Grand class, cabin next to stairs, elevators and elevator waiting area

aprilsp88

Hi,

Have you stayed in cabins that's close to stairs, elevators or the area where you wait for elevators? Is noise a concern? Will I hear the elevator bell, or normal volume conversation around the area while people wait for elevators?

We've stayed in one such room on Pacific Princess and had no issue, but I wonder if grand class is any difference, due to the amount of people?

Thanks,

April

Hi,

Have you stayed in cabins that's close to stairs, elevators or the area where you wait for elevators? Is noise a concern? Will I hear the elevator bell, or normal volume conversation around the area while people wait for elevators?

We've stayed in one such room on Pacific Princess and had no issue, but I wonder if grand class is any difference, due to the amount of people?

Thanks,

April

We had a cabin right by the center stair and lift in January on CB and had no issues with noise whatsoever. We likewise have been by the laundry with no adverse effects. Princess passengers are generally pretty darned considerate.

We were on the Golden a few years ago on the Caribe Deck and had no noise issues whatsoever from the elevator area. If memory serves we were in C706. Great location. Enjoy your cruise. :).

"Will I hear the elevator bell, or normal volume conversation around the area while people wait for elevators?"

Because there are more people on the ship the elevator bells and conversations will be much louder

28 days on Emerald Princess. After stepping out of the aft elevators on Caribe deck you could see our cabin door (C705). Never heard a sound. Would book that cabin again in a heartbeat.

Did a 14 day Alaska cruise on the Diamond in an interior room directly next to the elevators. There were no noise issues with the elevators or stairs. It was also easy moving deck to deck since the elevators were just around the corner. As a side note, I have never had an issue cruising in rooms next to the so called "white" areas, stairs, elevators, or directly next to the fire doors. Many cruisers complain about the service carts making excessive noise when crossing the door threshold. But then again, when my head hits the pillow after a long day of cruise activities, I am in snooze heaven!

I've stayed near them many times. The only noise I've ever heard has been from loud, rude passengers that have no clue that they should be quiet in the hallways. The Pacific Princess always seems quieter in the halls than the other ships so yes, I think you are right to expect a little more hallway noise than you had on that ship.

Hi,

Have you stayed in cabins that's close to stairs, elevators

Our favorite cabin is high floor balcony, just rear of the aft stairs/elevator. We've stayed in that cabin or its look-alikes on other class Princess ships over a dozen times.

Never have had noise or traffic problems there. We never even hear noise from the Horizon Court!

For us, it's an ideal location for many reasons including relative price.

I try to book cabins near the elevator/stairs on purpose because it's so much better and more convenient than traversing long, long narrow halls.

We have never had an issue with noise or crowding after multiple rooms near these areas.