Where to eat crab in Ketchikan?

james'mommy

So I've been allergic to crab for the last 10 years. I decided to get my allergies retested on the off chance they had changed. Great news, I'm no longer allergic to crab. Testing it out this weekend. So were would be the best place to get crab in Ketchikan? We don't have anything planned there. I don't think we would be interested in a crab feast since I'm not sure how much my son likes crab.

Tracy’s is in Juneau. Frankly, if I’d ever had an allergic reaction to crab, I wouldn’t test out the fact that I’m no longer allergic to it in the middle of an expensive vacation. You and your family could be left in Ketchikan if you had a bad reaction.

That said, IMO the only worthwhile crab to eat in Alaska is fresh Dungeness. The king crab is all frozen and no different than you’d get at home.

So I've been allergic to crab for the last 10 years. I decided to get my allergies retested on the off chance they had changed. Great news' date=' I'm no longer allergic to crab. Testing it out this weekend. So were would be the best place to get crab in Ketchikan? We don't have anything planned there. I don't think we would be interested in a crab feast since I'm not sure how much my son likes crab.[/quote']

Try Annabelle's or, Alaska Fish house

Tracy’s is in Juneau. Frankly, if I’d ever had an allergic reaction to crab, I wouldn’t test out the fact that I’m no longer allergic to it in the middle of an expensive vacation. You and your family could be left in Ketchikan if you had a bad reaction.

That said, IMO the only worthwhile crab to eat in Alaska is fresh Dungeness. The king crab is all frozen and no different than you’d get at home.

I am testing out the crab this weekend. The allergy is only severe itchiness. It's usually treatable with a massive dose of benedryl. I have other allergies and so does my son so we'll have plenty of epipens. Dungeness is actually what I am interested in. It's what I was eating when I discovered I was allergic. The allergist actually wants me to do a 3 hour in office oral challenge but I would need to be off of my meds for 5 days and I can't make it past day 3 without meds.

Good luck with your test! I would hate it if I was allergic to shellfish.... Food allergies are funny things. After a buffet a few years ago I swelled up like a balloon, throat closed up, hives, the works. I never did figure out what caused it, as there wasn't anything I had never eaten before. The doctor finally decided it was a "combination" of ingredients.

• 3 weeks later...