Impact of B2B cruises with Centrelink

Business Class flights have a bit to do with my medical condition. I am happy with Princess, done 400 odd days with them, so have had the Black Elite Card since 2008, hence the free laundry and the other loyalty benefits. In my view Princess is a solid middle of the road cruise line.;p

Enjoy the flights and the cruise as I am sure you will. I love travelling in our country but it is great to enjoy different places while we can.

Julie

This is only true if you either -

a) pay extra for laundry

b) have reached a certain number of cruise days and you get laundry as a loyalty reward. The number of days required depends on the cruise line.

This is based on my experience with various luxury lines.

Julie

If you can sail on a luxury line you aren’t really going to worry about paying for your laundry.

Though perhaps there are other people like my father who would spend up big on most things, but would object if he thought a small item cost too much.

Business Class flights have a bit to do with my medical condition. I am happy with Princess, done 400 odd days with them, so have had the Black Elite Card since 2008, hence the free laundry and the other loyalty benefits. In my view Princess is a solid middle of the road cruise line.;p

I too have a medical condition that is better served if I fly business or first on flights longer than 3 hours. But I’d fly that way anyway, because it’s so much better.

I have to accept your evaluation of Princess because I haven’t been on one of their ships. Are they all inclusive? If not, the idea of getting laundry included but not drinks seems a bit of a strange bargain to me.:');p

If you can sail on a luxury line you aren’t really going to worry about paying for your laundry.

Though perhaps there are other people like my father who would spend up big on most things, but would object if he thought a small item cost too much.

I was simply wanting to ensure that there was no false information that laundry was part of all inclusive luxury lines. It is good to keep facts, well, factual.:)

Julie

I too have a medical condition that is better served if I fly business or first on flights longer than 3 hours. But I’d fly that way anyway, because it’s so much better.

I have to accept your evaluation of Princess because I haven’t been on one of their ships. Are they all inclusive? If not, the idea of getting laundry included but not drinks seems a bit of a strange bargain to me.:');p

Complimentary laundry is available on Princess ships to pax @ Elite level on their Captains Circle Loyalty programme. i.e. after 15 cruises or 150 days.:halo: With Elite you also get a mini bar set up, spirits, softies, beers, plus generous internet allowance, plus priority embarkation/disembarkation and tendering. Few other things, like arvo tea in cabin, horsedouvres delivered on formal nights, free ticket to wine tasting. Little things I know, but all helps.:D

Well I had recently just started looking into my super proper, and this thread helped inspire what I want to be when I retire (in 25 years). I'm not one who paid too much attention to my finances in the past, but I'm setting up salary sacrifice into super now .. the projections for this look much better than I expected.

I have an an appointment with a super planner next week and when he asks what I want in retirement I'm going to say "free laundry", hehe

Well I had recently just started looking into my super proper, and this thread helped inspire what I want to be when I retire (in 25 years). I'm not one who paid too much attention to my finances in the past, but I'm setting up salary sacrifice into super now .. the projections for this look much better than I expected.

I have an an appointment with a super planner next week and when he asks what I want in retirement I'm going to say "free laundry", hehe

LOL, and six consecutive weeks a year cruising.;p

Sound thinking and good luck with it all. I have been retired 15 years today, 2.5.03. I retired @ 55, so old does that make me? I can't count, lol.:o

Sound thinking and good luck with it all. I have been retired 15 years today, 2.5.03. I retired @ 55, so old does that make me? I can't count, lol.:o

I got a A in Maths when I was at school and 15 + 03 = 18. :D Lucky you are legal to drink.

I'm sure your planner will be across the latest rules, but just be careful in putting too much money into super, lest you face tax implications.

I had been salary sacrificing as much as I could in last few years, as I close in on retirement age. That is MY retirement age, not the age I will qualify (??) for a pension.

Lo & behold, after receiving my 2016-17 tax refund, I was hit with a substantial tax bill because I had put TOO MUCH into super in that year. It was a combination of the employer paid (9.5%) and my own money, but went over the newly introduced $25K per annum 'total' limit. You can put more in, but not at the lower tax rate that is there to encourage us to contribute more!!!

I so wish I had started salary sacrificing early in my working life. Then the ten years out of the workforce with the kids would not bite as much. Very sensible move. We are also terrible enablers of each other spending money so may not get the good nursing home, let alone the years of cruising first!

Complimentary laundry is available on Princess ships to pax @ Elite level on their Captains Circle Loyalty programme. i.e. after 15 cruises or 150 days.:halo: With Elite you also get a mini bar set up, spirits, softies, beers, plus generous internet allowance, plus priority embarkation/disembarkation and tendering. Few other things, like arvo tea in cabin, horsedouvres delivered on formal nights, free ticket to wine tasting. Little things I know, but all helps.:D

Taking 15 cruises to get all those perks shows great valour. I salute all your hard work:) sounds like your SKI strategy is paying off.

Do you also get perks for booking a mini suite?

Taking 15 cruises to get all those perks shows great valour. I salute all your hard work:) sounds like your SKI strategy is paying off.

no perks for a mini suite unless your elite

suites gets the perks

No suite perks but you do get the mini perks, free entry to the buffet, free tea coffee and water, and of course free debarkation at the end of the cruise, ;p

They do have a bath though and are slightly larger than a standard balcony so do have some things that some people prefer, especially if the price is right.

No extra perks for mini suite, other than the welcome glass of Princess Korbel bubbly $2 a bottle stuff, bath and shower, bigger cabin plus a 3 seater lounge which I like. But you do get two TV's in the minis, one for each eye. ;p

:rolleyes: But we already have the Elite perks.

Yes it has been hard work doing all those days on Princess, but someone has to do it, SKI club is great.

I got a A in Maths when I was at school and 15 + 03 = 18. :D Lucky you are legal to drink.

You Canberrans from NATCAP are not as smart as I thought, Uncle Mic.;p