Celebration Cake Worth It?

My daughters bday is a few days before we sail. We are calling this her birthday cruise. She will be 6 at the time of sailing. We are sailing in June (2018) on Freedom.

I wanted to make it special by having a cake. Is there a place to order a cake once on board or should I order the celebration cake that is on the website under the Royal Gifts tab?

I searched the forums and found some talk about Carinval's celebration cake but wasn't sure about RC's cake.

My daughters bday is a few days before we sail. We are calling this her birthday cruise. She will be 6 at the time of sailing. We are sailing in June (2018) on Freedom.

I wanted to make it special by having a cake. Is there a place to order a cake once on board or should I order the celebration cake that is on the website under the Royal Gifts tab?

I searched the forums and found some talk about Carinval's celebration cake but wasn't sure about RC's cake.

You can order the cake from Guest Services or your dining staff.

Talk to your wait staff in the dining room and tell them what you'd like. We have celebrated many anniversaries and birthdays on RCI ships. I think only one time did we have to pay for a cake. They can bring you a whole cake if that's what you want but you might end up paying for that. If they pre-slice the cake (wink, wink) and just bring everyone their slice, you won't have to pay for it. They will put a candle in your daughter's slice if you ask.

I purchased one for my mom before sailing , great money for the value -no- since there is food already on the ship and lots of desserts do I consider it a great experience n surprise for my mom -yes totally worth it -

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While the price may not be worth the cake, I would not hesitate to order the cake and have it delivered to the table on the evening of a 6 year old's birthday. It comes down to what makes the child feel special on their special day.

We cruised with our grandkids and their parents on my birthday once and the grandkids were a whole lot more excited by the special birthday cake surprise than myself. For children sometimes birthday equals birthday cake.