Yet another EZAir question

elycelynne

I belong to United's Mileage Plus program and also have their credit card which allows me an earlier boarding position as well as a free checked bag. Would I still be able to get my normal credits and perks if I booked through EZAir, or is it like booking through a third party consolidator like Travelocity or Expedia?

Good to know. Thanks!

I thought of another question -- Would I have the ability to go on United's website to upgrade to an Economy Plus seat, or am I locked in to the seat assignment chosen at the time of booking?

Edited by elycelynne

I belong to United's Mileage Plus program and also have their credit card which allows me an earlier boarding position as well as a free checked bag. Would I still be able to get my normal credits and perks if I booked through EZAir, or is it like booking through a third party consolidator like Travelocity or Expedia?

You can get your mileage points for the flights. Upgrades would depend on the class of ticket supplied by EzAir .

Princess usually contracts for the class of tickets in a class.

You can book premium economy through EZAir. Just select that from the drop-down menu.

I think that "Premium Economy" is more for international flights. There wasn't anything available for my domestic flight from O'Hare to LAX.

I think that "Premium Economy" is more for international flights. There wasn't anything available for my domestic flight from O'Hare to LAX.

It is for cross country and international flights. Whether or not it is available depends on the specific plane used for the flight. It was available on my recent flight from ATL to FLL (which really surprised me; I'm not used to it being available on a 2 hour flight!)

in some cases the premium economy seats will be booked into business/first class at the premium price . Delta does this commonly on EzAir. I've so found that Business is cheaper than Premium economy. It all depends on the contract between EzAir and the airlines.

After EZair tickets your flight, you can upgrade just like you had purchased the ticket. (At least with my experience)

I also get any benefits that I would normally get if I had purchased the ticket without using EZair. (Delta & Amercian)

Air Canada and Westjet ( Canadian Carriers) don't allow upgrades.

Air Canada allows you to bid on upgrades.

Air Canada and Westjet ( Canadian Carriers) don't allow upgrades.

Air Canada allows you to bid on upgrades.

Correct, some airlines do not allow upgrades from the main cabin, no matter how you buy the tickets.

I just had my EZair flights ticketed so I could upgrade to the bulkhead on a domestic flight with American. (Main Cabin Extra Seats)

Premium economy is available even on my regional jets out of my small airport when I fly to Chicago or Denver. It is a few more inches compared to economy. It is often the first few rows of economy. You wouldn't know it existed unless someone pointed it out or you were selecting seats and they were blocked off or available for a nominal fee.

I was actually referring to Premium Air being more for international flights as it relates to the EZAir category. I know that it exists in general.

I got a good fare for Chicago to LAX. Now I'm just hoping that there's still some Economy Plus availability when the flights are finally ticketed 45 days ahead of departure.

I was actually referring to Premium Air being more for international flights as it relates to the EZAir category. I know that it exists in general.

I got a good fare for Chicago to LAX. Now I'm just hoping that there's still some Economy Plus availability when the flights are finally ticketed 45 days ahead of departure.

You can call Princess after final payment to request your flights get ticketed. You do not need to wait for Princess to ticket them.

I just did it at 85 days...

Good to know. Thanks!

I thought of another question -- Would I have the ability to go on United's website to upgrade to an Economy Plus seat, or am I locked in to the seat assignment chosen at the time of booking?

For United, you are not locked into your original seat assignments. Once receiving your airline reference number you can go directly into United's site and choose your own seats.

I have never tried buying the Premium Economy, but there was another post recently about someone who did it, only to lose what they paid for the better seat when the flight was changed to a different flight number and plane. So apparently it can be done, but there is some risk.

Once I book through EZair, I go to American's or United's website and associate the booking with my airline account. Then I can select seats, get upgrades etc without any problem since they now knows it is my account.

I had my flights ticketed at 75 days. FYI - once you do, Flexible Air becomes Restricted Air when they are ticketed.

[we booked ezair to europe and did not select seats. Went to the airline site and purchased for a little more extra legroom seats.

:)quote=elycelynne;55846561]Good to know. Thanks!

Good to know. Thanks!

Do you have status with United? In our experience we were able to upgrade to Economy Plus immediately upon making the reservations in EZAir. We wanted to upgrade our son and daughter-in-law to Economy Plus for free (a status perk) but we couldn't do that until the their tickets were paid for. Then we called United and took care of it within minutes.

I have another EZAir question and wasn't sure if this thread or a new thread was the appropriate place to ask.

We booked EZAir tickets in December 2017 for a flight to Paris pre-cruise and the return flight home from London in Business Class for $5808.46. I got this fare after re-booking from earlier cost of little over $6000.00.

I have continued to monitor the airfares and suddenly this week the cost has gone up dramatically to $23,932.82.

Final payment date for our September 10, 2018 Scandinavia & Russia cruise is June 27, 2018. Is there any advantages to paying for our flights now? Does anyone have any advice or past experiences about paying in advance to help us save our seat assignments and schedules if the airlines make changes to our flights. We fly from Sacramento, CA and picked out flights that only have 1 stop each way.

Thank you, I appreciate if comments that you can make. This is our first time using EZAir.

Carolyn

Does anyone have any advice or past experiences about paying in advance to help us save our seat assignments and schedules if the airlines make changes to our flights. We fly from Sacramento, CA and picked out flights that only have 1 stop each way.

Thank you, I appreciate if comments that you can make. This is our first time using EZAir.

Carolyn

Paying ahead of time does not protect your scheduling. Airlines make changes all the time re scheduling and equipment. I am in a similar situation now with October flights. The time on our return was moved earlier, outside Princess flight guidelines.

I'm waiting to hear from EZAir about what can be done as I also have a fare I don't want to lose.

The only advantage I can see of paying ahead is if your scheduling changes to something unacceptable , you can call and deal directly with the airline, explaining that the change is not acceptable and working with them to try and find flights that work for you.