MDR for breakfast

Krazcruiser

MDR for breakfast is very relaxed and easy to chose as others have said if you wish to eat alone or join a group. They tend to put the groups at the tables that have a view out the windows and the smaller tables of 2/4 toward the inside, if that factors into your decision. You can even request a favorite server.

I've been on 12 cruises and I've never experienced the MDR for breakfast, so do they seet your family with other guest,thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

So you've been missing out! We especially love sea day brunch in the MDR. As for seating they are always very accommodating to our requests. I'm sure that you won't have any problem getting what you want.

We've done both. We don't ask one way or the other' date=' just go with the flow[/quote']

Exactly this, just go with the flow. On our last cruise the Ruby Princess they just asked how many, and then took you to a table. Although we sat a big table, we all did not eat at the same time. In fact, when we sat down within two mins a couple was getting up to leave. This was something I could not resist, "Do we smell or something is that why you guys are leaving?" They lady was like :o:o"no I swear, it is we are done eating and need to get to our excursion." I was like I am just kidding, and we all laughed about it. In fact, we ran into the same couple that night, and the husband walked up behind us (we did not see him, and or did not realize it was the same couple from breakfast) and says to his wife "Do you smell that? My god that smell is awful!". That is when we realized it was them, I was like touché my friend, and we laughed again about it, fun times.

Dw and I usually do YTD for two people, but we have always been seated at a table for two, without others at the MDR breakfasts and brunches. The only exception was the Green Eggs and Ham breakfast where we were seated with another family, but being a special event, it is a bit different.

I've been on 12 cruises and I've never experienced the MDR for breakfast, so do they seet your family with other guest,thanks

Our first breakfast in the MDR we were seated with 2 other couples cruising together and they were almost finished eating. It was very awkward as my DH and I waited for our food to arrive. After that experience we always request a table just for 2.

We prefer being served in the MDR, rather than standing in buffet lines, while your food gets cold! You can get just about anything in the MDR that you can get in the buffet, but no waiting for the syrup or trying to find jelly or butter...it will all be on your table, waiting for YOU!

We just returned from an 8 day adventure on the Conquest where we ate breakfast every morning. The menu is different with

sea day brunch menu vs. the regular menu. Both are excellent. The food is always hot and prepared to your specifications. It's

always our favorite meal time. If you're in a rush, request a table for 2. If you sit with others they wait till the table is full before taking your order which adds time. Enjoy the relaxation.......

On our Pride cruise earlier this year we did the sea day brunch twice, but never the breakfast (felt service/atmosphere was lacking) and had table for two both times, but would have gladly shared a table with others. I don't think there was much of a line, so parties were seated by themselves. Pride also seems set-up for smaller tables. Embarkation dinner and afternoon tea were the only times we shared a table.

Our first breakfast in the MDR we were seated with 2 other couples cruising together and they were almost finished eating. It was very awkward as my DH and I waited for our food to arrive. After that experience we always request a table just for 2.

That does sound awkward. I think we've waited before for a table to be filled, but never seated with other diners who were partway through their meal:o

We prefer being served in the MDR, rather than standing in buffet lines, while your food gets cold! You can get just about anything in the MDR that you can get in the buffet, but no waiting for the syrup or trying to find jelly or butter...it will all be on your table, waiting for YOU!

We still enjoy leisurely breakfasts at lido, just making several trips so each plate is fresh/hot when we sit with it (less waste this way too, since we can decide after each "course" if we really want more. I have had things missing from MDR tables before, and it can be a long wait to get it corrected.

We used to prefer MDR over buffet (and will try it again on our next cruise), but are also discovering ways to make lido work for us when MDR doesn't.

The syrup is NOT on the table. Neither is ketchup or hot sauce. If the waiter forgets something, you have to wait for him to go and get it. We have been forgotten more than once by the juice and/or pastries servers. In the WJ, you have access to all the above mentioned and it only takes a few seconds to go and get what you want/need. Both venues (MDR and WJ) have advantages and disadvantages. One is not necessarily better than the other. :)

The syrup is NOT on the table. Neither is ketchup or hot sauce. If the waiter forgets something, you have to wait for him to go and get it. We have been forgotten more than once by the juice and/or pastries servers. In the WJ, you have access to all the above mentioned and it only takes a few seconds to go and get what you want/need. Both venues (MDR and WJ) have advantages and disadvantages. One is not necessarily better than the other. :)

Unless you are working mom who spends all her time at home getting up and down to cook, serve and clean for people. The LAST thing I want to do on vacation is wait in a buffet line for food, then have to grab a drink, find a table and get everyone in one place, and heaven for bid, get up and down for refills etc. Lido has ZERO benefits for me and I do not eat breakfast there unless forced by an early shore excursion.

In my opinion, the Sea Day Brunch, is the best food available that is included without an up charge.

I haven't tried the port day MDR breakfast. We usually hit up The Blue Iguana for awesome breakfast burritos.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Forums mobile app

I agree about the Sea Day Brunch. The salmon is a perfect breakfast!

salmon.jpg" alt="salmon" border="0"

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, what's the acceptable attire, is flip flops and tshirts acceptable

I have never worried about it enough to inquire, so others can correct me if I am wrong, but I think it is pretty much the same is the MDR on non-elegant nights. The breakfast feels more laid back anyway. Love it or hate it, dress code "enforcement" doesn't seem to be a big priority to Carnival, so I wouldn't worry too much :)

I eat almost every breakfast in the MDR. Most of the time it is just me and they seat me by myself. When I go in with my family I have never been put with other people. I am pretty sure you can ask for your own table.

Much prefer the buffet on Lido for breakfast. The last thing I want to do on vacation is sit and wait to be served, then watch my food get cold while my server is retrieving something from the galley that he/she forgot to bring. Besides, often on a cruise there isn't time for an hour to an hour and half breakfast. If I need a refill, I simply get up and get it, as opposed to waiting fifteen minutes for my server to do it for me. :-)