Advice on Royal's Mess Up

Hey Everyone,

My family and I are booked in a Junior Suite for our Independence cruise next year. There will be 4 of us in the JS and I was looking for a price drop today when I noticed the stateroom we are assigned does not have a icon-sofa-bed.png on it, which I assume means it is not a designated "additional" persons cabin?

The advice I am looking for is: Is my assumption true? If so should I call RCI and have them make a change in cabins? We really like the cabin location, any harm and just ignoring it? Will they still let us have the cabin? Has anyone experienced this in the past?

Sorry for so many questions. Thanks in advance for any help :)

Hey Everyone,

My family and I are booked in a Junior Suite for our Independence cruise next year. There will be 4 of us in the JS and I was looking for a price drop today when I noticed the stateroom we are assigned does not have a icon-sofa-bed.png on it, which I assume means it is not a designated "additional" persons cabin?

The advice I am looking for is: Is my assumption true? If so should I call RCI and have them make a change in cabins? We really like the cabin location, any harm and just ignoring it? Will they still let us have the cabin? Has anyone experienced this in the past?

Sorry for so many questions. Thanks in advance for any help :)

Maybe you should ask the moderators to either edit your title or just delete the entire thread now that you have the answer.

Gregg

Why? These type of questions get asked all of the time and they are not edited or deleted.

Maybe you should ask the moderators to either edit your title or just delete the entire thread now that you have the answer.

Gregg

Why? These type of questions get asked all of the time and they are not edited or deleted.

I do not understand what Royal's mess up was. Did they misrepresent the cabin description/features?

I do not understand what Royal's mess up was. Did they misrepresent the cabin description/features?

The OP thought they were in a stateroom for two, but it turns out it was a stateroom for four.

Hey Bob,

Thank you so much again, and I hope my questions, and your answer, help others as well.

Just for the record the reason I got worried is because I heard a story on our last cruise, where the computers at RCI cancelled a cruise within the final month after payment in full and everything, because the “parameters” of the room did not meet reservation requirements (what ever that means, I should have asked more). Anyways when I do a mock booking this is what i see:IMG_0043.JPG.4e1253587b926111a3568bda132dbcd3.JPG

You can clearly see our room does not have the 4 person icon on it, and I want to make sure it was a computer error that would not lead to any unfortunate events in the future.

My wife and I are looking forward to this being our Diamond cruise and the first cruise for our second child. So I’m just double checking everything.

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey Bob,

Thank you so much again, and I hope my questions, and your answer, help others as well.

Just for the record the reason I got worried is because I heard a story on our last cruise, where the computers at RCI cancelled a cruise within the final month after payment in full and everything, because the “parameters” of the room did not meet reservation requirements (what ever that means, I should have asked more). Anyways when I do a mock booking this is what i see:[ATTACH]421027[/ATTACH]

You can clearly see our room does not have the 4 person icon on it, and I want to make sure it was a computer error that would not lead to any unfortunate events in the future.

My wife and I are looking forward to this being our Diamond cruise and the first cruise for our second child. So I’m just double checking everything.

Thanks again!

IMG_0043.thumb.JPG.8fb7fd8cfa23efd54ab0984c577ba8a1.JPG

And here is a zoomed out photo, just in case [emoji6]