Carnival Triumph worth the risk?

Happytobee

Just got off the triumph today and could not wait to get home. The ship was clean and safe but the food is just awful. Eating my wife’s spaghetti with meat sauce tonight and it will be the only decent meal I have had in five days.

I think we’ve found something quite rare here. A person that went hungry on a cruise. Given my experience and the large number of food options, I find it hard to believe that all the food was bad.

I think we’ve found something quite rare here. A person that went hungry on a cruise. Given my experience and the large number of food options, I find it hard to believe that all the food was bad.

You gotta love posts that take it to the extreme......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ships food is subjective . Some people cant tolerate certain foods . And the person never said they didn't eat ,they said the food was awful.

Very understandable in my opinion.:)

Guess the food is just different for what people like. We sailed the Triumph May of 2017, had overall an enjoyable cruise and didn't go hungry in anyway. Personally I like the Blue Iguana and their tacos and guy's burgers. We found staff to be enjoyable and didn't encounter any issues.

Now I can pretty much say all cruise lines leave a little something to be desired for me in the food department. I however am a rather plain eater, I am fine with steak, chicken, hamburgers, pizza, hotdogs, tacos, etc. I am not a foodie, nor do I like really exotic foods.

Guess the food is just different for what people like. We sailed the Triumph May of 2017, had overall an enjoyable cruise and didn't go hungry in anyway. Personally I like the Blue Iguana and their tacos and guy's burgers. We found staff to be enjoyable and didn't encounter any issues.

Now I can pretty much say all cruise lines leave a little something to be desired for me in the food department. I however am a rather plain eater, I am fine with steak, chicken, hamburgers, pizza, hotdogs, tacos, etc. I am not a foodie, nor do I like really exotic foods.

Guy's popularity is off the charts. The Carnival demographic seems to lean toward fast foodies. You don't hear too many complaints about the real food, but a lot of love for the stuff that makes dieticians cringe.

Agree. Is it time that we follow up every such post with a standard follow up question or maybe a full questionnaire for them:

1. Please list every dish you ate for every meal and provide a full description of its quality and how it could have been improved to your standard.

2. Please list the foods you required for your cruise that were not provided.

3. Please list the last ten restaurants you visited on land that satisfied you. If no restaurant has ever satisfied you, please check here: ____.

We sailed the Triumph in March. While it was my least favorite cruise, the ship was totally fine. Our issues were more related to the fact that the cruise was 80% from Arkansas spring-breakers, pools were too cold to actually use, and hot tubs were full of small children. The ship shows wear, but the service was great and the food was on par with other ships. Go and have fun!

My husband and I sailed on the Triumph in 2009. This was our second cruise but our first with Carnival. The Triumph was a fine ship and we enjoyed our cruise. Since then we've sailed the Glory, Splendor and Sunshine. Next year we'll be sailing on the Triumph once again and I can't wait. I'm also looking forward to seeing what changes will take place during dry dock. Enjoy your cruise.