caribbean princess embarkation lunch

igar39

When we sailed her last December, there was a main dining room open for lunch, as well as the buffet, International café, pizza place, hamburger place. Grab the patter from your cabin when you embark, and all the details for meals will be there. Enjoy!

MDR, most likely on deck 6, will be open on embarkation day from 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM. Often crew will tell you no MDR open for lunch but don't believe them. HC (buffet), pizzeria and grill will be open on lido deck and IC (International Cafe) on deck 5 will also be open with prepared sandwiches etc. All the food venues excluding the MDR will be open when you board and will be open until late at night.

MDR, most likely on deck 6, will be open on embarkation day from 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM. Often crew will tell you no MDR open for lunch but don't believe them. HC (buffet), pizzeria and grill will be open on lido deck and IC (International Cafe) on deck 5 will also be open with prepared sandwiches etc. All the food venues excluding the MDR will be open when you board and will be open until late at night.

Yes, the Coral Dining Room on Deck 6 will be open on embarkation day from Noon to 1:30 PM on Caribbean Princess.

If you have Club Class Dining (also located on Deck 6 beside the Coral Dining Room), it will be open. Noon - 1:30 PM. :)

Question about International Café. Its been several years since we cruised on Princess. At that time the IC had delicious salads. A chicken salad and a shrimp salad. Do they still have salads or only sandwiches along with pastries?

Not the specialty restaurants.

Are they dressing free or preprepared?

I guess it depends on how you define "dressed". No, there won't be an obvious dressing like you would find on a tossed or Caesar salad. However, there are seasonings and flavors (such as the fennel mentioned above). I would think the salads would be pretty bland without this.

I guess it depends on how you define "dressed". No, there won't be an obvious dressing like you would find on a tossed or Caesar salad. However, there are seasonings and flavors (such as the fennel mentioned above). I would think the salads would be pretty bland without this.

They did appear to be tossed with oil or mayo. No traditional salad dressing ranch etc. though. They were ready to eat.

The salads were not like a bunch of lettuce with vegetables that you would put a dressing on. They were things like "chicken cashew salad" or "shrimp salad" that were already prepared to be scooped onto a plate and served "as is," so no dressings on the side.

You can get various types of greens with veges and salad toppings at the buffet and add whichever dressing you wish...or take a small bowl for your dressing on the side up there.

The crew seem to be directed to send you to the buffet on embarkation day...I was stopped several times on my way to the dining room and, very pleasantly, directed to the buffet. I just kept smiling and saying we were headed to the dining room...even at the door the asked me if I was looking for the buffet...but I persisted...love the dining room lunchon Day 1...quiet and not crowded!