Diamond Plus RCCL jumping onto Seaside

margaret91326

We are diamond plus with royal and taking the plunge on msc. We are interested in the differences both good and bad that we might experience. I'm assuming since this is an Italian line that the pasta and pizza will be fantastic!

I will miss my free Diamond Lounge drinks and snacks each night, balcony discount and free wifi , but we are interested in a change. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are diamond plus with royal and taking the plunge on msc. We are interested in the differences both good and bad that we might experience. I'm assuming since this is an Italian line that the pasta and pizza will be fantastic!

I will miss my free Diamond Lounge drinks and snacks each night, balcony discount and free wifi , but we are interested in a change. Thoughts?

Same status as you on RCCL. We took the plunge last summer on Meraviglia and have not looked back. We were on Seaside in Jan. We are booked for 3 more cruises so far: Musica (next month), Divina (Dec) and Meravigilia (Oct 2019).

I hope you did the status match. You will get the Black Level status, which gives you a lot of perks, moreso than what you will get on RCCL. Other than the diamond lounge (which is not available on every ship), RCCL was dwindling away the perks, You have Aurea experience so that gives you the unlimited drinks.

We have only cruised in balcony and loved it. Once our daughter is a little older, we will try Yacht club.

Same status as you on RCCL. We took the plunge last summer on Meraviglia and have not looked back. We were on Seaside in Jan. We are booked for 3 more cruises so far: Musica (next month), Divina (Dec) and Meravigilia (Oct 2019).

I hope you did the status match. You will get the Black Level status, which gives you a lot of perks, moreso than what you will get on RCCL. Other than the diamond lounge (which is not available on every ship), RCCL was dwindling away the perks, You have Aurea experience so that gives you the unlimited drinks.

We have only cruised in balcony and loved it. Once our daughter is a little older, we will try Yacht club.

Thanks so much. I really needed to hear from someone who has done both. I'm encouraged!

Thanks so much. I really needed to hear from someone who has done both. I'm encouraged!

same here - diamond + with Royal Caribbean - last cruise with them was 3 years ago this week (thank you facebook to remind me) - and we have only sailed with MSC since - you will not be disappointed - i 100% needed a change away from RCI, and so glad we did - nothing against RCI, it just got stale for us...

Also, the last cruise we were on was the IOS, the greeting would go something like this:

Me: Good day, how are you doing...

Them: Very good, whats your status, we are...

really - on this sailing it was all about status, and flaunting their pins - it was crazy and actually quite disturbing...

so now, we are totally in love with MSC - quite refreshing actually

same here - diamond + with Royal Caribbean - last cruise with them was 3 years ago this week (thank you facebook to remind me) - and we have only sailed with MSC since - you will not be disappointed - i 100% needed a change away from RCI, and so glad we did - nothing against RCI, it just got stale for us...

Also, the last cruise we were on was the IOS, the greeting would go something like this:

really - on this sailing it was all about status, and flaunting their pins - it was crazy and actually quite disturbing...

I agree with you completely! Rccl is not what it use to be. It was 11 am on a sea day before we ever saw bar staff around the pool and then there were only 4. The all inclusive drink package has cut their waitstaff so you have to go stand in line at the bar to get a drink. We believe this is to keep people from drinking as much. We aren't big drinkers but need a water now and then while in the sun. I remember the day when you were almost pestered with the waitstaff saying " bar service" as they walked by your chair literally every 5 minutes all day long. Those days are gone. All that to say....looking for a new experience.

I agree with you completely! Rccl is not what it use to be. It was 11 am on a sea day before we ever saw bar staff around the pool and then there were only 4. The all inclusive drink package has cut their waitstaff so you have to go stand in line at the bar to get a drink. We believe this is to keep people from drinking as much. We aren't big drinkers but need a water now and then while in the sun. I remember the day when you were almost pestered with the waitstaff saying " bar service" as they walked by your chair literally every 5 minutes all day long. Those days are gone. All that to say....looking for a new experience.

We are Diamond+ on RCI, too. We have cruised MSC 3 times in past 12 months and RCI 3 times in past 12 months. We do other cruse lines such as NCL, Princess, Celebrity, too in the last 12 months.

Lets be honest! We were on the MSC Divina this past Feb for 11 days. The bars do not all open at the same early time. Even in the pool area. They stagger times and most opened at 11AM. As for trying to get a drink, bar service was very very minimal by the pool. Like you said, those days are gone. Cruising has changed regardless of the cruise line.

Yes, you will have a new experience on MSC and you should enjoy it. That is why we just don't cruise one cruise line.

We are going on RCI and MSC in June and again in Nov 2018.

Happy Cruising!

Hi Margaret......We are Diamond on Royal and took our first MSC cruise in February 2107 on Divina in Fantastica - Balcony. We loved the ship and the experience.

