Martini flight and the Premium package question

ricklepickle

Originally, we booked our Equinox cruise without the beverage package, but through a combination of price decreases and promotions, have all four perks Celebrity offers. Including the Premium beverage package. I was originally excited to try the martini flight one night (and share it with my boyfriend, since it is more alcohol than we would usually drink, even at half!). But I was wondering, is the flight included in the package, or do I “make my own” by ordering the martinis one at a time.

Which seems silly, since I will waste most of the larger drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last trip I had the premium package and tried to order the martini flight, and was told that I would have to pay, but I could order a full size martini of each type one at a time for free. I told the bartender that made no sense, but was told that was the rules.

Originally, we booked our Equinox cruise without the beverage package, but through a combination of price decreases and promotions, have all four perks Celebrity offers. Including the Premium beverage package. I was originally excited to try the martini flight one night (and share it with my boyfriend, since it is more alcohol than we would usually drink, even at half!). But I was wondering, is the flight included in the package, or do I “make my own” by ordering the martinis one at a time.

One can always order a martini in a smaller glass... or ... 1/2 of the large glass, that way none or less of it would be wasted.

bon voyage

bon voyage

Last trip I had the premium package and tried to order the martini flight, and was told that I would have to pay, but I could order a full size martini of each type one at a time for free. I told the bartender that made no sense, but was told that was the rules.

That’s what I figured...but yes, silly.

Can I order a regular one in a smaller glass? Has anyone done that? Because, seriously, even six three ounce martinis split between two of us is a lot...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One can always order a martini in a smaller glass... or ... 1/2 of the large glass, that way none or less of it would be wasted.

bon voyage

bon voyage

If you have the classic package, how is the half martini handled? Is it fully paid for by the package?

And how pissy are the bartenders going to be if we order a half glass of a martini?

The specialty martinis on the Martini Bar menu aren’t covered by the Classic Package. You will, however, just pay the difference there. If you order a martini at another bar it will be covered by the Classic Package. The flight at the Martini Bar is not covered even under the Premium Package. You are right that it seems wasteful that they would prefer you to order more alcohol...but that’s the way it is.

The Martini flights & 35th Anniversary Martini aren’t covered in any package. Normally we’ll just watch the martini flight when someone gets them (it’s a good show). DH loves the anniversary martini & pays about $2 for it

The Martini flights & 35th Anniversary Martini aren’t covered in any package. Normally we’ll just watch the martini flight when someone gets them (it’s a good show). DH loves the anniversary martini & pays about $2 for it

What is the anniversary martini?

If you have the classic package, how is the half martini handled? Is it fully paid for by the package?

And how pissy are the bartenders going to be if we order a half glass of a martini?

One can get a martini in a smaller glass without a problem.

Let the bartender know your package and the liquor will be commensurate with that as well.

I Am sure they get that often there. So no problem at all.

Bon voyage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

One can get a martini in a smaller glass without a problem.

Let the bartender know your package and the liquor will be commensurate with that as well.

I Am sure they get that often there. So no problem at all.

Bon voyage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

You can get standard size martinis at the other bars but on our last few cruises they were not offering them at the Martini Bar. You could only get the larger Martini Bar size.

The Martini flight has never been covered by the beverage package. About 4 years ago we were on a TA and late in the cruise we teamed up with 3 other couples and purchased a 24 Martini pour. Obviously more than the 8 of us would drink but it was fun and we passed the “extra” martinis to others who had been regulars at the bar throughout the cruise.

You can get standard size martinis at the other bars but on our last few cruises they were not offering them at the Martini Bar. You could only get the larger Martini Bar size.

The Martini flight has never been covered by the beverage package. About 4 years ago we were on a TA and late in the cruise we teamed up with 3 other couples and purchased a 24 Martini pour. Obviously more than the 8 of us would drink but it was fun and we passed the “extra” martinis to others who had been regulars at the bar throughout the cruise.

Okay j - that is a change from our previous sailings where some in our group only had Classic and were able order non-Premium martinis there...

Thanks for the heads up.

bon voyage

I am not sure I read the menu correctly but it says the individual martinis are $15. I thought they were $13. What martinis are included in the premium package?

Andrea

That may have been a UK or AU menu where the tips are included. All except the 25th anniversary are included.