Port Miami parking

Neeshneeshy

Simple enough to use the garage parking right at the port opposite the docks. Spaces were available on level 2 when I entered about 10 AM. I did have to look on my parking stub to ascertain which garage I parked in at the end of the week. Right on top of the stub was POM D, meaning Garage D. Garage C was the other facility facing the Carnival docks.

Only $156 for the week, easy in and out, no hassle waiting for transfers and covered parking.

We used off site parking twice at Port of Miami. Getting to the port was fine, but catching the shuttle to get back to our car at the end of the cruise was so stressful - both times. We were the first at the waiting area but after waiting a long time for the shuttle, there were tons of people, luggage, strollers, etc. waiting. There were no lines - it was a disorganized hot mess. Getting on the shuttle was every man for himself to catch the shuttle back to the parking lot. I don't like that type of environment. We had my husband catch the shuttle and go get the car while I waited on the sidewalk with the luggage. Our friends parked at Port of Miami and walked right to their car. I won't ever do off-site parking again. It's worth the extra money to me not to have that type of stress at the end of my vacation.

There are many threads about parking off site.

Many of us advise parking at the port for convenience and for safety of your vehicle.

The port has lots of parking some inside garages and other parking which is open. You can park very close to where you will board and disembark the ship.

Keith

Parking off site, as frequently discussed on this board, is likely not covered, is not convenient, and is not secure. It's your car - do you feel lucky? :confused:

Park at the port. Its 30% safety of your car, 30% not being ripped off, and 40% that is so much easier to park at the port and worth the extra money. Its so freaking easy there and stress free.

I like the idea of parking right at the port. Anyone know what the address is or the name of the parking facility? Should you (can you?) make a reservation? Was it difficult getting out of the port area at the end of the cruise? Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

It could be a considerable difference at $22 per day.    Parking off site in an indoor lot with an established company will cost at least half that.   I do understand the convenience of not needing a shuttle.

Fortunately for me I can take Uber which will cost $30-$40 each way and my car will remain home, saving gas and being dropped off at the entrance to the port.

6 hours ago, kdvolfan said:

When arriving, do you drop off your luggage and then go and park?  Or do they have porters who take your luggage inside the garage?  Thank you.

Drop your bags and then park.  You could park first, but why drag your bags 100 ft or so when you do not need to?