Live from the Prinsendam - 28 day Azores and Celtic Explorer - May 5th, 2018

kazu

<snip>

I showed the itinerary to Jimmy and he said, "do you want to do that one or South America?" My response... Why must I choose only one? LOL ;p

Exactly! Why choose just one :halo:

What a delight this thread has been!

I read the first few pages before my recent trip and finally had time to get caught up on the rest now that I'm home as well. A treasure trove of good info on the Prinsendam -- well done!

Recent reports regarding the uncertainty of P'dam's continued future with HAL have made me happy that I've got the April 12th trip booked -- and now I'm wondering if I should try to do another itinerary in the fall that I have my eyes on....:confused:

Thank you for the kind words Cruisemom :D

Absolutely book another one. Or just stay on for the next segment ;). I know, I'm evil :evilsmile:

Thank you for the kind words Cruisemom :D

Absolutely book another one. Or just stay on for the next segment ;). I know, I'm evil :evilsmile:

Unfortunately work dictates that I can only take off about 2 weeks of continuous time at this point (plus a day or two). :loudcry:

Unfortunately work dictates that I can only take off about 2 weeks of continuous time at this point (plus a day or two). :loudcry:

How dare work get in the way of travel :eek:;)

The 2 week itinerary you chose is great IMO ;):halo:

My husband and I have had an ongoing discussion regarding itineraries and April 12th was on the short list. We had narrowed it down to three: April 12th Mediterranean Rivieras; May 17th Fjords and Highlands; and Oct 5th European Rivers. I am fairly certain we have settled on May 17th, but it’s on the Zuiderdam. Unless there is a compelling reason to choose another?

My husband and I have had an ongoing discussion regarding itineraries and April 12th was on the short list. We had narrowed it down to three: April 12th Mediterranean Rivieras; May 17th Fjords and Highlands; and Oct 5th European Rivers. I am fairly certain we have settled on May 17th, but it’s on the Zuiderdam. Unless there is a compelling reason to choose another?

The Fjords are lovely. But there can be differences in the experience depending on the ship.

You might want to take a look at the post by Sharon (storylady) on this thread - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2644348 It's post #8 I believe.

You are most welcome :). I found the post interesting and glad it was helpful to you.

Thanks Kazu, that was very sweet of you. What I like about the Prinsendam is her ability to visit places and dock in the heart of the city. We have docked in downtown Aalborg, Bordeaux and several other places where we are the biggest building in town. And everyone needs to book a cruise from Amsterdam to North Cape on the Prinsendam before they no longer are able to.

Thanks Kazu, that was very sweet of you. What I like about the Prinsendam is her ability to visit places and dock in the heart of the city. We have docked in downtown Aalborg, Bordeaux and several other places where we are the biggest building in town. And everyone needs to book a cruise from Amsterdam to North Cape on the Prinsendam before they no longer are able to.

Your posts are always informative :)

Well we won't get all the ports done that you mention, but at least we will be in Bordeaux next year :)