Then in February of 2018 we cruised on the Seaside. YC.....the experience was beyond belief and you will not be disappointed at all if you decide on YC. The private lounge, private dining room and service in general totally exceeded my expectations. My husband and I enjoy walking on the ship and unfortunately the Seaside does not have a walking track or any place else to walk on the outside of the ship (I mean walking for exercise) Of course there is always the gym, but that isn't something we enjoy. The ship is beautiful for sure, but for us, the Divina is more to our liking.Therefore, we will not sail the Seaside again.

We have the Divina booked for this coming January in the YC and we are anxious to try the YC on the Divina!!

Then we have the Meraviglia booked in Aurea Experience in October of 2019. It will give us a good opportunity to experience some of the experiences MSC has to offer.

Bottom line is when we cruise MSC I KNOW we will enjoy it to the utmost if we book YC and if YC becomes available of the Meraviglia we will probably upgrade to it.

Enjoy your cruise :)

PS Definitely remember to status match - well worth it in whichever experience you choose.

D+ on Royal and currently cruising on Magnifica in a balcony cabin. I've been posting my thoughts daily on here if you are interested. Enjoying it very much

Julie

What’s the thread topic so I can follow?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What’s the thread topic so I can follow?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The thread title is 'Just boarded Magnifica ', for some reason I can't seem to post the link on here.

Julie

margaret91326

Although I have not sailed MSC yet-my guess would be you will not miss that Daimond lounge at all. It is an over crowded joke.IMHO. I left Royal for various reasons and when I sailed NCL I could not have been happier. You mentioned you have the Auera suite. You will get a beverage package. Not just 3 hours or 3 vouchers with limited choices. Yes- do the status match. You are the highest level on MSC and you will get lots of great perks. My husband and I got our black card match and it only took a few days. I'm hoping I love MSC as much as I love NCL now. Price difference alone makes me already love MSC.;)

This is spot on!! Starts to turn many off that are not in the chase to move up and just want to enjoy a cruise for what it is that day in that moment. The obsession to become D+ and Pinnacle, or, for some of those who already are, I think you used the best description. Stale and disturbing!! Not all but unfortunately, many!! (trying to save myself from the oncoming lecture lol:cool:)

OMG! We have cruised many times and never had an staff as us 'what's your status?' Maybe there was a reason for them to ask you. However, I would not make an issue of that. You may run into any cruise line staff and they may ask a question or give a response you may take the wrong way. We all can do that at times. However, if that is the only thing we can find fault with, we must really be enjoying our cruises or we would not cruise again.

By the way - what is your status on NCL? LOL

These are just rude passengers and you will find them on any ship. Can say in my 30+ cruises with royal I have that happen to me only once or twice. Have never been on a sailing with a majority of passengers act like this. My experience has been most people are friendly and dont mention any status level. I only got "i am d or d plus" in the diamond lounge or concierge lounge during happy hour. I cant believe people would start off a conversation like that if you greeted them in the elevator, windjammer, etc. Kind of like telling a stranger how much money you have and asking their net worth. Just rude and crass passengers you encountered.

I am also trying yc this july for 14 nights on seaside. My son cant wait and i want to see how the food is compared to royal. The room is smaller than the crown loft we sail in on oasis class. The balcony yc rooms are about the size of junior suites. The tradeoff is the pricing for 2 weeks in yc balcony is what we would pay for 1 week in a crown loft with royal. We enjoy the crown loft with royal as you have a private hallway to cabin, suite lounge and coastal kitchen the suite restaurant.

Will see if MSC will be our new ceuise line for 2019 and beyond or we stay wiith royal. I am pretty sure we will have a great time and will probably split sailings between royal and msc. What i like about royal are all the great people that are now friends we have met in mdr, d lounge, etc. We are now planning cruises with the many awesome people we have met onboard. It is great to say "see you in a few months".

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Edited by frank808

What about Celebrity? Have you sailed with them?
Have not sailed celebrity yet but have admired the ships when docked next to them. Main reason is that my son is 12 and it seems the line is more sedate and less things for kids to do. In 6 years when he is off to college, we will give them a try.

Will be seeing you on seaside in july. We can meet up in the yc lounge and discuss our cruising adventures. You are also doing the Oct 21 allure cruise right? Seems like you have sailed MSC a lot and I have done royal all this time. I have some questions about MSC and I can try to answer questions or share with you our allure hints.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What about Celebrity? Have you sailed with them?

I have sailed celebrity in the Aqua Class. Similar to YC I believe with its separate dining area and spa privileges. Enjoyed that very much. If we like seaside, may try and book a YC for our next sailing if available and try that too. Wondering how far out the YC books up?

Hi, Frank 808....

Yes we're on Allure too.

However, we haven't sailed MSC a lot, just once on Divina.;)

I agree that Aqua on Celebrity is nothing like the Yacht Club. As a matter of fact, my DH avoids Aqua because he doesn't like Blu (and I realize we're in the minority).