Yacht Club Drink Pacakge Question

pmb526

Maybe a dumb question. We are new to MSC and their drink packages. Looked at the above 2018 drink list and am wondering has anyone recently used “drinks on us”?

Is a person is a booze drinker it sounds like rail booze only?

Also how does it work with classic or deluxe drink package if you just book a balcony room not YC. It says drinks upto $8 what if you order a $10 drink you pay difference or the $10? are the drink packages added on to price of room and where do I find prices. Tryed going thru a mock booking but confused with packages and the the different levels such as Bella. Sorry if this is a redundant question..But would appreciate any help.

• 3 weeks later...
I was just on Seaside two weeks ago and checked it out at the Creprie (sp?) and was told yes, they are included. They were just setting up for opening and she handed me one of the frozen dark chocolate bars!! So rich, I couldn’t finish it.

Things have changed. Was originally told crepes were included by yc director. Now am told they are no longer included with yacht club but an upcharge. We are on seaside.

Things have changed. Was originally told crepes were included by yc director. Now am told they are no longer included with yacht club but an upcharge. We are on seaside.

May I ask - what is the upcharge? And what is available?

I am doing MSC research. Booked Seaside YC next May.

Thanks much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Upcharge is the full price for crepes. Everything else except crepes and chocolates from venchi is included. Gelato, gelato bars, milk shakes from venchi are included.

May I ask - what is the upcharge? And what is available?

I am doing MSC research. Booked Seaside YC next May.

Thanks much.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

That’s a bummer. Wish they could decide once and keep it that way all the time instead of switching

Upcharge is the full price for crepes. Everything else except crepes and chocolates from venchi is included. Gelato, gelato bars, milk shakes from venchi are included.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Thanks much!

Thanks much!

Just spoke with Allesandro with the disappointment of crepes not being included. He was surprised I was going to be charged. Told me he would get back to me. Hopefully crepes sl ne restored on seaside.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1) It says drinks upto $8 what if you order a $10 drink you pay difference or the $10?

2) are the drink packages added on to price of room and where do I find prices.

3) Tryed going thru a mock booking but confused with packages

4) ... different levels such as Bella

Sorry if this is a redundant question..But would appreciate any help.

1) You pay full price if the drink is not covered by the package you've chosen.

2) You can pre-pay for drinks packages or wait 'til onboard where the cost will be added to your onboard account. You will incur a 15% service if booking onboard which is avoided by pre-paying.

3) The following link shows what's covered in the various packages:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/2018%20Drink%20Package%20Comparison%20Guise%20with%20DRINKS%20ON%20US.pdf

4) 'Experiences', such as Bella, are categories of cabin - Bella having the least benefits, YC having the most. Here's a link which explains further under 'Fares by Experience'; you can compare experiences here, too:

https://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/Cruise-Deals/Our-Fares.aspx

YC bookings now have the Deluxe package included which means that you can have all items on bar menus excluding those with 2 asterisks.

The confusion around whether crepes are included or not is because they're not included in the Jean-Philippe Maury franchise on Meraviglia but are in Venchi on Seaside.

Hi Bea. So here is my question of the day for you....

Outside of YC bookings, but with the full Deluxe package, in terms of Venchi on Seaside/View what do you get, eg gelato sticks? Additionally what about on non-venchi ships in Fantastica class?

Hi Bea. So here is my question of the day for you....

Outside of YC bookings, but with the full Deluxe package, in terms of Venchi on Seaside/View what do you get, eg gelato sticks? Additionally what about on non-venchi ships in Fantastica class?

It'll be 14 months before I can answer your question re Seaview, Frank. :D

If you have the deluxe package on, as you call them, "non-Venchi" (or Jean-Phillipe, for that matter) ships, you can have all the gelato you can eat (which is Venchi, anyway, at the gelato stalls) PLUS all the wonderful sundaes on the pool bar list (and in the Piazzas on the Fantasia-class ships).

It'll be 14 months before I can answer your question re Seaview, Frank. :D

If you have the deluxe package on, as you call them, "non-Venchi" (or Jean-Phillipe, for that matter) ships, you can have all the gelato you can eat (which is Venchi, anyway, at the gelato stalls) PLUS all the wonderful sundaes on the pool bar list (and in the Piazzas on the Fantasia-class ships).

Yes that was my understanding. I'm finding the new ships generated questions interesting & then that they cloud your previous understanding on ships not connected lol

But we soldier on lol

Its only 9 months for me until Seaview, but I'm hoping those gelato on a stick are included for sure ;p

Just spoke with Allesandro with the disappointment of crepes not being included. He was surprised I was going to be charged. Told me he would get back to me. Hopefully crepes sl ne restored on seaside.

Thank you!

Fingers crossed!

Hi folks!

Just returned home after one fantastic week in the YC on the MSC Seaview!

Laurent Perrier Champagne in the Champagne bar... they even asked if would like to make them large champagnes! So we did!!!

Other champagne was available in YC "Champagne Nicolas" which we tried but enjoyed the LP more.

We had Venchi Icecreams, nut covered chocolate coated double scooped!!! We also had crepes with ice cream at Venchi.

Chocolates were NOT free at Venchi chocolate bar :-( BUT, if you ordered an espresso... it came with 3 free chocolates!!! So, we ordered 2 espressos and one caffe latte (free for YC) and my husband had a "double" espresso!!! Still recovering from travelling post cruise... will try to post a review in coming days.

Thank you!

Fingers crossed!

Sorry no crepes for yc guests without paying. Not included is the final answer. Maybe someone else will be able to get it modified.

Sorry no crepes for yc guests without paying. Not included is the final answer. Maybe someone else will be able to get it modified.

Frank ... just to clarify: You're referring to Seaside? The post immediately before yours seems to indicate that crepes are (still) included on Seaview for YC (which means anyone, so, with the deluxe package).

Frank ... just to clarify: You're referring to Seaside? The post immediately before yours seems to indicate that crepes are (still) included on Seaview for YC (which means anyone, so, with the deluxe package).
Yes on seaside.

Seems that MSC has differences among all of its ships for same experiences, and it seems to depend on the location? So Yacht Club on Fantasia (Mediterranean) will have some differences to Yacht Club on Seaside (Caribbean) (e,g crepes included, but only one time thermal suite access?). I've also noticed differences in pricing for photography packages etc amongst the different ships and locations? Will try to review September cruise on MSC Fantasia...:cool:

Seems that MSC has differences among all of its ships for same experiences, and it seems to depend on the location? So Yacht Club on Fantasia (Mediterranean) will have some differences to Yacht Club on Seaside (Caribbean) (e,g crepes included, but only one time thermal suite access?). I've also noticed differences in pricing for photography packages etc amongst the different ships and locations? Will try to review September cruise on MSC Fantasia...:cool:
Seaside and seaview which are as the same class has differences. A poster said they were able to get crepes from the crepiere while seaview but on seaside it is not possible. Same class of ship and same category of cabin but different experiences.

• 2 months later...
Thanks! Another thing that seems too good to be true.

I don't see us doing much drinking in our room, but might be nice to have a few Bloody's or Mimosa's on the balcony in the morning.

People after our own heart !!! Nothing like starting a cruise day with one of those:D