Live from the Prinsendam - 28 day Azores and Celtic Explorer - May 5th, 2018

kazu

Love the pictures - they bring back great memories of our time spent in Amsterdam. Anne Frank House was certainly sobering - I'm glad they don't allow photos of the interior; it's a special place. We walked miles and miles when we were in Amsterdam, and will have to return one day.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

That luggage escalator in the Banks Mansion is new in the last year; it wasn't there when I checked in last June. It's a big help, I'm sure.

Your tour in Amsterdam gave me some ideas of what to do when I'm back there this September. Thanks!

Jacqui -

Thanks for all the commentary and great photos!

FYI - We took a gazillion photos in the Rijksmuseum, as did everyone else I saw. No flash, but photos and videos were allowed. No selfie sticks!

In fact, the Rijksmuseum even had a portrait of me after eating for 14 days on the Prinsendam. LOL

650c2f4af5064b19e9c5d46fad6ab99c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for all the pictures of Amsterdam. We were there last July at the Banks Mansion before a TA on the Rotterdam and will be there next July just before a Prinsendam cruise. Loved Banks Mansion, Van Gogh museum and Rijksmuseum . We also did a foodie tour that was very interesting. Wonderful memories prompted by your pictures.

That luggage escalator in the Banks Mansion is new in the last year; it wasn't there when I checked in last June. It's a big help, I'm sure.

Your tour in Amsterdam gave me some ideas of what to do when I'm back there this September. Thanks!

It worked really well Ruth for puttting the bags up or down (works both ways).

By the way, they are also updating their lifts - aka elevators. The ones there work fine but I believe they are adding more to make them bigger and faster :)

Jacqui -

Thanks for all the commentary and great photos!

FYI - We took a gazillion photos in the Rijksmuseum, as did everyone else I saw. No flash, but photos and videos were allowed. No selfie sticks!

In fact, the Rijksmuseum even had a portrait of me after eating for 14 days on the Prinsendam. LOL

650c2f4af5064b19e9c5d46fad6ab99c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry Bobbie, but that looks nothing like you ;)

You are much slimmer and trimmer even after 14 days. Think of poor me after 28 days ;).

and thanks for the correction on the pics. I had the Van Gogh in my head and not enough coffee when I started to post. (That's my line and I'm sticking to it).

The six of us head out and followed the path our hotel recommended. At ton of restaurants. We nixed the one they recommended only because we had things in mind.

Along the way there were some great sights.

f81db6f11cd112a62cc88124e38d6f67.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We found a restaurant that met with everyone's approval but I had to laugh when I saw this restaurant just a stone's throw away from ours.

ac5c194f1305f9715dfc29a804056799.jpg

Our little group - toasting the last night.

Amsterdam is wonderful. It's a gorgeous city with great friendly people. DH said he liked it better than Paris.

56b0518925f153097e536e07d9d7275c.jpg

DH likes his hot sauce. On the ship he has the hottest sambol they have. At home, he eats the hottest chilies.

He asked for a hot sauce and they brought this. He gave it two thumbs up so I am posting in case anyone is like minded and in Amsterdam.

4c8048e4f0b3aaa6122caa25dba948d0.jpg

Everyone was happy with the food here.

there are a ton of restaurants near the Banks (we only discovered that the 2nd night - we were too busy walking everywhere).

Turn right when you walk out and right again. The staff at Banks Mansion are very helpful and happy to give instructions. Easy to find.

ea42d44f04cb3d712d0b845c1aae70ae.jpg

Walking around we were blown away by the beautiful delft pottery.

A few pics if you don't mind. Some of it was quite pricey and deservedly so. Absolutely beautiful.

c4217857620fa28f32998838ba85cf7d.jpg

the windmill was pretty pricey but beautiful.

See the tulips at the bottom? Those are similar to what the Banks has on the breakfast table.

7a33c0c21bf7536d5b70a7331d5f4176.jpg

Soon it was time to return "home". Banks has a wooden bicycle outside as well as one in the lobby. And yes, if you want, you can use them.

Warning - do not use a bicycle in Amsterdam unless you want to take your life into your hands. These guys wiz everywhere and you are lucky not to be run over as a pedestrian let alone trying to ride one and compete with them.

751304a0da3e9b1fb810eebc1be97095.jpg

And a piece of the "library" area:

3faa33fd01d5a69572d462e45a827135.jpg

they actually do have a few books and newspapers, magazines, etc.

It's a relaxation area and the spot for drinks, wines and the cheese tray.

We were very happy at the Banks Mansion and thought it was well worth the money. I loved not having a bill for anything extra.

My two friends raved about the breakfast and the overall experience.

My other CC friends stayed at JL No 76 which is in the museum area and really loved their hotel too.

so bottom line, there are great hotels in Amsterdam, just find the one that suits you.