and one on the wall near the phone? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I always bring 2+1 extension cords. This allows a few items to be plugged in on the desk and allows more items such as the PC to be plugged in elsewhere. This leave one plug on the wall for my DW's hair drier.

There is also a free plug usually behind the TV. At 6'8" it is easy for me to access. The third extension cord is used here for actually doing all the charging in one location away from the desk.

Sometimes bring a power strip (not a surge protector) if we have additional items we are bringing that need plugged in such as an IPod player, DVD player, etc.