Dumb Room Service Question

Hi, I just found a menu for room service. There are no prices, but says there is a $7.95 per order fee. Does that mean the food is free and you just pay the $7.95 fee? Or is it like a super fancy restaurant, things are so expensive they don't add the prices to the menu? LOL

Hi, I just found a menu for room service. There are no prices, but says there is a $7.95 per order fee. Does that mean the food is free and you just pay the $7.95 fee? Or is it like a super fancy restaurant, things are so expensive they don't add the prices to the menu? LOL

The price is $7.95 (plus 18%) per order, no matter how much food you order.

Bob-on our cruise on Oasis in June our son will be sharing a cabin with another adult male-they will both be 21 on this cruise-family friend. If one of them orders room service-how do they charge it ? To that persons account ? Thanks. Old Mom-Melinda.

Bob-on our cruise on Oasis in June our son will be sharing a cabin with another adult male-they will both be 21 on this cruise-family friend. If one of them orders room service-how do they charge it ? To that persons account ? Thanks. Old Mom-Melinda.

It charges to the sea pass account.

It will be charged to whoever calls in the order.

They automatically add the gratuity in addition to the $7.95, which is divided up with behind-the-scenes people. (I don't know why it's called a gratuity then, but... that's another discussion.) You can give an additional cash tip if you choose. Sorry I forgot about that but $9.38 get you all you can eat off the room-service menu as long as it's all in the same order.

They automatically add the gratuity in addition to the $7.95, which is divided up with behind-the-scenes people. (I don't know why it's called a gratuity then, but... that's another discussion.) You can give an additional cash tip if you choose. Sorry I forgot about that but $9.38 get you all you can eat off the room-service menu as long as it's all in the same order.

So, their tip is $1.43???? Geeezzzzz I would tip much more than that. Anyway, I wasn't going to comment, but changed my mind after 2 glasses of wine. Unless I am sick, why would I want and PAY $8.00 plus tip for room service? There are many places to obtain food at no cost....

Thanks. $10 seems more than worth it if we are exhausted or want to just relax in the room. At least once or twice maybe.

Some of us are to lazy to get dressed and walk to wherever food is being served. Also, some of us enjoy eating on our balcony. We seldom if ever go to breakfast on a cruise. If we don't feel like paying the charge we order the free continental breakfast.

A fair price after a busy day in port while you are cleaning up and relaxing.

So I’m confused here. We sailed just over a year ago and every morning I would Oder coffee and danish and fruit, I didn’t pay any surcharge, just a tip. Has this since changed?

Continental breakfast is still free (coffee, yogurt, fruit, cereal, pastries, etc). There is an added optional hot breakfast side of the menu that would have the charge though.