Back-to-Back Question

st5310

We are booked on back-to-back cruises on Adventure in June and July. I was having trouble checking in online for the second cruise, so I called Royal and was told that because we are on two consecutive sailings we do not need to check in for the second leg of the back-to-back. Is this correct? What is your experience with this? Any information about back-to-back cruises would be helpful. Thank you! Neil

We are booked on back-to-back cruises on Adventure in June and July. I was having trouble checking in online for the second cruise, so I called Royal and was told that because we are on two consecutive sailings we do not need to check in for the second leg of the back-to-back. Is this correct? What is your experience with this? Any information about back-to-back cruises would be helpful. Thank you! Neil

They are supposed to automatically copy your information from the first cruise to subsequent cruises. Beware, sometimes they don't get the charge card right, so you will find that you might have to go to Guest Services and let them swipe your card.

You should not need setsail for 2nd cruise. However, it would be wise to check with Guest Services mid-week just to confirm they have you on the Consecutive Cruise list. (So that you get the notice of the consecutive cruise meeting and your new seapass. Adds, etc.)

sometimes each cruise is it's own reservation. Like say the serenade in August out of Copenhagen is doing different itineraries. Each one will need to be on line check in. That is what I have been told. You get off ship and then get on again with new card. You can request to take luggage to new room if you did not get same room and leave it on board.

sometimes each cruise is it's own reservation. Like say the serenade in August out of Copenhagen is doing different itineraries. Each one will need to be on line check in. That is what I have been told. You get off ship and then get on again with new card. You can request to take luggage to new room if you did not get same room and leave it on board.

It's actually always it's own independent booking with it's own reservation number. Also nothing transfers over from your SeaPass account. Each B2B itinerary and ship will have their own way of handling their consecutive cruisers. Information will be left in your cabin about a meeting time/location to attend the day before cruise end day that consecutive cruisers will meet with staff to answer questions and will at that time usually give you your new SeaPass card. Love those B2B's.

It's actually always it's own independent booking with it's own reservation number. Also nothing transfers over from your SeaPass account. Each B2B itinerary and ship will have their own way of handling their consecutive cruisers. Information will be left in your cabin about a meeting time/location to attend the day before cruise end day that consecutive cruisers will meet with staff to answer questions and will at that time usually give you your new SeaPass card. Love those B2B's.

Well I am doing my first B2B and I did not know until recently about on - line check in as well as payments must be done separately. that was my reason for replying. The on line check in is separate. Funny each has different OBC too.

I am unsure of what to do on the ship but I really hope I don't have to trot off with luggage and go through security. I hope the Serenade will let us meet and do stuff on the ship. Lots of folks will do Norway and then the Baltic's. Both are sold out. I have been told to tell RCI when I make final payment to put in a comment about B2B.

With Airfare being expensive I bet a lot of us will be B2B. Hoping no issues with Russia that is.

We did a b2b on Adventure last year. Did online checkin for both. No you don't need to take your luggage off! If you are changing cabins the cabin attendant will help. Nice not having to pack and put luggage out! You will get info on what to do on turn around day. Double check with guest services that they have you on their list. Enjoy!

Thank you all for your input. I did notice that I cannot complete the online check-in for the second cruise, which is why I called Royal. It was then that he told me I did not need to do that for the second leg of a B2B. I shall, as Hostclarea and Skkiiergirl suggested, check with guest services early during the 1st sailing. We are, by the way, in the same cabin for both. Neil