coffee card update

I was going to just post this on a previous thread, but decided to start a new one instead.

People have asked whether unused punches can be used on another cruise.

Some cruisers have reported success in doing this, but no one knows "for sure."

I am on the Grandeur. Here is the wording of the offer, which I had not seen before.

"Café Select Coffee Cards"

Perk up your morning, afternoon or evening with our Café Select coffee card.

Get 20% or more off specialty coffees and if you don't use up the card this time you can bring it on your next Royal Caribbean cruise!

Enjoy 15 espresso-based specialty coffees for only $31. (18% Service Charge will be added)

I have read that the coffee card can be shared. Is that correct? Also, do you wait until onboard before getting one or can you order ahead of boarding? :hot-beverage::hot-beverage: :hot-beverage:

I have read that the coffee card can be shared. Is that correct? Also, do you wait until onboard before getting one or can you order ahead of boarding? :hot-beverage::hot-beverage: :hot-beverage:

Yes, it can be shared. Check your Cruise Planner for pre-cruise availability.

Curious if they're offered on all cruises right from the start? Or are they more like the alcohol "drinks cards" which I've heard are only offered on some cruises at some times. (Presumably when drink sales are slow.)

Curious if they're offered on all cruises right from the start? Or are they more like the alcohol "drinks cards" which I've heard are only offered on some cruises at some times. (Presumably when drink sales are slow.)

As far as I've seen, they are offered from the start.

I was going to just post this on a previous thread, but decided to start a new one instead.

People have asked whether unused punches can be used on another cruise.

Some cruisers have reported success in doing this, but no one knows "for sure."

I am on the Grandeur. Here is the wording of the offer, which I had not seen before.

"Café Select Coffee Cards"

Perk up your morning, afternoon or evening with our Café Select coffee card.

Get 20% or more off specialty coffees and if you don't use up the card this time you can bring it on your next Royal Caribbean cruise!

Enjoy 15 espresso-based specialty coffees for only $31. (18% Service Charge will be added)

Yes, I posted the actual portion of the Compass a couple weeks ago but no harm posting again.

My experience with the coffee card on Serenade 3/19 - 3/30 was one punch per shot. I took a printout from the website cruise planner which states any expresso-based coffee and argued with the worker to no avail. She called the supervisor for me to talk to. He would not budge.

I did see something in the Compass I had never seen before confirming you can use your unused punches on your next cruise (still not clearly defining its use).

39431800730_cdb23066d4_b.jpg

That is great news. Are they also only using one punch no matter the size?

Small = 1 punch, Medium = 2 punches, Large is 3 punches if I remember correctly. So when ordering get two small not one large.

As to using on your next cruise, absolutely OK. I seem to always have a few punches left over and use them on my next cruise before starting in on the card purchased for that cruise.

George

the picture from the daily planner certainly will make the DW happy as she cares mostly about getting her coffee. She said that and the D+ drinks in the evening will make the beverage aspect of the cruise next up just perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

The coffee card is now one of our must haves while on board. There have been many discussions on how many punches for an expresso. This past March while on the Navigator, I was able to get a grande with only one punch as I asked them to make it with just one shot. It tasted good to me and worked so hope others get the same deal if they ask. RCI is consistently inconsistent with this card.

No Starbucks on Oasis class ships and Mariner.

Oh no.. I never heard of this card and I love Starbucks coffee. I was hoping it would be able to be used at the Starbucks on the Oasis. Where can you use the card? Cafe Promenade only?

Oh no.. I never heard of this card and I love Starbucks coffee. I was hoping it would be able to be used at the Starbucks on the Oasis. Where can you use the card? Cafe Promenade only?

On Oasis, Cafe Promenade, Park Cafe, and restaurants.

On Oasis, Cafe Promenade, Park Cafe, and restaurants.

Thank you Bob. I might do it because I have to drink decaf and the SL and DL on Oasis do not have decaf in their machines so no cap, latte's or espresso's for me. I'm pretty sure I can down 15 coffees in one week!! :D

Thank you Bob. I might do it because I have to drink decaf and the SL and DL on Oasis do not have decaf in their machines so no cap, latte's or espresso's for me. I'm pretty sure I can down 15 coffees in one week!! :D

No decaf in the lounges? Interesting, I honestly cannot remember the machines on Oasis. I do remember the machines on Adventure and Jewel, and they both had a decaf option. Now, it was not intuitive how to choose decaf, we had to ask the Concierge and he showed us the buttons to press to select decaf.